Peekaboo Loop Trail

Peekaboo Loop Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bryce Canyon City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

The Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail begins at Bryce Point and drops quickly to the canyon floor. Due to the rapid elevation change and the length this hike is considered strenuous and hikers are cautioned to be aware of this and the Horse/Mule Riders that you will encounter near the bottom of the trail. Please be courteous when meeting these trail rides and of others on the trail. Hikers should also carry plenty of water on this hike as well as others. There are restroom facilities near the bottom of the hike which are also shared with the trail rides. - NPS Website

outstanding , awe struck around every turn. worked it still some snow when we went but amazing and enjoyable. glad I did it in spring time
... great and in my top 3 hikes for sure

Did this hike in early/mid March. Started on the Navajo loop then linked up with peekaboo, heading back out Navajo.

There was a ton of mud and some ice on Navajo and Peekaboo was almost entirely snowpack, but we hiked in light layers and had lots of sun and were plenty warm. Recommend hiking poles for the snow, and if it's fresh ice you'll want crampons for the Navajo section. We hiked in mid length boots with waterproofing and were warm and dry. Path was hiked enough that we were on top of, rather than in, the snow.

The temps were cool so 2.5L of water was more than enough. I believe we finished the loop in about 3 hours. If you're fit this is a moderate hike; significant snow or ice could make it harder. With cool temps and no snow I'd call it easy for anyone that's in decent shape.

Awesome trail!

Absolutely great hike. A great length if you want something shorter than Fairyland Loop. At this time of the year it's extremely snowy and VERY SLIPPERY. I did it in my 5 year old nikes but I highly recommend boots with a lot of traction. Other than the snow, it is a very moderate and beautiful hike that takes you right against the hoodoos and canyon wall with a lot of ups and downs.

Great views. A snow storm hit the previous day and left a few inches of snow. Hiked with crampons, but with the snow and ice, I would rate this as a hard hike.

The views were absolutely stunning. Currently, the path (from Bryce Point) is laden with quite a bit of snow (about 2 feet). I would recommend snowshoes during the winter seasons. My girlfriend and I did not have snowshoes but we did have YakTraks to slip on our hiking boots which helped give some traction. The deep snow definitely made this more hard than moderate, but in the summertime I can definitely see this being a moderate hike.

Hiked this trail 3 days ago with my husband. We are new to hiking, but relatively in shape. It was a challenging hike with the many turns and changes in elevation, added challenge was the steep snow. But the views and experience were well worth it. Many beautiful stops to take rest and enjoy the scenery.

I accessed this trail from the Queen's Garden and hiked clockwise to avoid trail horse groups. I hiked it in late July and it took me forever! Partly because I wasn't used to the heat and elevation, but also because I had to stop every 10ft to admire my surroundings. My favorite part was the Windows. They were amazing! So bring lots of water and sunscreen, there's no shade, and be ready to take lots of pictures!

This is a great loop and you can hike it two different ways. Bryce Point the usual way was closed so that wasn't an option. You can also access the trail from the Navajo or Queen's garden trail. We added this to the Navajo and Queen's Garden loop trail because we had all morning and it was worth it. Lot's of snow packed trail so chains and trekking poles make it much easier. They are not required but they do make the hike much easier when there is this much snow. The deep snow that we experienced shouldn't last that much longer unless it snows again

This trail gives some great views of Bryce Canyon, both small and vast. It was a little monotonous at the end, but the views on the way to and at the top were definitely worth it. Not as good as Queens Garden or Fairyland, but worth doing if you have time.

Busy in summer but still a must do!! bring plenty of water and good hiking shoes to handle loose rocks.

An absolute must see in the winter! The snow, the red rock, the pines! Simply stunning! The hike is challenging, but truly moderate. It's a pleasant hike surrounded by eye candy!