Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail

Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Please note that the Wall Street portion is often closed due to freezing overnight temperatures. Other trails in the areas can still be used to make a full loop. This hike is considered by many to be the best way to see the hoodoos in Bryce Canyon. The views from Sunrise Point and Sunset Point on the rim area stunning, but you will experience an entirely different Bryce Canyon from the canyon floor while looking up at the hoodoos. You start by hiking down Wall Street, a narrow canyon with high rock walls on either side. Soon after, you will reach the flat canyon floor with the option to finish the Navajo Loop or continue on along the Queens Garden Trail to see more of the canyon. If you have time, hike on to Queens Garden where you will see some of the most spectacular formations in the park. After you final ascent up to the rim you will arrive at sunrise point with a final view of the canyon. Hoodoos go through several stages: First they start as plateaus and water erodes away the sides until they become fins. Once the things become fairly skinny, holes will erode in the middle of them, creating a window. Finally, after more erosion, the top of the windows will break away leaving a hoodoo in its place. In Bryce, most erosion occurs from "frost wedging". Rain seeps into cracks of the rocks, and when the temperature drops the water freezes and expands, which creates larger cracks in the rocks.

17 minutes ago

If you only can go to he too do it!! But....... the 3.5 mile loop is incredible!!!! Something walking amidst the hoodoo’s is in credible. Bring water it was hot and dry and the climb out in either direction takes some work. Went through Wall Street this time because last year it was closed due to rocks slides. If somehow you can see both (Wall Street and 2 bridges do it!! Well worth it

We too went from sunset point down and then up to sunrise point. We weren't sure if this was the best way. You hike up in the sun and if you hiked up on the Navajo part you would be at least in the shade. Great hike either way, a must do hike.

Beautiful hike on a well marked well travelled trail. We left sunrise point for Queens at 7:30am when crowds were minimal and weather was comfortable. We decided to go up Wall Street instead of Navajo and we were so glad we did!!!! Lots of shade and fabulous rock formations! By the time we were back to the rim most of the tourist busses were just starting to unload so we avoided the onslaught of people! This hike is a must do in Bryce!!!

friggen amazing. i went to the two bridges as well as part of the loop. its worth it

Combined this loop with Peakaboo. If you want to thoroughly experience the area, I'd recommend it.

Great hike to see Bryce!

Great hike. Beautiful views of God’s creation. Started 8:30am and went Sunset point down Navajo loop and Wall Street then Queen’s Garden then back up Sunrise point then Rim trail back to car. Did get a bit crowded as morning wore on but views are worth it.

Nice loop through some amazing formations. Better to go early in the day, as it can get warm and lots of people can be on the trails.

Gorgeous! Get there early to avoid the sun and the crowds. We arrived at sunrise and the lighting was perfect, had the trails practically to ourselves. Amazing hike

I did Navajo - Peek-a-boo - Bryce Point and then reconnected with Peek-a-boo and Navajo on my way back to loop it all together. Navajo was a beautiful trail that allows you to see the heart of the canyon. The problem is, which I've seen in other reviews, is the amount of tourists. We're talking busloads of tourists who are obnoxiously loud and have no trail courtesy. It caught me off guard so don't let it happen to you too. Just continue onto Peek-a-boo and you'll be amazed.

Just keep going and the crowds thin out and you get some great views!

A good trail, but incredibly busy in the summer. It was not very challenging except on the final switchbacks on Wall Street (I went clockwise). The views were pretty for sure and Wall Street was a great sight. It was just way too busy in the summer.

Absolutely gorgeous! I’d recommend starting at Queen’s Garden and then go through Navajo Loop. It’s a more gentle hike back up. Hiking down through QG was direct sunlight and the rocks were lit beautifully. Ending with Navajo Loop was a good recovery so we weren’t hiking back up in the direct sunlight. Loved it!

