Ontario Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love this trail, I also prefer to climb up to the top peak off the back of the top of the hike to see some additional awesome views - it’s a challenge to get up there, but well worth it. I also like to make it a loop by joining the silver lake trail (by going down the ridge line run instead of back tracking) instead of going back the same way I came up - that makes for a far prettier route down the front side of the runs - and about a 7 mile loop.

Great trail. Mostly wooded and gorgeous views. Hiked up Silver Lake trail to Bald Mountain and then back down via Ontario trail. Took a solid 2 hrs. Would definitely do this one again.

It was so hot, which didn't help. It was good overall. The trail intersected dirt roads and have to watch out for the mtn bikers.

Excellent to go up Ontario Trail to top of Deer Valley (Bald Mountain) and then make it a looplby going down Silver Lake trail for views of Jordanelle. Start at mid mountain of Deer Valley.

Perfect hike with great views of the reservoir near the top. Took the lift to Stein Erikson back.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

It was a nice trail but after about 2.5 hours on it, I'm a little unsure if I hiked the actual trail. The markers could be a lot better

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

great hike and view of the area around Jordanelle reservoir. if the deer valley resort lift is open, you can hike up to the top and then take the lift back down to the resort for free .. and enjoy the ride

Friday, July 21, 2017

fun trail

Friday, June 23, 2017

Beautiful trail, in shade and sun. Gorgeous views at top
We took chairlift down
I think the mileage may be wrong
4.9 one way?
Watch for trail signs, we missed them a couple of times

Monday, June 05, 2017

I loved the view! When you reach the top of it you can see for mile and mile and it's really nice. The only problem was finding the trail when you first start but just look around and from there it is a blast.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A great hike with incredible views. We made a loop of it with Silver Lake up to the summit and Ontario Canyon down. This was a little over two hours for us, but we weren't in a hurry. If doing a loop, I recommend Silver Lake up. It is steeper and with loose rock. Both trails begin near the bottom of the Sterling Express lift and were generally well marked.

Views towards the top of the Silver Lake trail were the most breathtaking we've seen in our Park City hikes.

The lift stopped running daily September 5. So if you're planning on a free lift down (like some other comments) instead of hiking down, check that it's running.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Hike up and take the lift down. Well marked and maintained trail. Not difficult. A very pleasant hike. It took me about 40 minutes to reach the top. Wear a hat and sunscreen, and take water.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A heart pounding hike. The hike will take you through the forest and out in the direct sun on your way up the mountain. And there are no bike allowed on this trail. Some views especially at the top. Overall a nice hike, but for me I like some more variety especially running water. But in this area, this is about as good as it gets. Oh, and the best part is the free ride down on the chair lift. Ahh, nice views and relaxing.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Beautiful hike. Trail is well maintained and well marked. Don't try to hike down the biking trails they are much harder.

recorded Up Lift, Down Ontario