New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Parley's Historic Nature Park Trail Loop

Parley's Historic Nature Park Trail Loop is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 259 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

This 2 mile loop is part of a larger Parley's Trail through Salt Lake City. This section of the trail walks throughout an off-leash dog park.

icy

Beautiful area to walk with our dog but the current conditions are not very good. The trail starts off going down a hill which was covered in ice. Parts of the trail that were not iced over were muddy. Other than the conditions it’s a great off leash dog trail.

This trail is amazing for an off leash walk with your pooch. Beautiful scenery and plenty of friends to play with.

If you have a dog that becomes very scared when random off-leash dogs approach him/her, probably want to avoid this trail. Sadly, we were unaware of just how many off-leash dogs use this trail and had to turn around almost immediately because of this.

Allot of unleashed dogs. Good for jogging and walking. Scenery is ok , deeper into the trail, more beautiful scenery.

Didn’t know the name of the trail until we were almost done. Recorded what I could, will have to come again. Many many dogs on the hike. Kind of muddy because of all the rain earlier today, but still manageable. Beautiful views of the trees and mountains. Feels like you’re out of the city.

Dog poop smell is unbearable. Would be nice if people picked up after their dogs and controlled their dogs as no one is required to be slobbered all over. I love dogs and have had lots and was always making sure they don’t bother anyone out of courtesy.

this is all about that the dogs. it is an epic, huge dog park. our dogs were in heaven and loved it. there is a cool water spot with tons of trees. not really a "hike" but a fun adventure for the pups. so cool

I do this hike with the dogs all the time!! There are so many dogs there for the pups to play with! It’s super nice right now because the river is flowing nicely for the dogs to be safe while swimming around. But BRING BUG SPRAY!

My daughters and I loved it nor mention our dog which had a wonderful time running and playing with other dogs.

Took 2 year old twins on this today. Very nice trail, boys did great. There are quite a few dogs, which isn't a problem, long as everyone cleans up after them, and there's always a few that don't.

The smell of canine feces is thick and varied. Musky. I'm sure all the dogs appreciate this. My wife and I did not bring a canine capable of contributing to the redolent tapestry that permeated the air, so we just pretended to be looking for our lost pup to avoid any sidelong glances from passersby. "Come here, Winnie!" we'd whistle on occasion, pretending to scour the local brush for our elusive Corgi. Eventually we had our fill of sidestepping landmines and canine-walking humans circling each other yapping about breeds and ages, so we looped back and split. I did take a picture of the sign mentioning dog diarrhea because I had never seen a sign need to mention diarrhea before, dog or otherwise. The history with the Dudler family was interesting. 10/10 would recommend for dog owners, though would not recommend for people seeking a breath of fresh air on a nature trail.

If you’re looking to get out with your dog in SLC then this is a great spot. Not much to offer other than dog friendly though.

EMI Health 2019

great place! mice trail with elevation gains. paved and rock surface. Dog park in the middle. Our dog is older and wasn't in the mood to play so we left. We could see why it is popular!

my family loved it, and my little dog enjoyed it as well

Nice trail lots of dogs though. And people? For the love of all things when you bag your dogs poop can you please put it in the trash and not toss the bag out into nature? What was the point of bagging it if you’re going to do that?

The directions led me to the park's parking and not necessarily the trailhead parking. I had a bit of challenge finding the trailhead, otherwise it was a great walk with my dog. There are a ton of off leash dogs so I wouldn't recommend this for those who want to have a peaceful and romantic walk. I will definitely come back when it's greener cause my husky loved it!

Great trail if you have dogs, if you don’t it might be a hassle. Lots of friends and fun for them in the off-leash area.

Love this trail with our dog. Any given weekend, there are about 30-40 dogs here at once. It’s not too terribly difficult but in the winter it definitely isn’t the easiest/ cleanest (dogs pee and snow melts) without snow spikes on your shoes. I feel they should have more waste bins on the trail for the lazier owners that don’t seem to want to carry the baggies back up the trail

This is a dog park—there are dog feces everywhere, dogs are off leash and the trail smells like urine. We were visiting from out of town and we were unfortunate enough to stop here to stretch our legs. There is an electric transformer station in the middle of the park and you can see and hear the highway throughout the trail.

Nice area for dogs and there are many. Can be quite crowded.

Tue Nov 20 2018

Easy, short, loop with plenty of brush and trees for the dogs to sniff. Very busy so the pups will have plenty of friends to play with. Dog waste stations throughout.

Wed Oct 31 2018

Definitely a favorite for my pup. She loves to swim at the pond/lake area at the end. One of my favorite places to explore!

Wed Oct 17 2018

My husband and I and Scout dog completed this hike on October 13. The trailhead is easy to find, but I with the trail was better marked because there are some places to turn off. We used to app to double-check where we were several times. The trail was pleasant, part pavement part dirt, with some undulating hills. Part of the trail is an off-leash dog area, and we enjoyed seeing all the doggos enjoying their Saturday morning. There's also a stream for them to play in. Another warning.... THERE IS POISON OAK ON THIS TRAIL. My husband and I took a little detour to check out an old bridge. On this side trail, I also peed, and chose the *WRONG* leaves to wipe with. Multiple sleepless nights and trips to urgent care later... I am writing this as a warning so nobody makes the same dumb mistake I did!

Sat Sep 08 2018

Nice hike.

Sat Sep 08 2018

Decent path. Not exactly a trail, I wanted to run but it became more of a light jog/ Walk. I brought my dog though and she loved it! There were so many dogs on the path just hanging out with their owners. Great area to take your dog on a walk and or take a walk with someone.

Fri Sep 07 2018

Easy morning hike. Half the trail is an off leash dog area that is unpaved and the other half is paved for walking and bikes.