Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Owen's Loop is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Saint George, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Owen's Loop really isn't a loop until you get to the end and the trail makes a very small loop around and back to the trail you came in on. Owens Loop Trail roughly follows the urban edge of St. Georges northwestern downtown residential area from on top of red sandstone bluffs. From the vantage point of the trail, great views of downtown St. George as well as the surrounding area to the south, all the way to the Hurricane Cliffs, can be seen. An added bonus is the red rock formations that make up the trail; nothing spectacular, but lots of slick rock and rock outcrops. The first part of the trail is well-tread, but pay attention, as the route across the slickrock can be hard to follow.

Fun hike with some great views.

Great hike in the city St. George. Trail head is just a few blocks from downtown. Amazing views of the city and surrounding area. Can be completed in a couple hours, not too strenuous.

Of the trails in the St George city limits, this has become my favorite family friendly trail. From start to finish it has either stunning views from the tops of tall red cliffs or interesting rock formations along the trail. It took us less than 2 hours and we were taking our time. The only downside is that there are a few parts that aren’t marked to well so make sure you pay attention to where you are going.

Fun trail in the brisk morning.

Beautiful red rock, but you’re also in view and hearing of a major road almost the whole hike.

I wanted to use this hike as a running path but ended up finding it to be more of a walking trail. I’m sure others who are more skilled than me could have treated it as a running trail but I enjoyed the views and the simplicity of it. Great St. George views!

I enjoyed this hike. It is really exposed so it’s hot...make sure you bring lots of water.

Great morning hike. Beautiful views & close to home

We loved it!

Nice hike for a view of the city below. Only saw 3 other people on the entire trail. Perhaps it was because we went at the hottest part of the day. (Not the smartest idea.) Easy hike along the rim.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Went for my morning run before sunrise. Did the first part with the headlamp. Nice overlook on the sleeping city.Easy trail. I did park at pioneer hills headtrail, crossed the road and joined this trail at the middle, did the loop and came back to the trail start, then came back to the parking along the red hills pkwy and run on the other side on pioneer hill trail, which is a dirt road with very nice views too. Could not run the whole trail and got lost once or twice. But google map helped me find my way back

Sunday, November 26, 2017

This was a great trail for my dog. Only passed one group of hikers and the temperature was perfect at 8am. The beauty exceeded my expectations.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Absolutely loved this trail. Gorgeous views of the St George area. Would definitely recommend this to others.

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Fun trail. Great hike for a family or date.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Ran this in the dark under a full moon. Fairly easy to navigate, with several signs along the way. Pretty views of the city, terrain not too bad. Still managed to get lost once.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

This trail is mostly sandstone rock but smooth and safe. Horses are permitted and the views are a treasure.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Great hiking trail but not a great bike ride. There are portions of it that you will need to carry the bike at the beginning. It you don't want to hit those sections you can access the trail a little further north where it hits the City Creek trail but bring lots of extra tubes, there are lots of goat head stickers on that section.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Starting at park adds a nice touch to this really nice trail.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Very exposed and at times it was hard to find the trail since you are walking on top of boulders and such. It was so awesome though. I would totally do this one again.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

I loved it! This trail is really good for a run and along the way you will see great views and plenty of wildlife.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Great hike to look over St George. Do early to avoid the heat.

Friday, April 14, 2017

We hiked at sunset.. we took the road down to the trail head which didn't have a parking lot ... we noticed city creek trailhead on our way down.. we took it on the way back to make our hike slightly longer. It was fun except for 29mph wind blowing. Only a few boys out hiking tonight.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Nice stroll, great view of the golf course

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Short trail along the cliffs to the north of Saint George, UT that overlooks the town and also looks off at the mid-point, toward Ivins and Santa Clara, UT. Enjoyed the hike and met several families with young children. The trail is not technically difficult (class 2) and is mostly sand and rock.

Friday, March 03, 2017

loved this hike! I brought my 13 year old boy with me too, he usually doesn't like hiking. but he loved this one! walking along the ridge as you go and seeing the pretty views of the city were the fav's.

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Fun hike close to town with beautiful views of the city and surrounding area. Well worth the time and effort ... give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Good little hike with great views.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Great views of the city. As some others have said, the trail is a little hard to follow in some spots.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Such a pretty little hike and such beautiful views of St George at the end of the hike!

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Very nice and kid friendly.