Neffs Canyon Trail

Neffs Canyon Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Head east toward Mill Creek Canyon on 3800 South Wasatch Blvd. At the first stop sign (Parkview Dr., 3700 East) turn right and go 1.1 miles to Parkview Terrace (4175 East 4245 South). Turn left and continue to White Way (4275 South 4260 East), turn right heading generally eastward and uphill to the end of the road. The trailhead is marked and the trail begins as a rocky jeep road. The drive takes you through a residential area. Please be courteous of others and their property. No parking after 10:00 PM.

Good Hike. Lot of fun peaks to climb. The cave is cool if you can find it. Lots of deep snow in that area though

great trail if you go left and straight up there is a stream and a rope you can swing on

Was up there sledding two weekends ago with zipfy. Two days in a row, beautiful snow lots of families with little kids, However, there are too many loose dogs on the trail. The person I was sledding with got chased by a two different dogs off leash while heading down the trail. There should be marked signs or dogs need to be kept on a leash.The first dog nearly ran from its owner into the parking lot (someboday caught it before it lept over the cliff) and the second dog bit the person I was with through his park and all the owner did was ask the dog to apologize to my friend....luckily no puncture wound but a nasty bruise that is just healing three weeks later. I love dogs too but signage and strict rules about having a leash on. The owners were lucky their dog did not bite a child -the scenario would have been not in their favor.

Pretty slick this time of year, so be careful. But it's absolutely gorgeous! Lots of diverse scenery: pines, snow, clearings and rocks, aspen groves, even a little stream from the spring runoff.

I don't think I agree with the "hard" rating. It's not too steep and the trails are clear throughout

It's a great workout, and the snowy tree cover is beautiful right now!

Great place to hike year round! This podcast sums it up pretty well: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/snowshoeing-snow-friendly/id1142336821?i=1000379208229&mt=2

There's better trails with better sites to see.

To be honest I was not a big fan of this hike. The trail was difficult to follow and was super overgrown in places. There were a lot of little side trails so it was hard to ever really know if you were going the "right" way. I decided to turn back after getting turned around a few times because I didn't want to get too lost. I may have been a little more apt to keep at it if I hadn't been by myself.

We went in the winter, when there was a lot of snow on the ground...not a good idea. We couldn't get very far as it was too slippery.

The steepest is legit. but awesome hike, great foliage. we were up in 2:20 and down in 1:20.

Trail is VERY overgrown. The map on here doesn't take you to an overlook, you have to keep going up a pretty steep face to get to where you can see anything, and even then it's not a clear view.