Peekaboo Loop Trail

Peekaboo Loop Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, bird watching, and horses and is best used from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,453 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: As of April 2019, the connector from Navajo to Sunset point is closed. Please check the park page for updates. The Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail begins at Bryce Point and drops quickly to the canyon floor. While some consider this a more moderate hike, due to the rapid elevation change and the length this hike is considered hard. Hikers are cautioned to be aware that this trail is shared with horses.

Lovely little hike and not as strenuous as I thought it was going to be. The trail is easy to follow and the horse poop is no big deal, easy to avoid. Recommend!

Beautiful hike and views, but I only give it 4 stars. A LOT of up and down and you're sharing much of the trail with horses and poop. On the upside, one gets a lot more close and personal with hoodoos. I prefer Fairyland loop. Views there are endlessly expansive and trail is much quieter. If you have time, do both. Each are unique. If you only have time for one, I'd choose Fairyland.

A very nice trail with a breathtaking view. Since he is also committed by horses, it has here and there "horse pile", which did not bother us at all. Highly recommended from our point of view. We left at about 9 o'clock and there were only a few other hikers.

Omg this trail is AMAZING! About 3 miles. Lots of ups and down but not awful. The views were SPECTACULAR!!! My favorite trail at Bryce Canyon. We started 8:30am and we practically had the trail to ourselves! Can’t recommend enough!! So great!

What an awsome trail!! Got an early start so had the trail pretty much to ourselves. Joined from Bryce Point and took the clockwise route which was amazing with a new vista at each turn. The trail was in really good condition, so wasn't too tough under foot, and the ups & downs were manageable. Highly recommend this trail.

Beautiful views of the Hoodoos. Lots of ups and downs which can be relatively strenuous, pack snacks and water. Watch out for the horse poops, though you'll smell it before you see it. Completed in May 2019

I really loved this trail. I did both- peekaboo loop and fairyland loop and I liked the peekaboo much more than fairyland. The first 30 minutes are the most beautiful part of the trail.. until you reach the point when the “loop” starts. After you start the loop the views are still beautiful but different. (By the way it is recommend doing this trail clockwise) The hike is not hard at all it was even easy for us! We started around 2:30 PM and it wasn’t hot, it was a fun hike, finished after 3 hours, saw just 5-6 people and all the trail was quite The only thing I hated about this trail was the horses’ shit everywhere.. it was so smelly

Just hiked middle of September and it was fantastic. Took wall street down to peekaboo loop and then Navajo up to sunrise point. Definitely some elevation change but well worth it.

Well maintained trail (except for the horse droppings)! Loved seeing something new and amazing around every corner!

Beautiful hike. Walked this loop from sunset point, down wall-street and up to bryce point. Not a difficult hike. paths were very well maintained. The views along this path are awesome

Accessed the peek a boo trail through the Navajo trail. Once you get to the fork on the peeks boo trail opt for the left. If you choose the right like my partner and i did, it was mostly incline. Which made us exhausted to do the last leg of incline on the Navajo trail. Extremely beautiful but it can be a hard hike.

I loved this trail! Beautiful and diverse views of the canyon. Very good leg work out as there is a lot of going up and down throughout the trail.

Lovely manicured trail with fantastic views and lots of variety.

Loved this hike and yes around every turn - peek-a-boo - you see something new and strangely beautiful! We added on the Bryce point trail and Wall Street at the end (tough) but we would do it again in a skinny minute!

Amazing scenic views almost literally around every corner. There was a moderate amount of horse dung, but not too overbearing. Depending on your acclimation to the altitude, this trail could be considered hard even if you’re in relatively good shape. Highly recommend!

Loved it, hot, hot, hot!

Beautiful views and a fun hike

Amazing views !! I completed the loop clockwise and took me 3 hours. I went in with salted nuts, sugars and 1.5L water and came in with an empty bag. I would recommend at least 2 L per person. Half way through the loop, there is a connection to Wallstreet. I would recommend joining wall street loop instead of doing complete loop. Start 3-4 hours before sunset at Bryce point and finish off at sunset point.

Well worth the additional mileage to dig a little deeper into the hoodoos. Easy, beautiful, alien planet. Slippery af in the rain!

Not as easy as everyone thinks. To enter without help from above and someone with a rope is a challenge in itself. Very beautiful, once you’re in, though.

we started from bryce point to the loop. really good views and starts quite easy going down. the loopnitself goes up and down. if it rains it can get really slippery and muddy and i would recommend hihg hiking boots and hiking sticks if it rains.

Every turn is another photo op! Horse poop is a part of the game. I didn’t mind the smell that bad. Apparently the restroom smell at the half way point was way worse. Maybe opt to go in the woods. Bugs weren’t too bad. Saw a deer and a bunch of squirrels/ chipmunks (not really sure what they were). I think this was my favorite loop in Bryce. Go early and beat the heat and traffic. Lots of up and down but not too strenuous. Go clockwise to go with the horse traffic and give them the right of way. Take Navajo back to Sunset point don’t waste your time with Queens Garden.

We started out at 8am and by doing so the trail was really enjoyable, enough shade and few other people

Amazing way to experience hoodoos except the smell of horse sh...t being too much sometimes. We made all the way from Bryce point and back there. Starting around 1pm in July was hot but manageable. 2 liters of water was just enough.

Great opportunity to get very close to the hoodoos and other geographic features you can see from the top of the canyon. We started around 6:30 AM in early July but still felt the heat toward the end of the hike.

We went down from Bryce, left hand turn at Peekaboo and the connector trail to Wall Street. From there we crossed the road to Sunset Campground to take the shuttle back to the car. That is why our recording is shorter in distance than the mileage listed on the main page of this trail. I would recommend doing this if you have time. I only put 4 stars because the previous day I started Fairyland and thought that was more impressive, though have to go back and finish it. Note: once you get to Peekaboo there is a restroom down there. It needed serious cleaning on July 5, 2019. And, as other reviewers said the Peekaboo part of the trail has lots of horse droppings.

Absolutely loved this trail. There’s so much to see around every corner. The most difficult part was the switchbacks at the start, which finish off whatever you have left by the end. The only complaint was the amount of horse droppings throughout the entire trail. The smell was horrid. They should definitely consider making this a walking trail only- I can’t imagine how those horses feel carrying lazy people throughout that canyon in the heat every day.

For the full Bryce experience, you MUST do this hike. It takes you to the bottom and then connects to other trails at the base. We got there just before 9am and completed the loop around Noon. Depending and the time of day and your ability level I would say it is a 50-60oz water hike. If you are reading this review, it is likely you are in “moderate” hike shape and should have no problem completing this trail. We took mom, who’s in shape, but not a hiker, and she completed it without issue.

Great trails, except there was too much horse poops. We had a good hike though,

This is a breathtaking trail. We took a lot of pictures along the way and moved slowly. It took us 4 hours to finish the whole loop. The sign where the trail split into clock wise and counter clock wise, the left arrow was faded out, so we took right turn there and traveled different direction than others. The bugs (little black mosquitos) were very scary.) go in with OFF and a mask with eye protection or something. When I took pictures, all the bugs would land on my hands. I don’t know if it only the problem in the beginning of July. For the view though, I would say totally worth it. Bring a pair of hiking stick, with sliding down hill spread with horse shit would come in handy.