Patsy's Mine Trail

Patsy's Mine Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Farmington, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Went with the scouts. Fun trail. Pretty good ascent for the whole time. Cave is cool. Nice place for kids to play in for a second.

Easy hike with an awesome mine to go into. Very fun for the kids.

This was a good hike. The cave is awesome to see.

Pretty awesome place. I remains safe and respected for people to see.

We hiked this today (4-22-2018). I’m not sure where they get that this hike is 2.6 miles but it’s 2 miles round trip. The map is wrong. We hiked to Flag Rock which well past Patsy’s Mine. It is a good hike but the app needs to be fixed to show the actual distances.

The mine is cool and worth the hike. I wouldn't take my children past the mine to the flag. I recommend going up farmington canyon to get to the dirt road then hike from there.

Fun trail, we took our almost 4 yr old and 18 month old. Pretty steep sections, but worth the hike!

Great little day hike with family. Hiked this with my five year old. We hit the mine first and then continued up to the flag pole. The road to get you close to mine is easy if you have moderate ground clearance.

Loved this hike, I would recommend starting at the firebreak road. If you start at the firebreak road it will save you a ton of time and energy.

we just got done hiking this trail. Access to the fire road was blocked due to construction, it appears new houses are going in. The hike from the road up to the fire road was very steep. It was still a good hike. You are out in the sun most if the time, so take lots of water! We took our 12 and 8 year olds with us and they did just fine. The 8 year old usually complains, but she was a trooper the whole way.

fairly easy trail there is construction so the trail head is a little wonky to get to

Fun hike. The kids loved the mine. It was a bit wet inside the mine.

Trail is pretty steep in some parts but the mine is definitely worth it!

We hiked up the north end and hiked down the south end. The north end was a bit shadier and had more variety than the simple switchbacks on the south end. I had myself and husband and 4 kids ages 9, 7, 3, 2. The two littles had to be carried most of the way and got tired. The older too were a little tired but did fine with breaks. some parts are kind of steep (maybe it just felt steep whilst carrying a child). The mine was fantastic. Nice and cool after being in the hot sun. We brought head lamps and inflatable solar balls which worked perfect. Our cell phones were definitely not bright enough. Mine had water in many places when we went so watch your step, some a ankle deep puddles. All in all kids loved it-the mine made it worth the heat and whining. The view was pretty amazing too.

We did this in the afternoon--not enough shade for an afternoon hike. We enjoyed the mine and the view from Flag Rock.

Nice hike. Steeper at the beginning and end. A nice bench waits for you at the half-way point. Bring flashlights or headlamps for the mine... you phone will not be bright enough. Bring water for each person and a snack, especially with kids.

We parked on the fire road. You'll need an SUV or Truck to get there. The signs say the gate is closed, but I never saw that. When you turn onto the fire road, the trailhead is 1.4 miles from there, with places to park.

Kids loved it!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Not well marked to get to the trail head but once you're on it it is amazing! took 5 and 6 year olds and they rocked it out to Flag Rock!

Friday, May 05, 2017

Went up the 100% exposed South trail. (Didn't know there was a north and south trail, as if it's 1863) then I found the north, much easier and shadier trail and came down that one. The southern trail has more switch backs. Both trail heads are marked but easy to miss. Went up at 11:30, got to Flag Rock at 1:00 ( slow, I took a few rest breaks going up). Amazing view when you get to the flag. Got back down to the parking lot at 2. So that's some indication of how this trail is like. Take it or leave it. Good times!

Friday, February 17, 2017

We found rabbits and not so amusing rattle snakes, watch where you step. The mine it self was cool.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

The cave at the end makes the hike worth it!!

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Patsy's mine trail is accessible from the Shoreline Trail, and it is great for kids and dogs, at the end of the trail you will find a 200+ feet long cave that is also accessible, so make sure you bring some flashlights to get into the cave, and if you want it's advisable to have a spotter outside the cave while there is people inside the cave, for those you who would like to get into the cave. The trail is accessible all year round and there is no cost to get into the cave. You can also continue up the mountain to the Flag Rock, which has a United States Flag mounted on a flagpole and you can enjoy the view while you sit in a wood bench that was built there for you to enjoy the view and sunsets.