Mt. Timpanogos - Timpooneke Trail

Mt. Timpanogos - Timpooneke Trail is a 14.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Mt. Timpanogos- Timpanooke Way is a 15 mile out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for camping & hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

As of 4-22-17 is this trail hikable? Do you need snowshoes or any other equipment? Looking at hiking this next weekend.

Love this hike. I have hiked this twice - the first time starting at 1:30 in the morning and getting to the summit for sunrise. The second time we brought in a tent and camped in the valley before the final ascent and finished in the morning. The trail can be tough on soft shoes - I recommend a harder sole for walking on the rocks. I plan on doing this again (at least once a year).

Excellent trail. We even found a monarch butterfly at the summit. The mountain goats were very used to us. I wish we spent more time on the mountain. We got a late start and finished in the dark. My gps gave us a little more distance than 14.5mi. I got 17.2 from my Garmin on the trip. It did take a little longer than we hoped and finding a spot to park was rough. The trip was worth it!!

This was a beautiful hike. I hadn't been hiking for a long time and was still able to make it up and back in an reasonable time.

Gorgeous views. Outstanding. Really wish I hadn't waited so long to do this hike.

I have done both timp trails. They are beautiful and fully worth the effort

It was a good hike long and hard at times but totally worth it in the end!!!

This is the most beautiful and rewarding hike I've ever done. The wildflowers are stunning in July, and you can't beat the views from the top. I loved seeing the mountain goats.

BEAT.

So much fun

The large meadow Below the summit is beautiful with its wide open views and wild flowers.

It was difficult at parts but one of the most beautiful Trails I've ever been on. I would recommend this Trail to anyone. I would recommend that you at least make it to the saddle if nothing else.

Did this hike September 28th and there was lots of snow in the bowl. A beautiful hike. We started at 8am and finished at 6pm with breaks. Only made it to the bowl because the summit was too covered in snow. A total of 13 miles for us. I will definitely be back next summer to finish :)

Rated 5 stars by far. So amazing. There is so much to see and amazing views the whole way. Does not feel as long as it really is because it is so beautiful. I would highly recommend going all the way up to the summit. DO NOT STOP AT THE SADDLE. If you already go that far, you might as well go all the way and sign the registry and see everything you can. It is very windy towards the summit but there are nice places to sit near the saddle where the wind doesn't hit you. After reading other reviews, I think we got pretty lucky because there was only one other person up at the summit when we got there and we stayed for a good half hour. Also did not pass many people on the way up which was weird because it was a perfect day. We saw more people going up as we were coming down at night around 8pm. We started in the afternoon and the hike took us 8 and a half hours. We never ran and took lots of breaks. Fitbit says I burned 3067 calories which I will take.

Bring gloves in October. Perfectly still first 6 miles to the saddle, then 70 mph wind gusts!

We hiked this for the first time 2 days ago. Amazing hike! Steady climb but nothing too steep. We read up a lot on it and went well prepared. Started early, the temp was cool but pleasant. Took a few layers off as the day warmed up. By the upper bowl we were putting some layers back on. There was a fair amount of snow along the ridge line and up to the summit. A storm blew in and the temps changed quickly and drastically at the top. It dropped to below freezing and clouds were too thick to see any view from the tower. Our water bottles started to freeze up. All of our gear was sufficient with the exception of our gloves. I've never had my hands get that cold that fast. We did use our ice cleats for the descent. Overall a fantastic hike! Go prepared for anything! We will definitely tackle it in the spring again. Hopefully we'll get to see the view!

I hiked this yesterday and let me just tell you- it was the most rewarding feeling to accomplish. My group each brought 2 extra coats and a pair of hand gloves just in case. By the end of the hike we used everything we brought with us. The hike was very snowy once we reached the meadow but we were able to make it through-steep and a little bit muddy in some areas but as we got to the top surprisingly it wasn't too bad. Getting to the shack and seeing the view was worth every minute, make sure you wear a good pair of actual hiking boots on this one.