Naomi Peak Trail

Naomi Peak Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

2011 feet

Mount Naomi

Failed hike
4/20/18 The road leading up in the shadow of the hill had snow on the road. The snow made 6-8" high speed bumps which, because of my clearance and the grade of the hill, my Honda Accord would not make it. We nearly got stuck after driving 3.5 hours to get to that point from Idaho Falls, Idaho.
The road conditions past where we were did not get any better. I got out to see if it would be worth getting stuck, but sheets of ice and ruts of snow greater than 8" high was enough to make the choice for me.
We could have probably walked 5 mi up the road (from the overlook at 41.876205, -111.572547) to the trail head, but we ended up going to the Wind Cave closer to Logan which was pretty great and doable with the remaining daylight.

The terrain on this hike was so interesting. The limestone made interesting landforms. There were also some springs coming out of the mountain.

The trail for Naomi Peak and White Pine Lake is the same leaving the Tony Grove parking lot, but pretty soon they branch. A little further there is another chance to peel off to White Pine Lake, and after that it is on to Naomi Peak. This is a fairly steady uphill, with one dip along the way, and as others have pointed out, there is no shade along the way, as the trees are sparse. The trail is very easy to follow and there were no parts that were tricky or required special skills, except one icy patch that wouldn't be there earlier in the season. The views towards the top are fantastic. This late in the year, there were a few significant patches of snow here and there, but this only impacted the trail in a couple places. The road up to Tony Grove is paved the whole way.

The view is worth every ounce of effort. Not too technical, for the most part, but there are definitely some more rocky and steep parts. I love the different color wildflowers in July!

nice climb with beautiful views and pretty wildflowers. Plenty of sun exposure but air temps are perfect this time of year. My gps clocked it in at 6.6 miles though.

Absolutely beautiful when you get to the top. This is a hiking trail, it would not be good for trail running. Go early, not a lot of shade on this one.

what a Hike with a great view, A hike I would do again.

We dropped our packs and set up camp about halfway in and then climbed the rest of the trail on Sunday, July 2nd. About halfway you encounter quite a few snowfields that make the going tougher and following the trail becomes a lot of guesswork - harder on the return journey, so pay attention. I would recommend trekking poles, although the snow was melting fast. Be prepared to slide a good part of the way down on your butt. Our 8-year old with no hiking experience did it, so most could. Cool temperatures made it excellent in the heat wave. There are sheer cliffs on the north side of the peak, beautiful views nearly everywhere you look. The wildflowers were gorgeous. Water on the trail comes from snowmelt; either carry a couple of liters each or be prepared to filter.

Did this hike on July 4th 2017 and lost the trail about half way up due to snow. We made it to the peak but without a trail you're basically climbing straight up the mountain to get to the top. Good hike, beautiful view, and we got to glissade down which cut a good mile off of the total hike. We'll undoubtedly do it again.

Monday, February 27, 2017

We hiked this towards the end of July. Fun hike will do it again.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

This one offered great incline! Not extremely long. It took us a total of 3 hours to complete. Its a little bland at the top. Not the best views at the top but it offered nice views throughout the hike

Thursday, September 01, 2016

This was a great hike. I really enjoyed the changes in landscape all the way to the top. Trail kicked my butt on the way down (bad knees) but it was well worth it. Temps were in the upper 70's and there was a small breeze at times. View from the top is worth the effort.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

We barely made it to the High Creek trailhead since the road condition is nearing the end of the season. We took the south fork and enjoyed the 4 bridges we crossed. We were pressed for time so we only went in 2 miles then had to turn back. Campsites are free along the road and there are lots of spots. I would love to go back again. The highlight was stopping at the Fat Boy & Pepperidge Farm outlets in Richmond on the way back home.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Wonderful hike. it's a hard trail. easy to follow. great breeze today to keep us cool.

Monday, August 01, 2016

great. wildflowers were spectacular!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Took the kids and we all had a great time. The kids had a blast "snowboarding" in the snow!

Monday, July 18, 2016

I was staying at Rendezvous Beach on Bear Lake and drove up to take this hike (20-30 min drive). The hike is excellent and not very hard. I would rate it easy to moderate. Lovely wildflowers and great views from top. About 7 miles round trip and took around 4 hours. Great for dogs too. The peak is more like a high point on a ridge and easy to get to. Great views out to the west desert area of Utah and up to Idaho. A few steeper areas but mostly gentle uphill with good trail. Parking is $6 and good restrooms at parking lot. Well worth the time.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

We were headed to Cherry Peak but couldn't summit due to snow... Best to wait until mid July.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Great hike! Difficult and steep in some areas, but doable for most people. Awesome views! I went in early September, and missed the wild flowers, but I'm told they are gorgeous and everywhere if you go July sometime.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

This trail is on my top 15 list of trails in Utah.

Monday, October 26, 2015

This is an awesome hike that leads to amazing views!

Monday, September 07, 2015

A great Peak Trail. The weather was perfect. The rain from the night before brought down the temps and kept the dust away. A very enjoyable trail with a lot to keep the eyes busy. It got a little windy on top, but not enough to keep us from exploring the ridge lines. A great way to spend Labor Day Weekend.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Great hike. Was a bit harder than I thought but well worth it. Views are fantastic and trail is great.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Great views. Steep in a few parts. Took 4 hours total.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

This is a great hike! My family did it last July and there was still a little slow to traverse. Our 6 and 4 year olds did it without too much trouble. It took us about 3.5 hours total.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fantastic hike with a lot of interesting geological features. A little rocky on some parts of the trail but overall well maintained. A few (I believe 3) very steep parts but they are short. The view from the top is beautiful.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Great trail but well used due to trails further in like High Creek Lake. It's an easy peak to bag since it's only a 3.2 mile hike from the Tony Grove Lake trail-head. The hike is up hill all the way, rocky and almost always in the sun, although there are shaded tree spots to rest in. The trail itself is well maintained and the peak has awesome views.