Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail

Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 623 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: As of May 2019, Navajo Trail is CLOSED. Please check with the park website for updates. Please note that portions of this loop may close due to weather and freezing overnight temperatures. Other trails in the areas can still be used to make a full loop. This hike is considered by many to be the best way to see the hoodoos in Bryce Canyon. The views from Sunrise Point and Sunset Point on the rim area stunning, but you will experience an entirely different Bryce Canyon from the canyon floor while looking up at the hoodoos. You start by hiking down Wall Street, a narrow canyon with high rock walls on either side. Soon after, you will reach the flat canyon floor with the option to finish the Navajo Loop or continue on along the Queens Garden Trail to see more of the canyon. If you have time, hike on to Queens Garden where you will see some of the most spectacular formations in the park. After you final ascent up to the rim you will arrive at sunrise point with a final view of the canyon. Hoodoos go through several stages: First they start as plateaus and water erodes away the sides until they become fins. Once the things become fairly skinny, holes will erode in the middle of them, creating a window. Finally, after more erosion, the top of the windows will break away leaving a hoodoo in its place. In Bryce, most erosion occurs from "frost wedging". Rain seeps into cracks of the rocks, and when the temperature drops the water freezes and expands, which creates larger cracks in the rocks.

Incredibly beautiful hike. Many people. Bring water

Hiked with DH and 2 twenty-somethings who left us in their dust - literally and figuratively! Very nice hike. We took sunset to sunrise direction. There’s more shade on sunset side before noon. But switchbacks on that side. I’m a 50-something, so preferred the easier way back up at the end of the hike. Easier is a relative term. It’s still uphill at the end of the hike. But it was worth it. Hiking amongst the hoo-doos was a unique experience. Beautiful!

Second time doing this hike and both times it has enchanted me. I'm more of a mountains and trees kinda girl than a desert scenery kinda girl but I just LOVE this hike! highly recommend taking this loop hike in a clockwise manner. This makes the incline on the way up short and steep which I prefer over long and grueling.

Hiked 7/11/19 appx 3-5pm. This is one of the best short hikes I’ve ever done! The top of Sunset Point was very crowded and had a lot of obnoxious kids (teenagers). I took the Wall Street route to start and there were probably 4-5 people on each level of the switchbacks going down. However, by the time I reached the bottom the crowds had thinned considerably. I accidentally took the route to Peekaboo instead of Queen’s Garden which was easily preventable if I would have seen the signs. No big deal, the whole area is cool, I just came back when I realized my mistake. I loved walking through all the hoodoos and the little tunnels in the fins. No wonder this hike is so popular, it’s super rad! There were a lot of gnats and I feel like my bug spray helped.

This was a great trail!!! We went at 5:00 pm and the majority of the hike was shaded. We had 5 kids, ages 5-15, and it was the perfect hike for them... interesting, not too hard, and shaded. Be sure to wear bug spray... we forgot and that was a little miserable. Also, I read on here to go down the Wall Street side of the hike first... the red line on this map doesn’t follow Wall Street... you’ll get to a point within the first little bit where you’ll need to pick a direction... go right toward the middle.

East side of the Navajo loop reopened today! We know because we accidentally went that way & missed Wall Street. Beautiful hike anyway!

Beautiful hike. Switchbacks were fun for the family, but were very crowded on a Saturday afternoon.

This one is worth the crowds (and they thin out as you keep going). You get to see many dimensions of Bryce in a very short time. This one really is a 'must do'. The actual Queen's Garden is not much to see, but the path to get there is awesome. You have intermittent shade at the bottom and plenty of good spots to take a breather, if you need. My friend and I did this is just about an hour at a steady pace, with stopping time for pictures and a ranger chat.

Breath taking.

Probably the best loop trail in Bryce to see all beautiful places!

Navajo to Queens Garden, 6:45-9:21

Start on the Wall Street side and definitely take The Queen’s Garden loop.

Wonderful trail. Very crowded.

Fun hike with amazing views. Part of the Navajo trail is closed but you can hike up the other part of the loop.

Great hike. I used the Wallstreet side of Navajo Loop, did Peekaboo Loop and finished up with Queens Garden. Very busy

Awesome and a quick way to see this great park. It took me 1 hours and lots of pics.

Gorgeous hike, we started by going down the Wall Street area and our ascent at the end wasn't as steep as it would have been going the other direction. It's busy right at the start and finish but for the vast majority of the hike we were mostly by ourselves.

Jaw dropping beauty!! No words for wha waits around every corner!

go down the Wall Street side - the descent into the canyon is beautiful...come back up via Queen's Garden...crowded but one of the two best hikes our family did out of all the Parks in Utah...kids loved it - looks like your on another planet...there is some decent shade...pretty significant elevation change - we did a lot of rest stops

Very cool but I recommend the longer trails as these can get pretty busy

Beautiful hike. Very crowded.

You should do this loop if you want to experience Bryce at its best. Pair this with the Peekaboo loop for a solid ~6 mile hike.

Was a super beautiful hike, and a great preview for those who may want more of a trek. This trail was VERY popular, almost too popular for me. Even though it was so crowded, I was still able to stand in awe of some of the hoodoos. Very neat hike but very crowded.

Trail is easy to get down, tough to get back up, I'd call it moderate. best views are at top of queens garden.

Beautiful place overall. Great Instagram hike that looks like you’re on another planet. Loaded with tourists.

stunning hike. go early gets crowded. and it gets hot. wear sunblock and bring water.

Navajo Loop was closed so the full loop could not be done unfortunately....had to go out and back on the QG portion. Limited shade, but some at least. A must do hike to get the full effect of the hoodoos. Really awesome!

Descending into the amphitheater in Bryce Canyon National Park almost feels like exploring a different planet. Seeing the hoodoos from above is nothing short of spectacular, but walking amongst them at ground level is something entirely magical. Navajo Loop was closed in April, so it was an out and back on Queens Garden. Definitely a tradeoff not being able to see more of the amphitheater in return for enjoying cooler temperatures, but still plenty to enjoy and explore. The elevation gain makes it a pretty good workout getting back up and out, but stopping to rest for a couple minutes gives you all the more opportunity to enjoy the views!