Mount Timpanogos Trail from Aspen Grove

Mount Timpanogos Trail from Aspen Grove is a 14.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

There are two trails to the top of Timpanogos. This is the Aspen Grove trail. The other trail is the Timpooneke Trail. The Aspen Grove trail initially contains many switchbacks featuring many waterfalls and amazing views. The trail reaches a beautiful meadow area with some small lakes and the well-known Emerald Lake. The trail then stretches towards the saddle across a boulder field where it joins with the Timpooneke trail offering great views of Utah Valley. The trail then travels up the ridge towards the summit.

59 minutes ago

Started at 5:30am made it to the summit by 10:30. Beautiful waterfalls! Don't try to sled down the glacier my friend had to be lifted out with a broken ankle via chopper. Definitely an intense hike.

Beautiful hike, not for the faint of heart or out of shape. I've done this twice now, first time starting at 2:00 AM and we made it to the saddle by sunrise. Very windy and cold, so bring some jackets!

Second time we started at 12:45 AM and made it to the peak by sunrise, very beautiful. If you're not doing anything the day after, highly recommend starting at midnight. Avoid the heat of the sun, and you can see both the city lights at night and the sunrise.

I did 6 times the two different trails;Super awesome.
I will continue to do so.....

Beautiful hike. Well worth the trek. We slid down the glacier/snowfield but would not recommend it because a young man not in our group slid down right after us and cut open his knee after hitting a rock. We saw around 30 mountain goats all along our trail. Amazing vistas of the mountain west. It was incredible and I recommend it.

A challenging and great trail. You never know what to expect. Prepare for everything! I've done this probably 20 times. This side is more scenic and more enjoyable than the Timpanookee side in my opinion.

July 21st me and a few friends hiked up at 6pm planing to camp below emerald lake then early in the morning hike up to the top there was a lot more snow than I thought up there we ended up not hiking to the top but we saw quite a few people going up.