Started the trail around 11:30am. Took the advice of others and started at Sunset Point instead of Sunrise. Hiking back out at Sunrise was still a bit tough, especially with the extra weight of kids (I was carrying our 12.5lb baby and husband had our 35lb toddler) but it did seem like a gradual climb and we made it out alive! Lots of sunshine but enjoyed many areas of shade along the way. The views are absolutely breathtaking. Definitely recommend!

Did this trail (counterclockwise) in the late afternoon on 6/9. Aside from the crowds, the descent down on the Navajo Trail was out of this world. Feels like you’re on another planet. A must do in Bryce.

My husband and hiked the Navajo loop and Queen’s Garden 6/6/18. Temp was 75 deg with a breeze. We had a late start (11:00AM) due to me having altitude change symptoms. The views were spectacular!! Getting down to the base and seeing the structures up close is the best if you can manage the walking. There are many up and down switchbacks which can be tough on the knees, thighs and butt muscles. We both found our breathing tough at times due to altitude. It took us about 3 hours with many short stops as well as having a sandwich. Water is a must!! We both had our camel backs (3 liters) and drank most of it.

Hiked part of the rim trail, then down Navajo and up Queens. Very nice hike. Awesome scenery. Wall Street was closed while recovering from the winter

Mesmerizing views along a beaten and well maintained path. Despite the hot weather there were a number of shaded areas to stop and relax. We did it in three hours from sunset point to sunrise point at a very comfortable pace. A plethora of stops included to take pictures of the breathtaking views. Definitely a must see while in Bryce Canyon national park.

Great trail, hiking back to the Queen's Garden was worth the trip. Lots of things to see, and the trail is moderate. I would agree with other reviews that you should do the trail counter clockwise, the finish is easier that way.

awesome hike. do clockwise so you come up in shade

Really nice hike, and nothing super difficult by any means. I ended up doing Navajo --> Peekaboo --> Queens Garden and I would suggest this HIGHLY (instead of doing just Navajo and Queens Garden). Peekaboo provides some really awesome views the entire time, more than Navajo and Queens Garden combined. You are exposed to sunlight the ENTIRE time so wear sunscreen and bring a good amount of water. I started hiking around 12 and doing all 3 trails only took 3 hours (I took a ton of stops for pictures). Navajo and Queens Garden are full of people (there were to different sets of field trips going on when I was there), go to Peekaboo if you don't want to bump into people!

Trail provided good views of hoodoos.

Magical place to hike. I would suggest starting early before it gets too hot and to hike from Sunset Point on Navajo trail and end at Sunrise point. The climb up is less steep that way. Enjoy!

Like nothing I have seen before! Such a beautiful experience. We hiked the Navajo Trail to Queens Garden. It is a very steep decent.. take it slow and easy and where your hiking boots not tennis shoes! Once you get down the switchbacks its funny how there are not as many people as there are at the top! I am so thankful I did this hike! Beautiful. The elevation was tough coming from sea level. but easy does it!

This is a great hike. We did the entire loop with our 30lb toddler on our back. We switched half way. It was hot and tough with the altitude. It’s steep walking down and i wish I had poles for balance. We walked down sunset point and up sunrise point. Parking gets tough but there were rangers helping out and directing traffic.

A must do hike! Beautiful scenery

Beautiful- best way to see the hoodoos and fun landscape below. We parked at Sunset lot (it's tough to find parking at many of the lots, but you can park outside of the park and take the shuttle if you want). Wall St was closed while we were there. If you go down from Sunset, it's steep with many switch-backs all the way to the bottom, but the biggest hazard is from the people taking pictures. By the time you reach the bottom, it's more light-moderate traffic. The hike up to the Sunrise point is much more gradual than going up the switch-backs to Sunset.

Magical yes! For an easier uphill climb go counterclockwise.

It feels like you are in a magical hoodoo fairyland! Step descent and climb up, but the middle is flat. I recommend going down sunset point and coming up sunrise, it's a little easier that way. The steep parts are fairly short and SOOOO worth it. It really is moderate, but have good shoes as some parts are easy to slip with steep drop-offs. Getting to walk down into Bryce is a MUST! One of my favorite parks!