Mount Aire Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,945 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The trail climbs steeply the entire way. The summit is really a long ridge and have view of parts of Salt Lake city, Parley's Canyon, Lambs Canyon and of course Mill Creek Canyon where the trail starts. Note: If you want to hike this trail prior to July 1st you have to either walk up the road (adding 3 miles roundtrip) or take the pipeline trail - gate at Maple Grove closes in the winter.

The leaves were beautiful. Perfect out and back with my dog. We even saw a moose just off the trail. A little steep at times but so worth it. Started at 9am and only saw two others on the trail.

Nice uphill climb, quiet and serene, lot of people. Wear pants, bring jacket, water and snacks.

Steep but pretty. ALSO: I GOT MY CAR BROKEN INTO AT THIS TRAILHEAD. BEWARE. Lock busted, 3 credit cards stolen. If anyone else was here 9/15 from 12-4pm, check and make sure you didn’t have anything stolen.

Pretty steep, 50/50 mix of sun and shade. Nice views, would do again

Someone tried to break into my car. Busted lock, but door remained locked. Kind of wish I left it unlocked because $350 to replace lock vs an old sleeping bag the person could have had! Trail is ok. Probably nicer now with aspen on the opposite mountainside. Somewhat steep. Most people use it for training. Recent pics: https://etbtravelphotography.com/2019/09/29/hikes-in-mill-creek-canyon/

Great hike with good elevation gain. The view at the top is spectacular. You can see lambs canyon on one side and the Great Salt Lake on the other side. The trail after the saddle is somewhat over-grown but still manageable. There weren’t many people on the trail at all, it made me wonder if it was because of the hard rating. Don’t let that scare you off. It’s a good climb with lots to see. After the hike we crossed the street and walked up a bit and found a great place to soak our feet.

Aggressive bear in area signs are out, may want bear spray just in case. We had no signs or tracks of any but better safe than eaten. Lots of scrub oak so I recommend long pants for protection. Not too steep, just slow steady uphill push. Great views all around. Enjoy!!

Didn’t make it up due to a big storm rolling in and feeling too exposed up on that top section. Got hailed on during the decent!

Hot & sunny. Great views of Mount Olympus, Kennecott copper mine, the Great Salt Lake, Salt Lake City, and Parleys.

She’s small but fierce! Amazing view at the top I feel like I could see all the way to Idaho from up there!

We really enjoyed this trail, on my GPS from the parking lot to summit was 4mi, 1,800ft elevation gain. It is a steady steep climb, and the trail does narrow to overgrown bushes but all in all a great trail. Would recommend.

Great trail with a stunning view and open to dogs. However, it was a lot steeper than I thought so prepare for that

Beautiful trail. I didn't have much time so wanted something relatively short but with reasonable elevation gain - this was perfect! Took me about 2.5 hours total including time at the top enjoying the views and some stops for pictures along the way.

I agree with others - I was worried about the steep grade of this hike. However, it didn’t feel that bad and it seemed to be longer (so less elevation gain per mile). I went at a steady pace with plenty of water breaks and did well. I had a small breakfast and snack at the top, which was fine. Great for pups! Would recommend longer pants, as the path is thick with brush (though clearly visible). I was more comfortable that way. Didn’t use hiking poles, though I suppose you could. May be difficult to maneuver at times given the brush on the sides of the trail. Shade on and off until you get closer to the top. You’ll reach a big fork at one point. Go right and follow the map.

Still some wildflowers on the trail. It took me around 2 hours top to bottom. I would guess it’s more like 4 miles instead of 3. A good, steep, hike

I was nervous about how steep this is per the stats, but I think the trail is maybe just a tad longer than advertised, so it's closer to the 1000ft/mile grade. If you can do Mount Wire on one of the trailheads coming up from the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, you can do this. The trail actually gets easier from the saddle, because the switchbacks don't have any crazy steep parts. An early start means some peaceful solitude on the expansive peak, with nice cool breezes.

Super steep the entire way. I was happy to call it good when I reached saddle, not knowing if that was the end or not. Apparently it wasn’t! Still spectacular views from the saddle.

Steeper than I was expecting. Somewhat overgrown and very little shade at the switchbacks above the saddle. That said, it’s a nice view from the top. Decent short hike if you’re in the area.

Little overgrown. Wish I wore pants instead of shorts but the scratches on my legs were worth it for the views. My dog and I had a wonderful time.

Hiked this in the late afternoon August 2. Elevation gain was a little under 1900’ in under 2 miles. It’s a pretty good bit of climbing the entire time. I completed it in around 1hr 45min. Great hike to do on a whim or the late afternoon in the summer. Took about a little over an hour to reach the top at an ok pace. Very little exposure with forest most of the way! Sunscreen not really required. Some slippery parts on the way down. Bring good soles. A little over grown but I didn’t get any ticks on me.