Mount Olympus Trail

Mount Olympus Trail is a 10.1 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 10.1 km Elevation Gain: 1,260 m Route Type: Out & Back

Climb 4,000 feet on this great trail to fantastic views over the Wasatch Valley and Salt Lake City. This is a steep, Class 3 climb up 4,000 ft. to the top of a peak with great views over Salt Lake City and the surrounding Wasatch Mountains. You will be surprised at how abruptly you leave the bustling city below and find yourself high in an alpine environment. This is a good peak for budding mountaineers to start with.

One of the most difficult yet super fun hikes I’ve done. I have done it about 3 times and the views never get old, gorgeous views of the valley once you get to the top you feel like you can do anything!

Perfect weather. Trail nearly completely clear. Slight bit of black ice towards top in patches. Brought micro spikes, didn’t use them.

What a beast!! Not from here and this is my 2nd time. I met a man named DWAYNE the last time. He told me keep your toes pointing forward on the down and don’t stop if you slip, momentum will get you through. He also said trust your shoes. If you come across this Dwayne, thank you!! I did better and ran down again some! No snow, beautiful day. Lots of people. Some parts seemed a little more loamy to me this time. Maybe from the previous snow then it melting. What a tough hike! Love the challenges of this mountain.

Hiked on Saturday, 11/16. What a beast! Like climbing three miles of stairs. Beautiful scenery and views. Little bit of ice near the top but not worth bringing spikes, etc. Took me 4 hours up, 2 down. I think this is a good estimate for the non-regular (or rusty) hiker. I think some did it in about half that.

Hiked 11/9 from 11-2. Some snow and ice near the saddle. Although it’s slick in places my micro spikes helped but weren’t needed. Couple sections we lifted our pups up the scramble at the summit. I’ve been staring at this mountain from our kitchen window since we moved to SLC and it was nice to check her off our list. Will probably only use this as a hard incline training day in the future. With 4000 ft ascent in 3 miles this incline is no joke up and down.

Bring micro spikes / etc. a bit icy

Went 11/9 all the way to the top. A little snow at the very peak, but spikes not needed right now.

Icy near the saddle. Saw several mountain goats near the top.

flooded
icy

Dig, was real icy, REAL ICY. Mostly towards the top. Bring traction devices and grippy shoes.

icy

Perfect weather! Quite slippery towards the top so wear shoes with traction! 11/2/19

icy

Icy at the 3 mile mark and snow at the peak. Micro spikes recommended. Great hike otherwise.