Orson Smith Park to Draper Suspension Bridge Loop

Orson Smith Park to Draper Suspension Bridge Loop is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Draper, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 439 feet Route Type: Loop

The easiest hike to the Bear Canyon Suspension Bridge in Draper is from Orson Smith Park. Path is well maintained, and there are frequent bicycles on the upper trail. A short hike past the hike the suspension bridge is the old pine bridge. Worth the bit extra to see.

Nice hike with 10 year old son and 13 year old daughter, they loved it especially the bridge

Did this hike with all of my kids. it was hot and a little steep but they loved it. the bridge is really cool! bring lots of water.

Great short run with steep uphill and down hill turns. The bridge is impressive.

east trail, do this one to reminisce the su nest from a suspension bridge.

I thought my 4 year-old hiking buddy would like this trail. Not so much! But he did love the bridge and became a trail runner on the way down, so I'm calling it a win. The sky was overcast today so it was a perfect day for a hike like this.

This is a great short hike for the family. Not tons of shade though.

Very busy trail. Arrived Saturday 7:00am half the parking lot was full. Left at 7:55am there was a line of cars waiting for parking spots.

The bridge was very cool and worth the hike to see it once. I don’t think I would love to do it again. It’s hot and dry. Bring tons of water.

Wonderful evening hike the views were amazing. The bridge was worth the hike. Very dry out but spectacular.

Very nice hike, it is true that it is adaptable even for small children. The only thing that scared me a little in thinking we were going to be seen by a cougar. There is a warning sign about wild animals that you can find. I don't think it's the best hike to take my girls back.

Very nice trail. Probably closer to moderate than easy. I’m from north Georgia and this trail was lacking red Georgia clay..,

This was a welcomed easy trail after doing hard ones last week

Nice trail close to Sandy. I think the steep sections warrant a moderate rating, not easy. But worth it! The bridge is fun to play on & offers a great view for the amount of work to get there. Definitely suggest hiking in the morning. The entire trail is in the sun by late morning.

Beautiful views but rating this trail as easy I think is misleading! Easy to me says that beginning hikers could do it without struggling too much. Even going clockwise as recommended I thought it was pretty steep. The bridge and views are awesome though! My dog had a fantastic time!

Easy. And dog friendly. Shade on 60% of it until around 9am.

Easy hike. Challenging for my 9 year old, but he loved it.

From Orson Smith Park in Draper UT hiked Bear Creek Suspension Bridge loop with Eagar grandkids James, Lina, Henrie, and Calvin. overcast and warm with light sprinkles but perfect walking weather. Lina collected wildflowers and we had a great time at the bridge.

I just did this hike today, it's perfect! We veered to the left and the hike was so nice! It's a very gradual incline and the trail is wide. The bridge is kind of scary, but a fun adventure. I took my 10 year old toy poodle, it is very dog friendly.

Me, my husband, and 1.5 year old loves this! Only saw one gardener snake, so that’s good! We went between 10 am and 11:30 am in early July and it wasn’t too hot. Would recommend!

Fun hike to the suspension bridge! A fun view!

Very fun trail and the bridge is awesome. Took my two kids (6 and 3) and they both did great. The incline is gradual and not difficult. Mostly shaded when we went earlier in the morning, but wouldn't be mid day or in the afternoon. Wasn't the 2.3 miles I was expecting, my GPS tracker said 1.86 miles.

Quick hike if you are looking to get something in under an hour or just want a leisure loop hike