Parrish Creek Pictographs Trail

Parrish Creek Pictographs Trail is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Centerville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

This is an easy hike in the Parrish Canyon area and is well worth it. Cross over the red bridge and then onto the waterfall before looping up to the rock art. Requires careful foot work, so while this hike is not for very young children unless you can keep a close eye on them. The cool petroglyphs and the small waterfall make this a great hike. Please do not touch the petroglyphs as this causes them to fade.

Even with purchasing this app we got on the wrong trail. Super frustrating that nothing is marked. Also your description says loop, but if you do the loop you will miss the small waterfalls and petroglyphs.. you have to cross the bridge and head up the mountain.. very steep and slippery, but petroglyphs made it all worth while. Surprised they aren’t protected...

Not well marked
We climbed for almost an hour and followed a few different sets of directions and we're disappointed to still never find the site, but it was a beautiful hike nonetheless.

Easy hike along the creek. A couple of small waterfalls and the pictographs are cool. Some areas are steep and to get to the pictographs is a little bit of climbing over rocks. Walking down back to the parking area was a little tough cause of sliding on the trail but still an easy hike.

Nice moderate hike as described

Nice hike along a waterfall, be careful it’s easy to fall in! Wish there were more pictographs.

I might say this is easy but there are enough steep and narrow sections to say moderate. Is short so it doesn't take much but wouldn't be easy for little kids. I am always amazed anytime I am in the presence of pictographs.

This was a fun little hike. The app took me to the wrong starting place though. I looked at the map and found the real starting spot over 2 streets. This is a nice quick hike that is great for an afternoon hike. Once you get in the canyon, is pretty shaded. I will do this hike again. My 4 year old liked the Petroglyphs!

Please, don't touch the petroglyphs. DO NOT TOUCH THE PETROGLYPHS. They have faded tremendously since i was last up there they are irreplaceable and spectacular. Thank You,

Hike with my kids a few times a week and they do pretty well on most moderate hikes. They are ages 6,4 and 1(rides in the pack). We tried this hike due to the kid friendly review we found on all trails. I did not find it kid friendly whatsoever. Trail is narrow, slick and we almost lost a few kids in the river. Fine for adults, but I wouldn't do it again.

The trail isn't well marked. Another hiker guided us at the start. Much of the trail is full sun. Take PLENTY of water. We saw lots of lizards and a snake. The waterfall is pretty and shaded, but the trail is super narrow and steep. Kids could easily slide off, and it would be a rocky, dangerous fall. I took my teen. So glad I didn't bring my 4-year-old. Once was enough for this hike. We've enjoyed other hikes more. We never did see the petroglyphs. Maybe they were at the very top? We were afraid of sliding off the trail, so we stopped. Maybe there's another trail? Our trail was on the north side of the falls, and we were probably 3/4 of the way to the top.

Requires so careful foot work, but the petroglyphs are way cool at the end!!! The waterfall is gorgeous

Monday, June 12, 2017

Went with all the kids and a newbie hiker. Scared the newbie with the fast water. Good to do with other adults if bringing kids. Cool petroglyphs and fun scramble at the end!

Thursday, June 01, 2017

fun hike, went wrong way first. Snake, fox and squirls on this hike.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Trail was beautiful! Pretty flowers and waterfalls. Water level was high though, so if you want to see the Petroglyphs up close you will get wet.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Took the wrong trail. Ended up on the top of the mountain instead of seeing a waterfall. It was a little steep but overall a nice hike.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

This is a fun and scenic trail with a big payoff at the end. Also not very busy, which I like!

It branches off from the Shoreline Trail in Davis county, so there's a couple different ways into the canyon. I usually drive all the way up Parrish Lane and park in a small dirt lot close to the reservoir. From the lot you can reach this trail by heading directly up the hill above parking (choosing left forks as you continue, which will get you in the canyon), or go north on Shoreline Trail (also following it into the canyon). You'll begin loosely following Parrish Creek, eventually reaching a red bridge that connects trails on either side of the canyon. There's a small trail connecting to the north side of the bridge that continues deeper into the canyon (shown in picture). This closely follows the creek, gets very narrow in spots but is overall easy to follow. You'll eventually reach a rock scramble—easy to do if you take the right side—and on top are the Petroglyphs, marked with a sign.

The trial continues further past the Petroglyphs, but does get increasingly difficult and dangerous as you go (slippery rocks, multiple creek bed crossings, rock scrambles required) but is an awesome trail if you want to explore further.

Sunday, May 21, 2017