North Fork Park Trail

North Fork Park Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Ogden, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and cross country skiing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

North Fork Park Trail during the summer months is actually a road serving one of the most beautiful and extensive parks in Weber County. Winter transforms this road in to a x-country skiing trail.

Did this over the weekend, took my 2 year old daughter. She hiked most of the way, there was some steep parts I had to carry her at. Trail is overgrown but ok. Waterfall was pretty. Only saw 1 person the whole trail.

Lovely little trail with tons of foliage and greenery. Moderate incline and narrow passage, but could be done even by small children. I wish the trail was longer, I ended up veering off after the waterfall to find the bigger one and ended up sliding on my butt about 30 feet down a very steep part. Would NOT recommend getting off of the trail.

Plan to walk another mile through the campgrounds to get the trailhead when the front gate to the park is closed during the winter months. But once you're at the trail it's a fun little hike.

great little hike. gps took us most of the way there but followed directions posted in reviews and found it without a problem. little steep in places as we had a three year old with us but not bad. Beautiful drive up!

plenty of shade. trail is a bit narrow and washed out but was manageable even for our 3 year old.

A beautiful short hike

Fun, quick trail to a pretty waterfall.

Beautiful, short hike with a spectacular finish right now with all the runoff. Got a little steep for small kids, but we made it! I even had a baby strapped on my back. Recommend.

M. X v

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Wonderful hike

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Beautiful trail with heavy foliage. Great for a hot day.....campground has flush toilets and there is a picnic table and fire pit at the trailhead for a quick lunch or dinner before hiking. Definitely follow the directions noted below in the reviews. We would have never found it otherwise. It gets pretty steep up by the waterfall but our 5-year old made it with us helping him.

Monday, June 05, 2017

There are quite a few trees that have fallen everywhere. The waterfall is flowing heavily!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

It was fun

Monday, March 27, 2017

Fun trail that doesn't require a lot of time but is also a good work out. Almost the whole trail is shaded with water so it's great in the hot summer. Technically horses are allowed but it would be impossible to get one to the waterfall. Northfork park does have several other exceptional horse trails though. This particular trail just requires some rock scaling, but the dogs love it.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Didn't get to camp, but the camping site look really nice for an away from it all camp

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Getting There:
The google directions for this were awful! Half of the streets weren't marked, I spent an extra hour going the wrong direction, taking a wrong road and not knowing where the hell I was going. But now my frustration can be your blessing. :)
You can follow the first part of the directions through the Turn left onto UT-158 N. This road will take you around the west side of Pineview Reservoir. You continue on this road until you come to a stop sign located next to a grocery store.
Here there are no road signs. You are going to turn left at this stop sign, which is Hwy 162.
Continue on this road which turns into 3500 E. 3500 E. then dead ends at a T in the road. Here you will turn left.
You will then turn right onto 3300 E. and follow signs for North Fork.
You will take a slight left onto North Fork Road.
Turn left onto 5950 N, there is a huge sign for Ben Lomond Trailhead.
You continue on this road till you see signs for North Fork Park.
Turn left at North Fork Park Road. Here you enter the park.
Continue on and you will come to a sign for Loop A- veer right.
Follow signs for Cold Water Canyon.
You will pass 2 sets of restrooms. The second sets of restrooms has a lovely green flower trashcan circa 1972 in the women's side, if you care to visit it.
You will pass a third set of restrooms, here go left.
Drive past all the camping sites and the road will dead end with a little dirt area to park on the left and a picnic table directly at the end.
Here you are!

You'll see a sign for Waterfall 0.4, I've posted a picture of it. This is the start of the Trail Head. A little down the trail you will come to a chain link fence and another sign pointing the way of the falls. If you go through the chain link fence you'll come to a cute little stream. If you continue on to the waterfall it does get pretty steep in places. This could be rated as a Moderate hike just for those parts. If you have small kids I would recommend stopping at the stream. The trail is washed out in places and gets pretty thin. Just follow the path that seems most traveled and you'll get there. I went in August so the waterfall was more of a trickle but still beautiful. The best part about the hike is that I only saw a couple people on my way up, and for the 40 minutes I was at the waterfall I was the only one. But it was still beautiful!!

Friday, July 08, 2016

Well, I wouldn't classify this as easy because it's pretty steep getting to the waterfall. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner unless you stop at the fence and go back. If you want a nice view of the creek, go through the chain link fence gate just before the wooden sign that says "Waterfall". If you go up the trail, it's VERY steep up and then a short, but steep way down to the actual waterfall. Also, this map isn't quite right. Drive all the way to the end of the road, past all the camping spots and there's a little parking area next to a picnic area.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Did it today, June 13th,
Drive in straight till you hit a T junction, following signs for Cold Water Canyon.
At the Junction, take a left, drive to the end of the dirt road to the parking lot. Straight on, near a picnic table, you will see the sign for the waterfall, 0.4 miles.
The trail is rather steep in some places, but if two old relics good do it, you probably could run it.
Nice hike and beautiful Raterfall.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Not sure about this trail. We went about 1.5 miles and there was a no trespassing, violators will be prosecuted sign. We didn't see a waterfall, not sure if we could have gone further. It was a pretty walk, great for the little ones. Wish there was more information about the trail.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Perfect hike! Follow signs (with your car) for cold water mountain and cutler flats. We walked from the very first parking lot which was about 1.1 miles to the beginning of the actual trail. ). If you hike from the first lot you will come across a ton Of car traffic. The trail is labeled "waterfall" and is a .4 mile steep climb at times. Did this with a 4 year old and infant and it was challenging but doable and worth it. The hike itself is beautiful and the falls are amazing!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Great fun. the kids loved it, it is steep and a tough climb at times but worth it. just a little bit dangerous for the smallest ones.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

We followed the signs for the waterfall. It was a .4 mile hike to the waterfall. There was a bathroom at the bottom with parking. No name on this trail. It was pretty steep in 2 areas that I would rate as moderate. Beautiful area. Bring bug spray!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

I did love our hike... But there wasn't one single sign that said North Fork Trail. We just picked one and ended up at a beautiful waterfall.

Thursday, December 31, 2015