Mormon Pioneer Trail

Mormon Pioneer Trail is a 18.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

This is an amazing fall hike. Beware of bikers, they will run you over... Personally, I wouldn't rate this trail as moderate because it's not that difficult. It's not a flat walk, but it's also not a hard hike at all.

Lots of bikers. Easily 15+ bikes on a 2 mile round trip trail. Not awesome with a 6 and 8 year old in tow.

We started the trail where it crosses over the road from the west side to the east side (there is a small bathroom and sign saying “Mormon Pioneer Trail”). Gorgeous trail! How is it possible that being a descendant of Mormon pioneers I have never been on this trail? Loved the beauty and history in every step. We hiked to Little Dell Reservoir which was the most gorgeous teal blue today. Great for the whole family. Maybe 3.5 miles round trip.

Not super hard. It’s a good trail for hiking alone, lots of wildlife, and peace and quiet. I ended up walking the road until it intersects with the trail, and then took the trail back, so I made it a loop. I loved this trail! I’m sure it will be less dead and more green in a few months.

Gradual hike and deep green foliage along creek. I can’t imagine Mormons not flocking here to experience this historic hike.

Challenging hike today, needing several types of footware; boots, spikes, and snowshoes. Ice at the trailhead transitioning to deeper snow. Great trail for a great winter workout.

easy, but gorgeous hike, especially in fall!

Beautiful hike in fall the colors are so vibrant esp when the sun shines... Apparently no dogs allowed as it's watershed, I wasn't aware of it -
Will definitely do it again in winter snow shoeing...

We started at the Resevor, which is level, As you continue up the trail it becomes a steady incline. We stopped at the road before the switchbacks, which is a difficult climb. The ride down is fun, we had some riders come up the Hwy and turn in to go down the trail. We passed 2 riders on the trail, which is good, because coming down at speed on a narrow path with vegetation blocking much of a view means not running into hikers or riders coming up the trail.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Walked from Affleck Park down to Little Dell Reservoir. This is roughly 2.4 miles on a gradual downhill slope. It had rained this morning and our evening hike was cool and fresh. The trails winds through oak and maple forests along Dell Creek with occasional stands of tall cottonwoods. This is a very good quick getaway from the city. Several put-in points allows you to tailor the length of your hike along this trail.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Started at the top of the road and road down with my family and picked up at the bottom. Fun ride

recorded Mormon Pioneer Trail