Ogden Canyon Overlook Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Huntsville, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a greta hike for families as there is something for everyone. Don't be surprised if you come across hikes, mountain bikers and horses on this trail. The trail is found by parking at the lower lot at Snowbasin Resort. Follow the gravel road past the silver metal gate for 0.75 miles. Follow the road straight ahead when you reach the old campground. Look for an information board next to an old gate. This is the beginning of the trail.

Beautiful trail with fall colors this time of year. The trail is dirt packed and slightly damp from the cool weather with lots of fall color leaves on the ground. Getting to the overlook is fun with some pretty easy switchbacks, but be sure to keep hiking till you get to the wooden bench and don’t stop early despite the trail map. The views from the overlook are gorgeous with a great mountain view and city scape. The dogs and I had a great hike!

Trail is a nice trail, packed dirt. Went on 10-5-18, and fall colors are amazing. the view at the end is well worth the hike. stunning overlook views throughout the hike. Took parents who are in their 50s and not acclimated to the elevation and they were able to make it the whole hike (they are in decent shape though). Took us 1.5 hours to get to the top at a slowish pace and 45 minutes to get back down at a quick pace. From car and back, my phone tracked the entire hike at 5.59 miles.

Fall colors are showing. Great in the early morning.

Fun trail with a nice overlook at the end. Hiked a weekday and very few people out.

Great trail. Pretty stacked with mountain bikers.

This is a well-maintained, mostly shaded trail with a gorgeous view at the top. The hike took me three hours round-trip, including a half-hour stop to soak in the view at the summit (I am a pretty novice hiker). I started the hike at 6 pm on a Sunday evening and I had the trail to myself, other than two polite mountain bikers and one large moose.

This is a great hike for most people in good health. The trail is well marked and very few rocks. The scenery is very beautiful and the payoff at the end is amazing. We did the hike in about 2 1/2 hours including spending about 20 minutes at the top. It was 100 degrees in the valley and about 72 at the summit which was very refreshing.

My husband and I and Scout dog completed this hike on July 22.

This was a wonderful hike! Most of the way up is a mild-moderate incline, and the trail is partially shaded. The day we went was overcast and a bit cooler, so we didn't even need to stop for water on the way up.

The trail is easy to follow, and has a great endpoint. Would definitely recommend this trail to any hiker!

Great hike! At a quick pace it will take about 2 hours to complete.

This was a fun, quick hike that would be great for families, because there aren't any rocky/bouldered areas to negotiate, and the incline is really gradual. Certain areas were shaded, but others were fairly exposed to the sun and somewhat overgrown -- which worried me a little bit, because there are some prime rattlesnake spots, so do be cautious. It took us about an hour and forty minutes round trip, but we took it at a fairly quick pace, so I'd allot 2-2.5 hours for a more leisurely pace.

This was a moderate hike with good shade. There are mountain bikers but we weren’t bothered by them. We took the dog who enjoyed the little steam and pond at the bottom. Great views at the top.

Good hike for kids. Amazing views at the overlook.

Overall, a nice trail that’s not strenuous. The view at the end is a good payoff for your time. I’d suggest this as a good family hike, since little ones will probably be okay. The only drawback is that this trail seems to be very popular with mountain bikers and there can be a lot of traffic at times. There are sometimes a few that go too fast for the safety of hikers on this trail.

Nice little hike with some wonderful views, well shaded for large parts of it

Beautiful views, mostly shaded trail which I loved, great hike, will be doing it again!

Spectacular views and a well maintained trail. The mnt bikers need to learn some trail.etiquette. Other than that I would love to go back a do some more exploring.

Trail was pretty snow packed - I had coils on but you probably could have made it without. View at the top was unbeatable. Took me about 3 hours round trip!

Great easy hike that’s good for anyone of all ages. Out and back in about 3 hours and it was a leisurely pace. Spikes were helpful today in some parts but given the weather you could have made it without.

Wonderful hike! Gradual incline, lovely views at the top. One of my favorite hikes!

Saturday, October 07, 2017

A top fave of mine! If you do this go all the way to the top, you won't be disappointed- the views are spectacular!

Monday, October 02, 2017

most excellent trail. on the easy side of moderate, we'll established with enough space for hiking and bicycles. couldn't find anything bad to say at all. come on out and have fun.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Fabulous views all the way up.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

We loved this hike!! It's shady most of the way. Lots of beautiful wildflowers and trees. We saw moose which was also very exciting! The view on top is amazing!

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

One if my favorite out and backs. Fairly smooth, clean trail. Great variety of trees--Quakies, Oaks, Maples, Pines. Nice trail to introduce newer riders to the pleasures of mountain bikes while still interesting to more experienced riders. Want more workout or excitement? Simply crank up your speed. Beautiful view from the top. Several hawks generally circle overhead. I've seen plenty of deer in the evenings and even a massive black moose.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Perfect trail for running! It had a nice steady incline but not too steep! Beautiful view on the way and at the top!

Monday, June 26, 2017

Loved this hike! Stunning views, nice shade, gorgeous flowers, relatively easy but still got a work out in. Stumbled upon a rattlesnake so be careful. :)

Monday, June 19, 2017

loved the hike. doing it again for sure. saw a squirrel.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

nice view

Sunday, November 20, 2016

I really enjoyed this hike! I brought my 5 month old puppy on the hike (she was on a leash) and I thought it was a quite easy hike. Great views on the way up and the view on the top was great! We started the hike on a Friday at about 11 and the trail had moderate traffic. It was about 50/50 cyclists and hikes but everyone was quite courteous of each other. I will definitely do this hike again!

Friday, November 04, 2016

its not hard going up there not so many rocks in the trail and a lot of deere going there i like to go up there one more time