Ontario Trail

Ontario Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

It was a nice trail but after about 2.5 hours on it, I'm a little unsure if I hiked the actual trail. The markers could be a lot better

great hike and view of the area around Jordanelle reservoir. if the deer valley resort lift is open, you can hike up to the top and then take the lift back down to the resort for free .. and enjoy the ride

fun trail

Beautiful trail, in shade and sun. Gorgeous views at top
We took chairlift down
I think the mileage may be wrong
4.9 one way?
Watch for trail signs, we missed them a couple of times

I loved the view! When you reach the top of it you can see for mile and mile and it's really nice. The only problem was finding the trail when you first start but just look around and from there it is a blast.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A great hike with incredible views. We made a loop of it with Silver Lake up to the summit and Ontario Canyon down. This was a little over two hours for us, but we weren't in a hurry. If doing a loop, I recommend Silver Lake up. It is steeper and with loose rock. Both trails begin near the bottom of the Sterling Express lift and were generally well marked.

Views towards the top of the Silver Lake trail were the most breathtaking we've seen in our Park City hikes.

The lift stopped running daily September 5. So if you're planning on a free lift down (like some other comments) instead of hiking down, check that it's running.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Hike up and take the lift down. Well marked and maintained trail. Not difficult. A very pleasant hike. It took me about 40 minutes to reach the top. Wear a hat and sunscreen, and take water.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016