Pine Hollow Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is in a fee area. The first part of the trail is exposed, so on a hot day, it can get pretty warm. Then the trail goes through trees. In the summer the trail is very lush and crosses streams. There are lots of wild flowers. If you go go another 100 yards to the left on the Ridge trail you'll reach a meadow where you can see down to The Heber Valley to the East, Lone Peak Wilderness to the North and Mt. Timpanogos to the West.

Beautiful hike with amazing views of Timp. We got some directional help at the top to circle around on the Salamander trail which was perfect.

Easy loop trail with scenic variety of forest, meadow and panoramic views of Timponogos which steal the show. Definitely layer up this time of year, but I was sweating in the sun when protected by the trees. The melting ice also makes the path very muddy and surprisingly slippery, so be careful.

Took the puppers up here today, was a mild hike, views of Timp are amazing, there is a nice mix of shade and openness. It was a quiet trail (Sunday) only came across a couple of people. Was a little muddy in spots from snow melt after the warm weather.

Almost no traffic. Moderately steep, but my kids did great (6, 8, 11, 13). Great views of Timp, the leaves were in full color.

I was so looking forward to this trail, but we were unlucky 25 minutes into it a couple (Soldiers - a man and a woman) came back and told us that they just had to escape from two mountain lions who were running down the hill, frightened by something. She had to shoot in the air to make the mountain lions change direction. The woman was shaking so of course we all turned back. I am glad it was not us in front of them

Great trail. Steep at the beginning, but it levels out and you get some nice meadow views of Timp.

Beautiful! A great way to start your morning. We started trail at 7am and returned by 10am. We came across 7 mountain bikers and only a few hikers. Pleasant.

Beautiful trail. Lots of shade after the early part of the hike. Many wildflowers. Had to watch carefully for motorcyclists. Breathtaking views.

The best views looking back at the mountain were from Ridge Trail (we hiked about a mile on this trail, it is up at the top of the Pine Hollow Trail).

Hiked this trail the first week of June. Amazing white flowering trees at the time which I hadn’t seen up on the mountain before. Really beautiful views up at the top (hiking beyond Pine Hollow trail). Started hiking about 6:30 am and it was beautiful.

I loved this trail! I would say the only thing that makes this qualify as moderate is the elevation gain. I did Stewart falls (qualified as easy) a couple weeks ago and I had a harder time there. I took my 4 and 6 year olds on this trail and they did great! It was nice because we went in the evening and only saw a couple people; it was so quiet. The only thing is, the actual pine hollow trail ends about a third of the way through the loop that the map shows. If you do the whole loop, you're getting closer to 5 miles. We just ended up turning around and got just over 4 miles which was still great.

Even though the road is open now for Timp, this trail is getting a lot of traffic. Be aware, dirt bikes are out in force which may ruin the experience of this beautiful hike. This is my favorite WINTER trail.

Pretty great hike. we ended up doing this one because the road to get to any hike past this one is closed currently (not sure why). this hike was considerably steeper than the one we had planned as I had my 2 year old with us. he hiked a little bit of it and spent the rest in his carrier. it was pretty but the flowers weren't in bloom right now so it might be prettier when they are. (may 15 today). stream sort of follows the trail which is nice. there were only a couple small easily avoidable muddy spots. we brought our dog too and he loved it. saw lots of butterflies which my 2 year old also loved.

It was a difficult hike for me because of the elevation (I’m from Illinois). The views were amazing. We did get lost though. Thankfully a nice gentleman helped us find our way back to our car.

Fantastic work out

Very gorgeous hike, serval mountain lion tracks all over today, all different sizes. Posted some pics of them above, including one picture with some blood spots in the snow... some mouse or rabbit had just been breakfast before we got there...

Really cool trail, but it is very icy right now. You need good hiking boots or yaktrax or something to give you grip. We slipped several times.
Very pretty though!

Nice hike. Trail was icy and snowy for most of the hike. No wildlife today.

This is a fun trail filled with some really cool views! It’s amazing to look back at the canyon and see all the layers and colors. Loved that. It’s steep. I could see kids and beginning hikers not enjoying this trail for the difficulty. It is a nice trail though. Between the little streams, animals, and basins, it is a very enjoyable/ slightly difficult trail with a great length

Hiked this trail and the Ridge Trail up to the Summit Trailhead as part of a loop hike. Good trail with great view of the sun rise lighting up the surrounding peaks

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The first third of this hike is in the sun and the last fourth of it is as well. Nothing super amazing the first half, but after that it gets good. You pass a couple small streams, and then an open Meadow. You continue to follow the trail and come onto another Meadow. You then come to a fork in the trail and this is where the Pine Hollow trail ends. If you go to the left from here you will get to see some absolutely AMAZING views!! These views made the whole hike worth it!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

dogs loved it , moderate uphill, great views! nice little prarie like area, access to stream etc

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Way fun!! Kind of difficult to find the trail head at the beginning because it is across the street from the parking lot by the bathrooms. During the hike you pass over 2 or 3 small streams and our dogs LOVED it! A little steeper at the beginning but definitely fun! Not too bad of a hike at all! Definitely worth a lot of a views, it was absolutely gorgeous!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

We hiked this on Memorial day. Our GPS said that we walked 6.8 miles start to finish. Not sure why there is a discrepancy with the distance.

The trail is dry and some of the flowers are starting to bloom. It is a bit steep until you get to the loop portion, where is mellows a lot. The trail is currently only open for hiking. No bikes, etc. are allowed at the current time.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

very beautiful and easy

Monday, May 15, 2017

Loved this hike ! Narrow trail but it was dry and snow free up until you got passed the first meadow but still totally hikeable and worth the bit of mud to get to the final clearing !

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Nice hike with pretty views. Lots of different trails that branch off.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Nice views

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Great trail with lots of route options. Terrific views of Timp too.

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Great trail with plenty of flexibility as far as where you want to go and how far. Great for snow shoeing in the winter. The first part is steep and then after that it gets easy. Soooo beautiful. Once you go to the meadow, if you take a right towards the timpooneke trailhead there's an awesome viewpoint.