Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail

Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Hike into the canyon to experience Bryce Canyon's famous hoodoos; the best way to see the amazing hoodoos up close. This hike is hands down the best way to see the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon. The views from sunrise point and sunset point on the rim area stunning, but you will experience an entirely different Bryce Canyon from the canyon floor while looking up at the hoodoos. You start by hiking down Wall street a narrow canyon with high rock walls on either side. Soon after you will reach the flat canyon floor with the option to finish the Navajo Loop or continue on along the Queens Garden Trail to see more of the canyon. If you have time, hike on to Queens Garden where you will see some of the most spectacular formations in the park. After you final ascent up to the rim you will arrive at sunrise point with a final view of the canyon. Hoodoos go through several stages: First they start as plateaus and water erodes away the sides until they become fins. Once the things become fairly skinny, holes will erode in the middle of them, creating a window. Finally, after more erosion, the top of the windows will break away leaving a hoodoo in its place. In Bryce, most erosion occurs from "frost wedging". Rain seeps into cracks of the rocks, and when the temperature drops the water freezes and expands, which creates larger cracks in the rocks.

20 minutes ago

I am blown away by this place!! Stunning views that make you just want to sit and enjoy for a while. Lots of shade throughout the hike to keep you from that hot sun! But there was a great breeze the whole way as well. We started the hike by going down the Navajo trail to queens. I’m glad because my legs were already shot from angels landing and observation point the day before! Well maintained trail. Definitely go!

great hike especially if you're short on time. Excellent views but heavily trafficked. We went counter- clockwise and wasn't too difficult.

Cool and amazing hike, but it gets crowded. Fairytale loop is nicer I think, but that's just me. Anyway, still worth doing.

great trail made the mistake of doing peek a boo on the top of this in one day.

Can’t say enough about Bryce Canyon. It’s simply one of the more beautiful natural spectacles in the United States. This trail, specifically, is one of the most popular, giving you the best views on a simple, short hike.

Recommend you do the loop in anti clockwise direction going down the Navajo trail.

Came here on Friday the 13th. Amazing views before descending down the switchbacks. Went from sunset point to Navajo loop and connected to queens garden. Wall Street side was closed as of the 13th.

Awesome!

Great hike many many great views. Definitely worth the drive. Temperature throughout the day was perfect.

amazing hike with so many great views of the hoodoos. Did this hike with our 6 year old and 13 year old and they managed very well. Definetly a must return hike for us.

This was a fun trail but busy since it was so close to the lodge. I walked this trail with my family and my 8.5 year old daughter had no trouble. It was really cool to be hiking in the canyon and seeing the hoodoos up close. Definitely agree on doing this trail counter-clockwise since the climb out wasn’t too difficult.

Nice view to have a close look at the hoodoos. The temperature is perfect during Spring Break. Cannot imagine how hot it can be during summer time.

Spectacular hike with some truly stunning views. I brought my kids (12, 10, and 8) down the Queen's Garden Trail, and back up the Two Towers. Snow was present at the higher end of the park, but everything was dry where we were. Trail was very crowded, which was the only drawback. They've also ran the trail through several man-made tunnels, which my kids loved. I'm excited to come back and try Peek a Boo loop and Wall Street (Wall was still closed for the winter as of early April, but I heard something about a rock slide there as well).

My kids could do this hike, although the uphill was a little rough on them. I think most adults or relatively energetic youth could do it. Two towers is steep but no dropoffs, while the Queen's Garden side is less steep but has sheer drops on some parts of the trail.

This might be my new favorite hike. Views and hike are just spectacular.

It was the best 3 Miles I have ever walked

Nice hike, some incline, but the hoodoos were nice to look at. The ranger recommend us to go down navojo and come up sunrise for an easier hike.

Gorgeous, great workout!

great hike that puts you directly in the hoodoos.

Majestic views throughout the trail. Truly unique canyon.

Extremely fun trail which offers great views of the canyon. Being down within the hoodoos is a spectacular feeling. I would recommend the counter-clockwise direction as it has a more gradual ascent that clockwise. I highly recommend this trail.

A moderate hike with awesome views. I would recommend doing this path in a counter-clockwise direction. Coming up the Navajo loop is really steep wheras if you go back up the canyon over by Sunrise point it'll be a lot more gradual.

Beautiful hike down through some incredible formations that include a couple of natural bridges. Some muddy sections this time of year.

This is a fantastic hike. You get to see so many sites with a limited number of miles. I enjoy being down among the hoodoos and seeing them stand over you provides a different perspective than when you are on the rim. This is a must do hike for any hikers visiting Bryce Canyon.

Wonderful trail to get up close and personal with the Hoo Doos. We added Peek-a-Boo loop. There was a bit of residual ice, snow, and red muddy slush on the trail, but traction was ok in hiking boots. Views were astonishing. We saw a herd of 15 deer at the bottom.A steep climb out, but worth it.

Just stunning. Not too bad snow wise but there was a storm coming in after we left so it might’ve all changed. A must do if you’re in Bryce.

First time here. Loved it. Gotta be prepared in all ways possible though, specially on this kind of weather (cloudy partially flakey).

Great hike. Not that many people for it being Spring Break so a lot of the trail was just myself and the kids. Feels like being on another planet.

Hiked this trail as part of the Figure 8 trail (7-mile) in the Park brochure. We hiked in March so there was still plenty of ice, snow and later in the morning mud on the ground We generally hike about 2.5-miles per hour but the scenery on this trail will slow you up for the photos. Although I would regard this trail as moderate the climb back up to the top past two bridges (Wall street side of Navajo is closed in the winter) is a little strenuous and will raise the heart rate. We did not need micro-spikes like on the peekaboo side of the figure 8

Hiked 02/20/18. Really pretty hike. There was a lot of snow on the trail and it was pretty chilly so make sure to bundle up this time of year & where proper hiking shoes!

Great trail that offers a variety of views. In the winter (I completed this hike in December), the Wall Street side of Navajo Loop is closed by the park, so I finished the loop on the Two Bridges side. I was sad to not see Wall Street, but was not at all disappointed by the Two Bridges side. This hike was not too difficult and worth every second.