Mount Olympus Trail

Mount Olympus Trail is a 6.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.3 miles Elevation Gain: 4,133 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Climb 4,000 feet on this great trail to fantastic views over the Wasatch Valley and Salt Lake City. This is a steep, Class 3 climb up 4,000 ft. to the top of a peak with great views over Salt Lake City and the surrounding Wasatch Mountains. You will be surprised at how abruptly you leave the bustling city below and find yourself high in an alpine environment. This is a good peak for budding mountaineers to start with.

icy

I needed something to do for an hour so I went as far as I could and back. Looks like a well traveled hike to my turn around. Spikes are a must for the icy spots. I'll return to this one and go further.

I summited today (January 11, 2020 around noon) with my small, black miniature poodle. At the peak, a man named Dwain took a picture of us with his camera, he said he hikes Mount Olympus about once a week. I need to find him because my phone was dead so I didn't get any other pictures of us.

icy

Very cute, lots of firs and aspens. Whole hike is steep and grindy. Last half mile is a sketchy scramble with no trail markings. Me and my friends destroyed all the try hards heading up, and ran down cause it hurts your knees less.

icy

First Olympus Winter summit !

icy

Made it to the summit lots of snow and ice after the streak crossing recommend crampons

icy

Great night hike with friends despite the cold weather. Steep climb after you cross the stream and an intense, but short, scramble at the top. If you go while snow is on the ground be acutely aware of postholing between rocks during the scramble.

Pretty cool hike. Made it about three miles before I realized I was wearing the wrong shoes. Super rocky and all I had on was sneakers.

icy

It was hard but rewarding. There is an icy section before the saddle that would be better with microspikes. It is still doable without. I ditched my poles for the scramble to the top. Could have left my pack too. It’s nice up top but now it is colder there isn’t much reason to linger up there. My only complaint is that you can hear the highway a third to halfway up the trail.