Mt. Timpanogos - Timpooneke Trail

Mt. Timpanogos - Timpooneke Trail is a 14.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Lovely sunny day. Minimally icy. Summited in 3:35 without pushing too hard.
Route finding up on to the saddle a mile before summit a bit tricky.

it was actually pretty darn easy. I summited in under 4 hours while going at a slow pace. The neighbor to the north Box Elder peak is by far a harder hike.

Difficult yet rewarding hike. Best to do this hike in September or October when the temperatures decline. Bring plenty water and your camera!

Beautiful hike! My husband and I did this hike on October 9th and the fall colors were amazing! We didn't summit because of time constraints, but we made it 5 mi in and 3100 ft up in about 2.5 hours. There was snow and ice on parts of the trail, which was a little nerve wracking because we didn't have crampons and if we had slipped, we could have fallen down a steep slope. We heard from other hikers that the trail is very icy where it splits to the summit. I would definitely recommend crampons. We met Ben on the trail. Super cool guy and he helped us through some of the icy bits.

Started at 6:00, summitted by 11:00, back down at 3:00. Easy hike to the saddle. From there it gets cold and windy, also more rocky. Very easy to lose the trail, pay close attention to switchbacks. A few scary spots but nothing serious. Bring warm clothes for the top. Super cold. Views are amazing and whole hike is worth it. Met Ben & hiked with him for a mile or two. Awesome guy.

Love this hike...it's hard but so rewarding

Even in a snow storm: awesome hike!

Even in a snow storm: awesome hike!

Hiked to the top for sunrise, breathtaking view. Difficult but worth it!!!

Incredible hike.. 24km round trip... gorgeous all day

Hiked up to to the lake/pond right below the summit. Beautiful views of Pesci canyon below. 3/4 waterfalls on your way up to the top. You'll see mountain goats at the top. I hiked up with a 3 year old in my back back. It was an exhausting day when I finish. Body was absolutely shot.

awesome hike

Long trail but manageable because of the switch backs. The incline is more gradual the trail going up the mountain. Beautiful wild flowers cover most of the trail. Fortunate enough to see some deer and several mountain goats at the summit. Summit might be confusing. I originally got off the trail and came back down. I then ran into Ben Woolsey (awesome dude) who allowed me to follow him up the mountain. Views from the saddle are amazing but don't stop there. Make sure you go to the summit. It's totally worth it even if you're a little scared like I was. Find someone to follow up. Take plenty of water (at least 3 liters) and food. Go on a weekday when it's not super crowded. I hiked alone and there were plenty of people on the trail.

difficult, but so worth it. i love starting at night and being up top for sunrise.

Made summit after 3 attempts on Saturday. 5.5 hours up. 4.5 hours back. Parking lot full at 10a. Pretty cold from saddle to summit. Gloves would have helped. But fantastic hike!