Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Peekaboo Loop Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and horses and is best used from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,453 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: As of January 2020, weather conditions may close Bryce Point. Please check with the park before visiting. The Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail begins at Bryce Point and drops quickly to the canyon floor. While some consider this a more moderate hike, due to the rapid elevation change and the length this hike is considered hard. Hikers are cautioned to be aware that this trail is shared with horses.

Shorter than the fairyland loop with the same amount of elevation change. Another great hike to see a variety of formations in Bryce.

"Moderate" trail as in there are no rock scrambles, nothing to climb, no obstacles to go around. But it is strenuous. Take a lot of water, do in the morning or evening-it will be hot in the afternoon. There is one vault toilet in the middle of the hike-no t.p. and smelly, but welcome sight when needed! Stunning views! Heard from other hikers to go in from the Navajo Trail to avoid the mile long switchback at the beginning and end. We took the hard way. Some Verizon coverage in certain areas.

Duh, hike it. Don’t question it.

Amazing views during the entire hike!

Just completed this trail today. It’s gorgeous..if you don’t like heights it gets a little spooky. Great trail... pretty wide. Lots of switchbacks, do early because it gets pretty warm in the sun. As advised by one of the junior rangers we took the horse trail. I would say this is more moderate/hard due to the steep switchbacks.

Loved this one! Went during pandemic so this was one of few trails open but was really great. Saw about 30 people throughout the entire 5 mile hike and the weather was a windy 60F which was nice since it was sunny the whole time.

“Must Do”if you are interested in beautiful scenery and have lots of storage for photos!!! Comparing to: Grand Canyon hike to Phantom Ranch: easier and prettier Half Dome in Yosemite: ditto Disney world: pffft PlayStation/Xbox: double pfft Our family of 4, kids 13 &12, loved the entire hike we took on May 17, 2020. We saw several families with 5-8 year old kids. Total hike for us was 3hrs. Nearby Ruby’s In. grocery store & restaurant is a great place to get all the supplies you may need. Plenty of shady spots to take a break. No water sources on the trail but there is 1 restroom. Visitors Center staff were very helpful and inspired us to do more than just the overlooks. Study their geologic maps/guides so you know what you are looking at: -Red rocks are from iron in the soil -Hoodoos are from erosion not rising from the subsurface -Etc We started at Bryce Point which can park about 20 cars so try to come early unless you want to use the shuttle. This 5.5 mile trail is best described in thirds: Downhill the first third Up & down middle third Uphill last third EVERY twist and turn is like changing channels on your TV and you will stop to take a photo. Recommend your kids favorite candy so every uphill switchback they get a Skittle or Hershey Kiss to take their mind off the incline. We gave our kids the phones so they could take all the pictures they wanted and.....256 photos later....we had a great time recovering while saving our favorite photos! I predict July and August would be very hot and exposed after 10am so start early in the summer. I hope you enjoy this incredible hike as much as we did! All Trails App is incredible and I highly recommend the Pro version! Let me know if I can help you plan as great of a trip our family had today, Damon Kinton damonkinton@yahoo.com 321-230-0109

loved this!!! watch your step, I fell a few times.

Incredible trail! We hiked into the park from the Tropic entrance. Views around every turn. So many angles to view the formations. One of my all-time favorite hikes!

It’s OPENED!!! One of the most scenic hikes I’ve ever been.

Open! Gorgeous views and a good challenging hike

Been waiting for years to hike this trail in the snow and finally had the opportunity to do so last month. Being at the bottom of the canyon looking up at the formations covered in snow was such a great experience. Glad to finally experience it.

icy

Great trail! This one is one of the first for the season! :) a little harder than anticipated but still a great and fun hike!!! stopped a few times to get a good picture and getting a snack!

icy

Beautiful way to get down into the actual canyon. The trail right from the start is muddy and icy. I would suggest taking the loop counter clockwise to take advantage of the nice benches and to save energy for the climb back out. Hiked in a t-shirt and shorts and was hot the majority of the hike. I would bring a light jacket to wear for when you stop.

icy

Quite a bit of mud and snow at the beginning from Bryce Point; I wouldn’t recommend going without poles. I started at 10 and the snow was still pretty frozen and easy to walk on, but coming back up around 12:30 it was starting to melt and was definitely a slog the last mile or so, so I’d recommend an earlier start. Beautiful hike!

Great view. Somewhat muddy and icy in the upper parts.

Was just able to do the first mile in and back but a stunning way to more intimately see the amphitheater. Went just after sunrise and got some stunning photos. Trail was completely covered in snow but as long as you have reasonable traction on your shoes you’d be fine.

icy

Definitely in my top 3 hikes of all time. It’s challenging as you have to hike down from the rim then do a loop and hike back up. Lots of elevation change but well worth it. One of the more exhausting hikes I’ve done but the views are remarkable! 10 out of 10 recommend if you are in shape.