Peruvian Gulch-Blackjack Trail

Peruvian Gulch-Blackjack Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sandy, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort 9385 S. Snowbird Center Dr. Snowbird, UT 84092-9000 800-232-9542

Great hiking trail just make sure to carry plenty of water. Views are espectacular. You can ride the gondola down for free if you reach the top. The trail is not that well marked.

The wildflowers and beautiful. with ockoberfest happening at the base, I thought the trail would be more busy. But we had it to ourselves. The top of the tram and Peruvian was busy since you can take the lift up. Beautiful views all the way up.

The flowers were insanely beautiful. We took the tram up and hiked down. My knees and butt are dying today but it was worth it. I plan to hike up it in 2 weeks.

This is a hike I love to do every year. Especially during Oktoberfest. A lot of elevation climb but so worth it in the end. I see so many people coming down, which for me I can't justify paying to kill my knees. Hike up, enjoy the views and ride the tram down for free! Then treat yourself to nice cold beer!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

This was my first big hike as a "regular" hiker, not having hiked much before but now weekly, and it was challenging. The first section is scrambling up a hillside and a winding, wide trail up Peruvian gulch. The fall colors were just starting to show. Several feet of snow toward the top made it a real work out; the weather was great. The views from the summit were amazing. I took the tram for free to go back down and enjoy Oktoberfest. I would recommend this hike, however, it gets precarious the last mile and those afraid of heights might not enjoy it.

Thursday, June 22, 2017