EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Mount Olympus Trail

Mount Olympus Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Climb 4,000 feet on this great trail to fantastic views over the Wasatch Valley and Salt Lake City. This is a steep, Class 3, climb up 4,000 to the top of a peak with great views over Salt Lake City and the surrounding Wasatch Mountains. You will be surprised at how abruptly you leave the bustling city below and find yourself high in an alpine environment. This is a good peak for budding mountaineers to start with.

So hard, but this incredible view from the top is the best reward! That was my first hike and it took 4 hours to get the top. So I spent 2 hours for 2/3 of the way and 2 more for the rest. The last "1mile" was soooo hard. Lots of rocks and I was taking the brake every 10 min. But I already said the view from the top will push you up anytime when you gonna give up.

My first time, loved it! I hiked and summited Mt Olympus in just under 2 hours, no food/water. Loved the sunset views on my descent! Definitely recommend and would enjoy hiking again!

This is one tough hike, definitely earns the hard rating. It's not for everyone, as it seems to just get steeper the whole way. However it was one of the most fun trails I've been on. Well managed and clear, and the scramble up to the summit was new to me so a good challenge. If you're afraid of heights go with a friend or be wary of the last scramble!

Variety of scenery the entire time. The last stretch is wooded and the entire hike after the midway point is steep. Well worth the hike if you can get through it!

Beautiful and easy to navigate but steep!

found a pair of trekking poles on Olympus near the summit yesterday. email me if they belong to you. out of town for the next couple weeks, but will get back to you eventually
amykski@msn.com

fun hike but really hard. The view at the top is amazing.

First of all let me say I'm giving it a four for the hardware is that it was. Just because of my own opinion; We will not be doing this one again. Definitely would want to leave early in the morning as we did, six Dash 630. Definitely a hard hike up in the view is definitely worth it. not a whole lot of traffic. It's definitely something you do not want to do alone or without sufficient water. Going to the top requires some heads up traversing and again not something you want to do by yourself. We passed several hikers with just one little bottle of water. We took a water bottles. Shared one with a hiker who was un prepared. If you are a beginner to average hiker I would say plan for many stops to catch your breath. And again plenty of water:)
The hike back down was brutal at some point you think your kneecaps are going to explode with the steepness and ruggedness of it. Of course in the end yes we are definitely glad we did the hike.
Enjoy, be safe, don't forget the water ;-) and do not throw your trash in the hole in the rocks at the top.