Moonflower Canyon Trail is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 121 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Short, shady & easy! Perfect for people with little ones.

Must’ve missed something- all I saw was sand and poison ivy...

Fun little hike. We finished in less than 30 mins, but it was an ok trail with the dogs. Some parts were muddy and snow covered , but it can be expected in January.

Hikes this while I camped at the campground. Nice easy hike

This was an incredible hike! I went with my 63-year-old mother and it was gentle yet so fun for both of us. We also found the hike to be so beautiful. Nobody was around and we felt like we had the entire canyon to ourselves. I have experienced Canyonlands and Arches and I honestly felt this place was just as beautiful. Perfect stopover.

Nice and short, pond is a little small but we’ve been getting some much needed rain! 11/20/19

Lots of poison ivy. Short & sweet. Stagnant pond was a temperature drop. But definitely infested with mosquitoes.

Fun short trail! Sand at the start gets hot in the afternoon. I recommend booties if you are bringing your pup. Once you get back to the pool you can feel the cool sand and it is mostly shaded. It was our oasis on a 100 degree day with our pup.

Just okay. Lots of poison ivy in July. Mosquitos by the large puddle (aka pond) that followed me most of the way out. Easy, short out and back.

Thu Jun 06 2019

There is a significant amount of poison ivy towards the walls. Be careful. It was pretty meh. I needed a quick hike in and out just to stretch my legs so this did the trick. Easy for kids but again, there’s a lot of poison ivy and places to potentially veer off. I couldn’t quite tell what was the trail or dried river bed ¯\(°_o)/¯

Tue May 28 2019

nice short trail for kids under 6 years old. The waterfall was dry, however there was a mini pond.

Tue May 14 2019

Short easy trail went in May lots of poison ivy. Good for a short hike.

Wed May 01 2019

Cool short hike

Wed Apr 10 2019

took my son and dog there they both had pretty fun for their first hike. easy and shaded. had no issues and didn't see poisen ivy.

Sat Mar 23 2019

Fri Mar 01 2019

We were looking for a short trail to hike before we got back on the road and this trail delivered. It was short, but beautiful and our dog enjoyed it very much.

Sat Feb 16 2019

Ok, fun for kids. Easy short trail. We went in Feb right after a rain, so no poison ivy but pretty muddy. Easy quick hike right outside of Moab.

Thu Jan 17 2019

great short hike, even in the winter!

Mon Jan 07 2019

such a cute little trail into a truly special location! short trail, flat and even, we went with lots of snow on the ground and had no issues. ends at a cute pond and the canyon walls are just stunning. we went at sunset and the light illuminating the canyon was beautiful and then ran across the street to the colorado river to catch the rest! definitely check it out if you have an extra 30 minutes in moab

Sun Oct 28 2018

Very short and lots of poison ivy on the trail. A bunch of stagnant water at the end of the canyon that’s not really worth hiking too. If you’re just in Moab for a couple of days definitely skip this one. There are much better hikes

Sun Sep 16 2018

This trail is definitely easy, but super beautiful. I did it on my way through Moab and it was barely out of the way. A great way to stretch your legs and most of it was in shade so even though we did it mid afternoon it was still enjoyable.

Sat Jun 30 2018

06/11 no poison ivy, just beautiful! Went at about 7am and it was a little chilly. Super easy, great starter for the day.

Mon May 14 2018

Went here May 11 and it was very full of poison ivy! It’s everywhere and you can’t avoid it! Be careful this spring and summer.

Wed Apr 25 2018

Very easy. The markings in the stone are outside the canyon so you simply can drive up and look. Ended up doing a bit of exploring and had fun.

Sun Apr 08 2018

Super kid and dog friendly! My kids loved this hike the most out of the 5 we did in the Moab area. They loved the scenary, hiking terrain, and the end “special” spot :-)

Sun Apr 01 2018

Quick and easy!! Beautiful sights

Sat Dec 09 2017

Nice short trail. We climbed up to wall to the edge and walked around to the natural amphitheater and it was beautiful.