Peekaboo Loop Trail

Peekaboo Loop Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

The Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail begins at Bryce Point and drops quickly to the canyon floor. Due to the rapid elevation change and the length this hike is considered strenuous and hikers are cautioned to be aware of this and the Horse/Mule Riders that you will encounter near the bottom of the trail. Please be courteous when meeting these trail rides and of others on the trail. Hikers should also carry plenty of water on this hike as well as others. There are restroom facilities near the bottom of the hike which are also shared with the trail rides. - NPS Website

Amazing hike, I really liked it. I'd say do fairytale and this loop. This is NOT a hard hike, moderate. Bryce viewpoint is great, and going down there is equally cool. Worth it!

This is a great trail. We did it because wall street was closed and I am glad we did. We discovered it was difficult and at the end although glad we went we were also very tired. Between it and Navajo loop and part of Queens garden we ended up hiking 7 miles in an afternoon and that was a lot. Bryce is amazing.

So glad we did this trail - it does not disappoint! So many changes in elevation throughout the hike which I enjoy. Gives you a chance to see the park from so many viewpoints. Bryce is pure magic and I can not recommend this trail enough!

Bryce is so breathtakingly beautiful and this trail is Bryce at its best. That said it’s strenuous and one does encounter horses and their excrement. Give yourself time and you’ll be glad you did it.

So beautiful

This is a must do! Much better than the Queens garden

Amazing views!!! Lots of changes in elevation up and down but so worth it to be in the middle of Al these hoodoos as far as the eye can see. Sections with trees as well when you're hiking on the forest bottom. Q

Beautiful !

Beautiful

Amazing hike! Beautiful!

We started at Bryce Point in a snow storm. The first mile down from here is not part of the Peek-a-Boo loop trail. The loop is approximately 3 miles with multiple inclines and declines. We had been to Bryce before, but this was our first time on this trail. It is my favorite. There is so much beauty to see and this trail keeps it interesting. There are some steep areas so I recommend Yaktraks or spikes during snow or rain. Ps bathrooms on the trail are closed during the winter

Hiked this trail as part of the Figure 8 trail (7-mile) in the Park brochure. We hiked in March so there was still plenty of ice and snow on the ground in the morning so micro-spikes were very useful entering the trail as part of the figure 8 this is a moderate. We generally hike about 2.5-miles per hour but the scenery on this trail will slow you up for the photos. Also, we encountered far fewer people on this part of the loop (figure 8).

This trail is a good one to have on your bucket list. The trail descends into the canyon among the curious Hoodoo's. The descent and return ascent are strenuous, and it is a good idea to bring water. We did this hike in early spring when parts of the trail were covered with snow which was stunning in contrast to the deep reds of the hoodoos and canyon walls, the dark green of the evergreen trees and the bright crisp blue sky. The time of year we did this hike the trail seemed to be ours alone.

Beautiful. Got a bit confused at times and had to double check to make sure I was still on the loop. About an inch of snow in the canyon in February, wear waterproof boots if you’ve got them.

Beautiful views around every turn. Challenging in June sun, but cooler than lower elevation.

Beautiful hike, especially combined with queens garden/Navajo Loop to make a 6 mike figure-8. Yak-traks were helpful for segments that were snow covered.

I chose this trail on the recommendation of a ranger (she said it was her favorite) after indicating I only had time for a 4-6 mi hike. I returned to Bryce in Jan in the hopes of seeing this marvel topped in snow. Unfortunately, I was 24 hours too early. Nevertheless, I was rewarded with the trail all to myself (I didn't see ONE person!) and air filled with floating snowflakes that didn't stick, but still created a winter wonderland effect. If you're not going up on this trail, you're going down. And if you're not rounding right, you're rounding left. Up, left, down, right, down, left... the entire time. This trail is a fantastic example of Bryce and its pillar hoodoos with fun portals that give the trail its namesake.

Not quite sure why this is considered a hard trail. Maybe it's tougher in the summer months because of the heat...? We did this one on Christmas morning; traction devices not needed but were nice to have as we hiked down from Bryce Point. We really wanted to like this hike but it just kind of fell short for us. There are some spots where the scenery is spectacular (especially when you're in and around the hoo-doo's) but there are spots where it's just kind of ordinary. If we had to choose again both my wife and I would choose Fairyland loop over this one.

Lovely views. Prefer the scenery of Queen’s Garden/Navajo, but this is still a great hike if you have the time. Went in late December, no snow yet so crampons weren’t necessary. You can always buy them at the Visitor’s Center

descending from Bryce Point and then leaving the same way is truly the HARD way to see the Peek-A-Boo loop - you're really better served by parking at Sunset, descending Navajo or Wall street, walking the loop in the clockwise direction, then exiting by Navajo - OR, BETTER YET, taking the shuttle (in season) to Bryce Point, walking down to Peek-A-Boo, then walking the west (more scenic) half of the Peek-A-Boo Loop past the Wall Of Windows, and exiting via Queens Garden to Sunrise (this gives you a quick, scenic downhill into the amphitheater, you get to see the more scenic half of Peek-A-Boo, then it's an easy out via Queens Garden on the lower side of the amphitheater to the General Store where there are snacks, then take the shuttle back to your vehicle)

My favorite hike in Bryce when combined with the Navajo/Queen's Garden loop! I was surprised at the difficulty of this loop due to all the ups and downs, you definitely work for the views, but being amongst all those hoodoos is absolutely spectacular. There are hundreds of spots for pictures, and you get away from the crowds doing the Peekaboo Loop, a nice change from the other loops. You will feel like you are on the set of Star Wars at times. Highly recommend it but bring plenty of water and allow more time than you'd expect.

Great hike when combined with Queens Garden, Wall Street and Rim trails. This makes for the nicest day hike in a stunningly beautiful park. Bring traction devices in late fall, winter and early Spring.

Challenging, but worth it. Lots of elevation gains/losses, but AMAZING vistas to be seen. Wear good hikers and take plenty of water!

Nous avons tellement aimé Bryce Canyon que nous sommes resté un jour de plus pour faire cette randonnée. Sublime comme les autres!

Very picturesque. Views are great. Moderate climb although there are some good steep parts. A guy told me it would be 55-65 degrees on desert floor. He lied. Wind was 20 mph and temp was 37 when I got there at 10:30. I used socks as gloves and shirt as headdress for warmth. But it was great hike. My Apple Heath app said I did 6.6 miles and 144 floors. No bad.

great trails, spectacular views.

Beautiful views and great inclines! Bring plenty of water.

gorgeous hike the entire way. never seen anything like it. not too crowded especially once you get past the viewpoint at the beginning of the trail.

Did this along with navajo loop trail. You might get lucky to see some deers along the way as we did. Moderate stretch of ascent and descents. Great workout and a rewarding majestic views at the peaks... Yes there are quite a few of high points. Don't forget lots of water and your camera. Please don't leave your trash behind and pick up your own mess

Did this on the advice of the on-duty ranger in lieu of a planned overnight in BCNP backcountry. Combined the first part of it with the inward bound part of Navajo Loop; at the end of the day this was a welcome relief to the heat. Terrific scenery and vistas of the hoodoos. The trails were virtually empty until we reached the midpoint of the Navajo Loop and even then there were not nearly as many as you'd expect based on the traffic in the parking lots. Definitely a "if you have only a few hours" hike!