Ogden River Parkway Trail

Ogden River Parkway Trail is a 17 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Ogden River Parkway is a spectacular 4.4 mile trip through nature in the heart of downtown Ogden. It begins near Rainbow Gardens at the mouth of Ogden Canyon, and ends just west of 21st Street Pond. It connects with both the Weber River Parkway (Ogden) and the West Haven Trail near its west end. Trail is excellent for biking and walking. With numerous points of river access, it is also a popular place for bird watchers and nature lovers. This section of the river is full of rapids, so be careful if getting close to the water.

I love the Ogden River Parkway, it's a place to get outside without having to drive to the mountains. I ride my bike, run, and rollerblade it every summer. The downside is the stretch from Rainbow Garden to about Washington Blvd are ridiculously crowded in the evenings. It's nice to see people out enjoying it but no one stays to the right to let other pass, dogs on leashes on one side with the owner on the other...when you're biking or rollerblading this gets annoying real fast. I wish people were a little more aware of their surroundings. My solution to this problem has been to start at the pond behind Walmart and go West along the trail from there. You won't run into many people and if you do they are generally people riding bikes, or homeless and I've never had a problem with either. The real problem right now is the high water covering the trail at nearly every underpass and for rollerblading, where the water has receded off the trail, there are big stretched of dirt and debris that knock you off balance. Still it's one of my favorite places to burn off some energy after work.

Trail is closed at some sections due to high water.

This was a great trail for me and my young kids. Very clean and well kept for the most part. I like that you get to walk near dinosaurs and through the botanical gardens. The path also goes by a playground and picnic areas with restrooms. The restrooms near the botanical gardens were open on Easter, but I'd recommend bringing your own TP.

Very busy, but great easy walk.

great for walking, biking, roller blading and just getting out to exercise.

I love the parkway

Very fun trail , we biked it in about 4 hours
Starting at Rainbow Gardens ending near Weber Canyon on I-84 .
Up and back 22 miles
One of the best times I'v ever had riding a bike

Good trail for a run, walk or for biking. Super easy. There are always a lot of people on the trail, and many people off the trail. I'm not too fond of the trail in the dark because there are so many transients next to it at night. But it is a great trail during the day and you can get on at several locations around Ogden. I use this trail very often from spring to fall.

Sunday, June 12, 2016