Orson Smith Park to Draper Suspension Bridge Loop

Orson Smith Park to Draper Suspension Bridge Loop is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hidden Valley Country Club Estates, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The easiest hike to the Bear Canyon Suspension Bridge in Draper is from Orson Smith Park. Path is well maintained, and there are frequent bicycles on the upper trail. A short hike past the hike the suspension bridge is the old pine bridge. Worth the bit extra to see.

We saw a rattlesnake on the horse trail about 200 yards south of the Orson Smith trailhead about 10 AM today.

It had about 6 rattles and slithered off into a small patch of scrub oak. It did rattle eventually inside the clump of brush but it wasn't coiled when we saw it.

I hike the trails in the area about once per week. This was the first rattler I've seen on the mountain.

GO early! very little shade and it was pretty warm by 930 am.
Easy hike... up hills and down hills. beautiful views.
bathroom in parking lot is clean. parking lot small, but if you go early no problem.
we used walking sticks and glad we had them. suspension bridge was a great photo opportunity. walk the trail past the bridge a mile or more and fun rock formation to walk through. fun for children.

Loved this trail. It wasn’t too hard to do even for a newbie like me and my pup. She enjoyed the views and getting out. Luckily I brought lots of water for me and her. Make sure you bring water for yourself and your dogs there’s not much to keep you out of the sun most of the trail so hydration is key!

trail is well maintained. easy to moderate. view and bridge is bonus at the end. best to hike in the early early morning!

I only gave this 4 if it was not for being in the sun most of the trail it would have gotten 5, took my 4 year old and 11 year old and they loved this trail. The bridge is very pretty and the hike it mild if you out of shape, going back is the easy part and relating of the trail.

I enjoyed this trail and found it easy. Others mention in their reviews that it is difficult. I think for those not used to hiking regularly this trail can be considered hard because of the elevation gain. The good part of this trail is that a majority of the trail surface is fine gravel, which makes it easier to traverse than the other trail that goes to the suspension bridge (Bear Canyon Bridge Trail, which I did in April 18 - https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/track-apr-14-04-32-pm--4). This trail is also about 80 ft less in elevation gain, so it took me 1 1/2 hr less time than the other trail to the bridge. One thing to keep in mind is that the shade is sparse on this trail, so it may be better to do during sunrise or sunset on hot days. This trail seems to have a lot of human, dog and occasional cycle traffic. The trailhead parking lot can get crowded, but it seems to have a bathroom. I did not use it, so not sure how it is. It had some kind of keypad lock on the door.

I loved it!

Great trail!

Quick little hike. Good to decompress after work.

Super fun, and not too crowded! I wore my chacos and my feet where killing me when I was done because the majority of the hike is in rough kitty litter like sand. Great breeze during the entire hike and surprisingly green at the suspension bridge!

Very easy hike with great views of valley. Getting to bridge was cool. Kids loved it.

Definitely not an easy trail for the out of shape, but not impossible. Even the old and overweight dog with the group in front of me was able to walk the full trail length, so I was not going to quit. In the end. the view from the bridge was spectacular and well worth the hike.

Fun little hike to start the summer off right, it wasn't busy we went on a Sunday afternoon. A little steep at the beginning a couple in front of us had their little girl and dad had to carry her. Lovely view...all in all a great day.

It’s not an easy trail. There is a steep and gradual climb up. I’d say it’s intermediate for youth activities & grandmas. Very dusty so don’t wear your hiking sandals like I did- your feet will be covered by the end. Lovely view at the top.

Really awesome hike with beautiful views the entire time. We went around 5:30 PM and there were quite a few people on the trail but nothing compared to some of the busier trails. We saw a medium sized snake along the path. Bugs weren’t bad. We took our 5 year old and they did wonderfully with minimal assistance required. Suspension bridge is soooo beautiful

Nice easy hike.

took my kids 6 and 4 we all loved it. great starting trail.

Awesome hike. Not so much traffic around 3 pm. Good for families with kids.

Great family hike, first hike of the year, not to easy not to hard. The trail was not to busy and the bridge was fun for our teenager.

Perfect trail for families. Lots of wildflowers and gorgeous view. A nice Sunday adventure.

great for the kids, could take our dog. beautiful views

Beautiful views with easy access. Parking isn’t ideal but that’s easy to over look. The bridge was fascinating and I loved that I could bring my dog. Not enough areas that allow dogs here in UT. This was a very fun quick hike. I recommend it.

A good family hike. I have a six-year-old, a ten-year old, and a sixty-five-year old in my crew. The hike is not too strenuous and even has a cool suspension bridge. Stunning views of the valley and even options to pursue other hikes.

This was a good walk, kid friendly. The bridge is a little different to walk across. there are a few up hill and a lot of traffic. Not sure which way the loop goes everyone was going different ways.

A perfect first of the season hike! Not much incline and the views are awesome! The suspension bridge is a neat destination.

Good hike but be prepared if your or of shape it is quite the climb but worth every moment. Also start out earlier in the morning it gets hot quickly!

Great and easy hike

The view is gorgeous.

Good for kids

Great with kids;) suspension bridge was super fun, and a bit scary but worth the hike for the views and the bridge;)