Ogden River Parkway Trail

Ogden River Parkway Trail is a 17 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 17.0 miles Elevation Gain: 351 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

The Ogden River Parkway is a spectacular 4.4 mile trip through nature in the heart of downtown Ogden. It begins near Rainbow Gardens at the mouth of Ogden Canyon, and ends just west of 21st Street Pond. It connects with both the Weber River Parkway (Ogden) and the West Haven Trail near its west end. Trail is excellent for biking and walking. With numerous points of river access, it is also a popular place for bird watchers and nature lovers. This section of the river is full of rapids, so be careful if getting close to the water.

Great trail. I parked at the Ogden Canyon trailhead and returned to a broken front door window. My car was broken into and nothing of value was taken. Take caution. I would suggest not parking in the gravel parking lot there at the trailhead.

Great trail for a stroller run!! A little bumpy.

easy paved trail. courteous bikers.

Beautiful, diverse trail. Fun to see parts of Ogden you wouldn't normally see driving around. Shaded 90% of the time. You see everything from botanical gardens, to dinosaurs, to the famous swimming pool from The Sandlot, to cows if you go farther west.

only half of the trail

we always start at the ogden botanical gardens and walk the trail to the end near the waterfall, and go up the Dee park loop my kids an I love this route we've done it several times and plan to keep going back!!! defenitly are favorite trail. even if we don't do the whole thing.

This place is my 2nd home. I try to walk or run the trail 3 to 4 times a week. Beautiful and peaceful. Always feel better after leaving there!

This was the first trail I rode on and I love it. Wall and Washington are currently flooded so you have to dodge traffic. I like to take the shoreline trail from rainbow gardens south drop down to South Ogden to Uintah and hook to this trail in Riverdale. 26 mile ride.

Mon Oct 22 2018

Just agreeing with other 5 star reviews. This path is an absolutely incredible treasure. Among recreation amenities in general it ranks up there with anything Utah has to offer, and among urban riparian greenways it is probably in the top 10 in the US. If Utah had a more coherent way of managing its human-nature interface, this path and the ecosystem it is part of would put Ogden on the international map as an internationally desirable place to live.

Fri Jul 20 2018

I love this trail as it runs by the river. I spent my childhood walking a long it.

Sun Jun 24 2018

I hit the trail early in the morning (0630) the wind was blowing pretty well coming from the east like it does most days. It is paved all the way and is marked for the most part. I got off trail one time because I missed the sign for the trail (the orange arrows on the ground) they don’t say they are for the trail but they are. There are more arrows with different colors for other trails. I read in the reviews there were a lot of homeless around. I only saw 2 or 3 and they were closer to the Washington st. There are a lot of places to stop and enjoy the river and cool off. Over all the trail is a nice ride if you want to get the family out and riding.

Wed May 30 2018

I

Mon May 14 2018

Very fun my first trail so far perfect for a family ride

Wed Apr 25 2018

Lots of homeless. :(

Sun Mar 18 2018

I walk this path for the small river fly fishing. Tons of river access all along the path.

Fri Aug 11 2017

Really pretty scenic paved path along the Ogden river that runs all the way through the city. Some parts are nice near riverdale but other parts near north ogden can be kinda sketchy with druggie folks in underpasses

Sun Aug 06 2017

Great place to walk, run, or bike. Beautiful trail along the Ogden River.

Thu Jun 01 2017

I love the Ogden River Parkway, it's a place to get outside without having to drive to the mountains. I ride my bike, run, and rollerblade it every summer. The downside is the stretch from Rainbow Garden to about Washington Blvd are ridiculously crowded in the evenings. It's nice to see people out enjoying it but no one stays to the right to let other pass, dogs on leashes on one side with the owner on the other...when you're biking or rollerblading this gets annoying real fast. I wish people were a little more aware of their surroundings. My solution to this problem has been to start at the pond behind Walmart and go West along the trail from there. You won't run into many people and if you do they are generally people riding bikes, or homeless and I've never had a problem with either. The real problem right now is the high water covering the trail at nearly every underpass and for rollerblading, where the water has receded off the trail, there are big stretched of dirt and debris that knock you off balance. Still it's one of my favorite places to burn off some energy after work.

Fri May 26 2017

Trail is closed at some sections due to high water.

Tue Apr 18 2017

This was a great trail for me and my young kids. Very clean and well kept for the most part. I like that you get to walk near dinosaurs and through the botanical gardens. The path also goes by a playground and picnic areas with restrooms. The restrooms near the botanical gardens were open on Easter, but I'd recommend bringing your own TP.

Mon Apr 17 2017

Very busy, but great easy walk.

Thu Feb 23 2017

great for walking, biking, roller blading and just getting out to exercise.

Tue Nov 01 2016

I love the parkway

Tue Sep 06 2016

Very fun trail , we biked it in about 4 hours Starting at Rainbow Gardens ending near Weber Canyon on I-84 . Up and back 22 miles One of the best times I'v ever had riding a bike

Tue Sep 06 2016

Good trail for a run, walk or for biking. Super easy. There are always a lot of people on the trail, and many people off the trail. I'm not too fond of the trail in the dark because there are so many transients next to it at night. But it is a great trail during the day and you can get on at several locations around Ogden. I use this trail very often from spring to fall.

Tue May 31 2016

Okay, fairly level, lots of people even for a weekday.

Mon May 30 2016

This is an extremely relaxing trail, which is paved in its entirety. There was quite a bit of bike traffic while we were there

Sun Oct 18 2015

Trail was nice! Paved surface throughout! Nice people saying high and smiling! Dogs on leashes!

Tue Apr 07 2015

Great trail for walking, running, skating and biking. This trail can get heavy use at times so if you are biking keep an eye out for walkers and runners. This trail spans from the mouth of the canyon west past I-15 and ever turns south and runs clear to Riverdale. Fun trail for the whole family.

Sat Apr 04 2015

Great trail for biking if you can beat the crowds. Rode it from rainbow gardens then merged with the weber river parkway trail down to West Haven. It can get pretty busy once its warm enough for the crowds to come out.