Nobletts Creek Trail

Nobletts Creek Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Heber City, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Nobletts Creek portion of the trail is rather steep as it follows the left side of the creek up to a grassy meadow to the ridge. It then joins a road and meanders pleasantly along the ridge where it affords a spectacular view across the valley below. The road winds down the back and around the end of the ridge, then turns into a trail as it enters Log Hollow. The Log hollow portion of the trail drops down to where it joins with Highway 35. The trail is well marked and not difficult to follow. The tread is eroded in some spots on the Nobletts Creek side, but not enough to make the hike hazardous or to obscure the trail. Evergreens and aspen form the primary vegetation along the entire trail with the exception of the grassy meadow at the top of the Nobletts Creek.

Took the kids, it was great. The trail had spots of mud but the temperature was perfect. Beautiful hike and we will be doing it again soon.

I really liked this trail. It was super easy and the view is amazing.

Rode horseback with two young boys. Trail is a little overgrown but extremely beautiful. You basically ride up a picturesque little river/creek until you get to the end where there is a gentle waterfall where you can sit and take pictures. BEWARE.... at the end of this trail there is a small sign which has been damaged saying "end of trail" HOWEVER, the trail is very well travelled beyond making you think you can go on but it basically goes up and becomes a cliff side which you can not tell it will dead end into the side of a cliff util you are way up in there and there is now room to turn around. This is a very dangerous mistake on three horses with youth.

Great for kids. Take insect repellent!

Easy and beautiful. Water is flowing great and refreshing. Great for kids of all ages.

We just did this hike the end of July 2017. Took our six-year-old and we all brought water shoes. My daughter LOVED this hike! Almost the whole trail was shaded so it was nice and cool. It follows the creek and there were many shallow places to stop and go walk/wade around in the freezing cold water. There are no downed trees blocking the trail, everything was cleared away. There were fallen trees that crossed the creek and were loads of fun for kids to walk across. The trail is easy to follow. The waterfall/spring at the end was beautiful and was a strong current so keep a hold of your kids. Definitely worth the 1 hour drive to get out of the heat/valley.

this was a perfect hike to do with kids of all ages!

Beautiful family friendly hike. This hike was so enjoyable even in the middle of the summer because of the trees, shade, and water. There were so many sights to enjoy on the way up. The creek, birds, butterfly's, wild berries, and lush greenery made the hike to be quite an adventure for my three sons (ages 10, 7, 4). Make sure you take the right side of the creek to stay on the easy path which is clearly marked with blue diamonds all the way up to the top. The left side was said to be a bit more complicated and not so family friendly. The final destination was fun and different. I'm not sure that I would call it a waterfall but more of a rushing spring as the water comes directly out of the side of the mountain which was just as cool as a waterfall in my opinion! We went a little bit past the "end" sign and hiked to see where the water was coming from. My son said he liked this hike more then the narrows. I would recommend it if your in the area.

Great family hike. The stream and shade make it very pleasant and the waterfall is a fun destination for young and old.

So beautiful! Enjoyed this hike!

As others have said, this is a great hike. If you just go up the trail on the right side of the creek, which is I think the correct side for this trail, you reach a waterfall in just over a mile of walking through the woods with the creek running alongside. There is a sign saying "End", which is kind of a clue that you are done. As mentioned in the previous review, the creek is running very full right now, but I had no problems staying dry. I think the AllTrails description above, talking about the trail on the left side of the creek, is for the Log Hollow hike, which does not go the same way, and is considerably longer.

This is an absolutely beautiful hike! Took us about an hour to get there from Salt Lake. The directions from All Trails took us right there. There is a parking lot and there are 2 restrooms. The trail starts in the middle of the parking lot and heads left. Because of all the snow we got this winter the creek is crazy full. We couldn't get to the end of the trail without walking through water. There were also quite a few places where the trail was obscured by fallen trees and you either have to go around, over or under them. It was shady almost the whole time and my 6 and 9 year old did great! We also didn't see very many people, about 5, the whole time we were there. We will for sure be doing this one again.

Gorgeous views, smells, and sounds. Pack a picnic and enjoy!

Very fun! Very secluded and great views with a fun creeks flowing next to you!!

Did this hike today with my wife who is 7 months pregnant. Great hike, very gradual elevation gain and great for all levels of hikers. The creek and waterfall are beautiful. All of the downed trees have been cut and cleared within the day or two. There were still about 4-5 places where the trail was covered or mostly covered by water but you can get past them using logs and rocks and stay basically dry depending on your balance. We had a great time and we will definitely be returning to hike this trail again.

A beautiful and isolated area near "Kamas." I'm rating this trail highly
because of the sense of scenery and feeling of escape offered in an underrated part of Utah. Hiker "beware" though, the trail is full of fallen trees that can be difficult to traverse and some areas also covered with water; which will require your feet to get wet. The trail needs to be more maintained. Other than that it is a very nice and quite. Me, my baby(on my chest) and my wife were able to get through the trail barley with all it's troubles. Another family did turn around during our trek. We were determined to finish the trail and will want to revisit in the future for its positives. Some or most may want to turn back with all its obstacles.

This is one of my all-time, favorite easy hikes. In the fall you will be delighted so see wild raspberries and wild gooseberries. The waterfall has gorgeous moss covered rocks. Fun family hike.

Monday, July 04, 2016

wonderful time of year, warm but breezy.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Very beautiful and peaceful.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Trail starts about .75 miles from main road. You can park at the bottom and hike up or drive up the road and park at the start of the trail. Lots of shade. Easy for kids.

off road driving