Navajo Loop Trail to Peekaboo Loop

Navajo Loop Trail to Peekaboo Loop is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.

I did Navajo - Peek-a-boo - Bryce Point and then back down to Peek-a-boo and Navajo to loop it all together. Peek-a-boo was absolutely the highlight of my trip to Bryce Canyon. It's definitely a 'moderate' hike with a decent amount of elevation gain but it's incredible. I had never seen rock structures so weird in my life and I got some great photos.

Great trail. Fairly quiet in April. Weather ideal.

Great hike. Good elevation change, but worth every step to see the uniqueness of Bryce. HIked clockwise, think best route.

I hadn't planned to hike the Peekaboo Loop, but after hiking Queen's Garden and Navajo Loop, Wall Street was closed. There was a sign pointing to Peekaboo, so I just kept going. It was 25 degrees when I set out (9am) but warmed up quickly and was 50 degrees when I finished (1pm). The trail was about 1/3 snow, but pretty hard-packed and easy going. I didn't use my spikes -- my hiking poles were enough support. (Coming out of the canyon was a little muddy once it warmed up.) Peekaboo was definitely a challenge -- one of the harder hikes I've done -- but great views around every turn. I entered at Sunrise Point, but got twisted around coming back and ending up exiting at Sunset Point. (Who puts a trailhead called Sunrise next to one called Sunset? After 4 hours of hiking, I was lucky to remember SunAnything!) There are some seriously steep switchbacks near the Sunset trailhead -- pretty muddy, too -- and really exhausting after a full morning of hiking. Wish I'd come back out at Sunrise. It was a .5 mile walk along the rim to get back to Sunrise. Easy walk, and gorgeous, but unexpected. I had the trail mostly to myself (yay, off-season) -- only saw a few other hikers. As I was leaving, the park had gotten a little more crowded, but still plenty of parking right at the trailheads.

An amazing hike with beautiful views around every corner. There is incline and decline throughout the trail and not just on the way in/out. Was a great work out! We went clockwise around peek-a-boo and loved it. Bathrooms were closed when were there and there is no water currently on the trail.

probably the second or third best more strenuous option in the park. park your vehicle (or better yet, take the free Park Shuttle in season) at Sunset Point, walk down Wall Street (if not closed due to rockfall danger), walk clockwise around the Peek-A-Boo Loop, then exit via Navajo. a prettier tho slightly longer option is to exit via Queens Garden, and the most efficient option (in season) is to shuttle to Bryce Point, descend to Peek-A-Boo, then hike the west half of Peek-A-Boo past the Wall of Windows, exiting via Queens Garden

My favorite trail in Bryce Canyon! It is beautiful!

Good little hike with a major climb at the end. Packed dirt trail that will test those in moderate shape. Lots of families on the Navajo Loop and serious hikers on the Peekaboo Loop. A really good combination.

Up close and personal with the hoodoos!

Great trail

Was targeting the Queens Garden loop, but somehow ended up on the Peekaboo. Must have missed the signs from Navajo. No complaints. Great hike and stunning scenery.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Hiked this on snowshoes when it was less crowded and loved seeing the area in the snow.