Learn more

Olympus Hills Park is a 0.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 82 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

city walk

An urban paved trail that has interconnecting dirt paths

We saw lots of lizards on the two inner trails.

Steps workout. Up/down north set twice, connectors twice, others once. Beating the storm!!

Good park trail with lots of places to hop out of the way to stay physically far from others. Nobody (other than us) was wearing a mask, so it was nice to be able to get far away from them.

Super Nice! A quick little walk and few picnic spots.

Wide paved trail with several short stair sections and sunflowers lining the path. There were a few dirt path offshoots crisscrossing the park, but I didn't take any of those - looked like most of the folks with dogs did, though. It is literally right along 215 for a ways, so constant road noise. A good trail for a quick walk with a couple of great views.

Some parts were wet. Next to the highway it does not give you the all- natural feeling.

Wed Jun 19 2019

A nice, leisurely walk with some pretty views of downtown SLC.

Sun May 12 2019

Easy trail, great views, has playground, restrooms and benches.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Great short, paved trail! Definitely recommend. Nice wide paved trail with fantastic views of the city one one side and up close mountain views on the other. I-215 is between you and the mountains so some traffic noise, but not bad at all. There are some dirt side trails, some that increase difficulty or others offer cut thrus. Good for families since there is also a playground and seemed dog friendly. Only complaint would be that I wish it was longer.

recorded Olympus Hills Park

Fri Apr 12 2019

Sun May 20 2018

I always preface my reviews with, I’m an out of shape lady! Hey, that’s important to know. This is a great path for beginners. It is paved, but offers dirt paths for variety. Also, there is TONS OF SCENERY and VIEWS. Which is typically rare for a small loop hike, with a low climb, and isn’t highly trafficked with people. It is important to note there are sections with stairs, however, you can see others have paved out paths along the side with their strollers. There are places to stop and sit, black beetles (a fair amount, fun for kids into insects), birds, we saw/heard a hummingbird. We’ve seen people with bikes, dogs—For being out of shape—we can do the loop in about 20 minutes. I’m sure the average John could do it in 10. There are bathrooms here, I believe there are water fountains (I haven’t checked). If not, there’s a 7/11 very close nearby. The only reason I gave 4 of 5 stars is I wish the loop was a little longer.

Wed Apr 25 2018

Nice place for a walk along a paved trail on a spring afternoon. It was nice to have a series of steps to tackle. Pretty views of Mt. Olympus and the Salt Lake Valley.

Sun Apr 08 2018

Nice little walk with paved and dirt trails, along with a sweet view overlooking the city. All of the trees right now are pretty bare, but I imagine when spring has sprung this place is lush!

Sat Nov 04 2017

Ruben park with paved and dirt paths

recorded Olympus Hills Park