My brother and I did this route and continued on through Buckskin to the end of Buckskin many years ago at the very end of May. Getting down to where the canyon turns very narrow, and thus provides cool shade, was very hot at that time of year. But from then on you are crossing a tiny water way (at that time of year), and sometime deeper pools once you enter Buckskin. We took 3 days - not a death march, like so many people seem to go for. Slow down and notice the details. We found some wider spots in Buckskin to camp in, and the bats that came out at sunset were wonderful. If you can safely leave a bicycle at one end these days, it is not too long of a bike to get back to the beginning where you left your vehicle. The end of May, beginning of June is a good time, as you don't get cold in the water (I'm short and a few times it came up to my thighs), and this is the driest (as in rain) time of the year for the area. You don't want to know what a flash flood in a slot canyon is like, and you probably wouldn't live to put it on Facebook anyway.