Peekaboo Loop Trail

Peekaboo Loop Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, bird watching, and horses and is best used from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,453 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: As of April 2019, the connector from Navajo to Sunset point is closed. Please check the park page for updates. The Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail begins at Bryce Point and drops quickly to the canyon floor. While some consider this a more moderate hike, due to the rapid elevation change and the length this hike is considered hard. Hikers are cautioned to be aware that this trail is shared with horses.

recorded Peekaboo Loop Trail

Stunning

One of the best hikes I’ve ever done. The trail goes down quite steadily for a mile until you hit the loop. Lots of significant ups and downs on the loop. It’s all so so worth it.

Awesome hike. Gorgeous views. Not many people. Lots of ups and downs but walking among the hoodoos is awesome.

We started at Bryce point and hiked peekaboo trail, took the connector trail to Navajo loop trail. If you do this hike up the Wall Street side as it has some amazing features as your going up the switchbacks. Once at the top of Navajo loop trail we went back down the two bridges back the connector and back up to Bryce point. It was a great hike and I would highly recommend it, there is quite a bit of elevation gain going this way but worth it.

Awesome hike did peekaboo to Navajo to sunset to rim back to Bryce point nice early am loop

The most amazing loop in the canyon.. combining this with Navajo and Queens garden was perfect!

Starting from Bryce point then at the bottom of Bruce point, took a left to go counter clock-wise.

A beautiful hike, which includes arches to walk through and leads you down into the canyon to see the hoodoos from a completely different perspective. Saw Steller Jays, Common ravens and an unknown hummingbird. Rock outcrops and trees can provide some shelter from rain if you get caught in a light rainstorm. Hiked at the beginning of September and human traffic was minimal down in the canyon, though the top of the canyon was pretty packed with people still.

Great trail that we found very similar to Fairyland Loop. A bit crowded, but the views are stunning. You’ll most likely be sharing the trail with groups on horses and mules, so be alert!

Peakaboo trail is the way to go at Bryce Canyon!! We did Navajo Trail (starting at Wall Street), to Peakaboo trail, to Queens Garden, then back up to Sunset/Sunrise Point. The Wall Street descent is incredible and I’d definitely recommend doing this part of the Navajo trail. Queens Garden was just okay in my opinion, but maybe it’s because I had just come from Peakaboo trail which I loved. For those who want a longer hike and a bit of a challenge, read on. (Yes YOU, given you came all this way to Bryce Canton.) Peakaboo trail is a real treat for anyone looking for a nice, long, scenic hike removed from the crowds (also everyone we met on Peakaboo trail was so friendly, it’s almost as if we were saying to each other “this is the way to go...” It has, in my opinion, the best views of the breadth of the park while also still being immersed in the park. Loved Bryce Canyon as a whole... could get happily lost for hours walking around in those canyons.

good fitness challenge, lot of up and down, great views of the hoodoos, many pix opportunities, wasn't too crowded until we met up with wallstreet trail

Great views. A bit crowded and some horse droppings to work around but absolutely beautiful and worth the time!

Beautiful trail starting at Bryce Point. If you are not use to elevation it can be hard. Also easy to combine with Wall Street and Queen's Garden and take the shuttle back.

Lovely little hike and not as strenuous as I thought it was going to be. The trail is easy to follow and the horse poop is no big deal, easy to avoid. Recommend!

Beautiful hike and views, but I only give it 4 stars. A LOT of up and down and you're sharing much of the trail with horses and poop. On the upside, one gets a lot more close and personal with hoodoos. I prefer Fairyland loop. Views there are endlessly expansive and trail is much quieter. If you have time, do both. Each are unique. If you only have time for one, I'd choose Fairyland.

A very nice trail with a breathtaking view. Since he is also committed by horses, it has here and there "horse pile", which did not bother us at all. Highly recommended from our point of view. We left at about 9 o'clock and there were only a few other hikers.

amazing experience on horse/mule. Probably my favorite of all the hiking/backpacking we did in the Utah 5 - incredible sights

Omg this trail is AMAZING! About 3 miles. Lots of ups and down but not awful. The views were SPECTACULAR!!! My favorite trail at Bryce Canyon. We started 8:30am and we practically had the trail to ourselves! Can’t recommend enough!! So great!

What an awsome trail!! Got an early start so had the trail pretty much to ourselves. Joined from Bryce Point and took the clockwise route which was amazing with a new vista at each turn. The trail was in really good condition, so wasn't too tough under foot, and the ups & downs were manageable. Highly recommend this trail.

Beautiful views of the Hoodoos. Lots of ups and downs which can be relatively strenuous, pack snacks and water. Watch out for the horse poops, though you'll smell it before you see it. Completed in May 2019

I really loved this trail. I did both- peekaboo loop and fairyland loop and I liked the peekaboo much more than fairyland. The first 30 minutes are the most beautiful part of the trail.. until you reach the point when the “loop” starts. After you start the loop the views are still beautiful but different. (By the way it is recommend doing this trail clockwise) The hike is not hard at all it was even easy for us! We started around 2:30 PM and it wasn’t hot, it was a fun hike, finished after 3 hours, saw just 5-6 people and all the trail was quite The only thing I hated about this trail was the horses’ shit everywhere.. it was so smelly

Just hiked middle of September and it was fantastic. Took wall street down to peekaboo loop and then Navajo up to sunrise point. Definitely some elevation change but well worth it.

Well maintained trail (except for the horse droppings)! Loved seeing something new and amazing around every corner!

Beautiful hike. Walked this loop from sunset point, down wall-street and up to bryce point. Not a difficult hike. paths were very well maintained. The views along this path are awesome

Accessed the peek a boo trail through the Navajo trail. Once you get to the fork on the peeks boo trail opt for the left. If you choose the right like my partner and i did, it was mostly incline. Which made us exhausted to do the last leg of incline on the Navajo trail. Extremely beautiful but it can be a hard hike.

I loved this trail! Beautiful and diverse views of the canyon. Very good leg work out as there is a lot of going up and down throughout the trail.

Lovely manicured trail with fantastic views and lots of variety.

Loved this hike and yes around every turn - peek-a-boo - you see something new and strangely beautiful! We added on the Bryce point trail and Wall Street at the end (tough) but we would do it again in a skinny minute!

Amazing scenic views almost literally around every corner. There was a moderate amount of horse dung, but not too overbearing. Depending on your acclimation to the altitude, this trail could be considered hard even if you’re in relatively good shape. Highly recommend!