Ogden Canyon Overlook Trail

Ogden Canyon Overlook Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Huntsville, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a greta hike for families as there is something for everyone. Don't be surprised if you come across hikes, mountain bikers and horses on this trail. The trail is found by parking at the lower lot at Snowbasin Resort. Follow the gravel road past the silver metal gate for 0.75 miles. Follow the road straight ahead when you reach the old campground. Look for an information board next to an old gate. This is the beginning of the trail.

Trail was pretty snow packed - I had coils on but you probably could have made it without. View at the top was unbeatable. Took me about 3 hours round trip!

Great easy hike that’s good for anyone of all ages. Out and back in about 3 hours and it was a leisurely pace. Spikes were helpful today in some parts but given the weather you could have made it without.

Wonderful hike! Gradual incline, lovely views at the top. One of my favorite hikes!

A top fave of mine! If you do this go all the way to the top, you won't be disappointed- the views are spectacular!

most excellent trail. on the easy side of moderate, we'll established with enough space for hiking and bicycles. couldn't find anything bad to say at all. come on out and have fun.

Fabulous views all the way up.

We loved this hike!! It's shady most of the way. Lots of beautiful wildflowers and trees. We saw moose which was also very exciting! The view on top is amazing!

One if my favorite out and backs. Fairly smooth, clean trail. Great variety of trees--Quakies, Oaks, Maples, Pines. Nice trail to introduce newer riders to the pleasures of mountain bikes while still interesting to more experienced riders. Want more workout or excitement? Simply crank up your speed. Beautiful view from the top. Several hawks generally circle overhead. I've seen plenty of deer in the evenings and even a massive black moose.

Perfect trail for running! It had a nice steady incline but not too steep! Beautiful view on the way and at the top!

Loved this hike! Stunning views, nice shade, gorgeous flowers, relatively easy but still got a work out in. Stumbled upon a rattlesnake so be careful. :)

loved the hike. doing it again for sure. saw a squirrel.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

nice view

Sunday, November 20, 2016

I really enjoyed this hike! I brought my 5 month old puppy on the hike (she was on a leash) and I thought it was a quite easy hike. Great views on the way up and the view on the top was great! We started the hike on a Friday at about 11 and the trail had moderate traffic. It was about 50/50 cyclists and hikes but everyone was quite courteous of each other. I will definitely do this hike again!

Friday, November 04, 2016

its not hard going up there not so many rocks in the trail and a lot of deere going there i like to go up there one more time

Friday, October 14, 2016

easy hike great views. only downside is people can ride horses on trail so there was alot of horse poop on trail.q

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Nice hike! Not too difficult...but still a good workout. Great view of Ogden Canyon and beyond at the top!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Pretty gentle climb up to a spectacular view of Ogden and the Great Salt Lake. Beautiful foliage along the way. Need to share the trail with lots of mountain bikers.

Monday, September 26, 2016

easy trail with beautiful views. we saw 4 moose along the trail.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Very easy trail to hike , trail is in great condition I'd rate this trail as easy we hiked 3 miles in 1 hour 37 minutes to the over look , we continued up Sardine Trail 1 mile then handed back . There are a few benches to sit and rest .. Great trail for Horses, biking , hiking , running .. Or a good stroll.
The views are Amazing , colors are popping right now .. One of my favorite hikes

Monday, September 05, 2016

Pretty easy hike, but great view at the end!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Nice trail good reward at the end

Saturday, August 20, 2016

this trail is 6 miles round trip

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Great hike with the family! 7 month old Harlow and 2 year old Camdyn did wonderful.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

My wife and our 2 year old twins love this hike, there is a little bit of everything for everyone. Don't be surprised if you come across hikes, mountain bikers and horses on this trail. Often times we venture down all the little trails that come across Maples.

We have taken several of our friends, their kids and also our parents on this hike. It is perfect for any age and people of any skill set. Enjoy!

Friday, August 05, 2016

Love this trail! It's very peaceful and shaded. It's perfect for after work because it's not too steep. I would say it's an easy trail. Make sure you bring big spray.

Friday, July 29, 2016

For a mountain biking trail this is fantastic a lot of densely shaded Trail but breaking out into beautiful views and overlooks and thrilling smooth downhill

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Nice trail. Great view of the mouth of Ogden Canyon at the top. Nice climb but very gradual.

Friday, June 26, 2015

see 2 1x zipwe 2nd 2 wazoo 43

Monday, March 30, 2015

Nice trail but could be better marked on the maps near the snowbasin parking lot. View from the top was gorgeous. Will hit Sardine Peak soon

Monday, June 24, 2013

This trail is awesome for any family, my 2 & 5 year old loved it. They were exhausted by the time it was done, but the scenery was great and it stayed a lot cooler than other trails.