Olympus Hills Park is a 0.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Millcreek, Utah and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from March until November.

partially paved

city walk

An urban paved trail that has interconnecting dirt paths

I always preface my reviews with, I’m an out of shape lady! Hey, that’s important to know. This is a great path for beginners. It is paved, but offers dirt paths for variety. Also, there is TONS OF SCENERY and VIEWS. Which is typically rare for a small loop hike, with a low climb, and isn’t highly trafficked with people. It is important to note there are sections with stairs, however, you can see others have paved out paths along the side with their strollers.

There are places to stop and sit, black beetles (a fair amount, fun for kids into insects), birds, we saw/heard a hummingbird. We’ve seen people with bikes, dogs—For being out of shape—we can do the loop in about 20 minutes. I’m sure the average John could do it in 10. There are bathrooms here, I believe there are water fountains (I haven’t checked). If not, there’s a 7/11 very close nearby. The only reason I gave 4 of 5 stars is I wish the loop was a little longer.

Nice place for a walk along a paved trail on a spring afternoon. It was nice to have a series of steps to tackle. Pretty views of Mt. Olympus and the Salt Lake Valley.

Nice little walk with paved and dirt trails, along with a sweet view overlooking the city. All of the trees right now are pretty bare, but I imagine when spring has sprung this place is lush!

Saturday, November 04, 2017

Ruben park with paved and dirt paths