Navajo Loop Trail to Peekaboo Loop

Navajo Loop Trail to Peekaboo Loop is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and snowshoeing and is best used from April until November.

The best

Gorgeous and well worth the ups and downs.

Excellence views!! The semi-strenuous parts are spread throughout the hike so it makes the hike pretty moderate overall. When you get down to the bottom of Navajo trail going towards peek-a-boo trail, start to the left of the sign as the end of the trail is the cathedral scenic view and that’s pretty much the end and totally worth waiting for. If you don’t have much time then go to the right and it’ll be a good uphill climb to see the best view and then straight back down. You can do that within an hour. Enjoyed every minute!

Did both loops, very great experience in Bryce, first section was crowded as we got a late start, but the crowds thinned down a bit until the end hiking up Wall Street. It was perfect for what we wanted, felt we saw some of the best of Bryce.

This is a beautiful trail. If you only have time for one hike in Bryce Canyon, this is it! You get to see all the staples of this hike on one trail. The views and details are breathtaking. There are some pretty steep elevations, but it is worth it!

Some difficult hiking, but with unique views.

Great trail - not too busy, but still very scenic. I'd pick Fairyland Loop over Peekaboo if you have limited time; otherwise try and do Navajo Loop / Peekaboo / Queens Garden trails.

Belle balade de trois heures environ faite avec nos enfants (6 et 7 ans) part une belle journée d'août. Pas de difficulté particulière, sinon la dernière remontée un peu longue. De très beaux points de vue sur le parc inaccessibles depuis le haut.

The Peek-a-boo trail has incredibly stunning views throughout. A good amount of up and down but definitely doable even for beginner hikers. I’d recommend making an 8 pattern with the two loops. Go left on Navajo, then right on Peek-a-boo and loop back the opposite way. Enjoy!

I did Navajo - Peek-a-boo - Bryce Point and then back down to Peek-a-boo and Navajo to loop it all together. Peek-a-boo was absolutely the highlight of my trip to Bryce Canyon. It's definitely a 'moderate' hike with a decent amount of elevation gain but it's incredible. I had never seen rock structures so weird in my life and I got some great photos.

Great trail. Fairly quiet in April. Weather ideal.

Great hike. Good elevation change, but worth every step to see the uniqueness of Bryce. HIked clockwise, think best route.

I hadn't planned to hike the Peekaboo Loop, but after hiking Queen's Garden and Navajo Loop, Wall Street was closed. There was a sign pointing to Peekaboo, so I just kept going. It was 25 degrees when I set out (9am) but warmed up quickly and was 50 degrees when I finished (1pm). The trail was about 1/3 snow, but pretty hard-packed and easy going. I didn't use my spikes -- my hiking poles were enough support. (Coming out of the canyon was a little muddy once it warmed up.) Peekaboo was definitely a challenge -- one of the harder hikes I've done -- but great views around every turn. I entered at Sunrise Point, but got twisted around coming back and ending up exiting at Sunset Point. (Who puts a trailhead called Sunrise next to one called Sunset? After 4 hours of hiking, I was lucky to remember SunAnything!) There are some seriously steep switchbacks near the Sunset trailhead -- pretty muddy, too -- and really exhausting after a full morning of hiking. Wish I'd come back out at Sunrise. It was a .5 mile walk along the rim to get back to Sunrise. Easy walk, and gorgeous, but unexpected. I had the trail mostly to myself (yay, off-season) -- only saw a few other hikers. As I was leaving, the park had gotten a little more crowded, but still plenty of parking right at the trailheads.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

An amazing hike with beautiful views around every corner. There is incline and decline throughout the trail and not just on the way in/out. Was a great work out! We went clockwise around peek-a-boo and loved it. Bathrooms were closed when were there and there is no water currently on the trail.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

probably the second or third best more strenuous option in the park. park your vehicle (or better yet, take the free Park Shuttle in season) at Sunset Point, walk down Wall Street (if not closed due to rockfall danger), walk clockwise around the Peek-A-Boo Loop, then exit via Navajo. a prettier tho slightly longer option is to exit via Queens Garden, and the most efficient option (in season) is to shuttle to Bryce Point, descend to Peek-A-Boo, then hike the west half of Peek-A-Boo past the Wall of Windows, exiting via Queens Garden

Saturday, November 25, 2017

My favorite trail in Bryce Canyon! It is beautiful!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Good little hike with a major climb at the end. Packed dirt trail that will test those in moderate shape. Lots of families on the Navajo Loop and serious hikers on the Peekaboo Loop. A really good combination.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Up close and personal with the hoodoos!

Monday, September 18, 2017

Great trail

Friday, August 04, 2017

Was targeting the Queens Garden loop, but somehow ended up on the Peekaboo. Must have missed the signs from Navajo. No complaints. Great hike and stunning scenery.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Hiked this on snowshoes when it was less crowded and loved seeing the area in the snow.