Mill Creek Pipeline Trail

Mill Creek Pipeline Trail is a 13.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked on pipeline trail from Burch hollow trailhead to grandeur peak trail then cut down into church fork picnic area. 1.6 miles of 90% downhill hiking, plus bridges and stream at the end - great for little kids. There are some steep drop offs so keep the kids close, but it was certainly doable with the two year olds holding hands with adults. We had a perfect hike!

Such a fun and easy "hike" for anyone just getting into enjoying the Millcreek Canyon. Get an early start to beat the weekend trail traffic. Crossed paths with other dog walkers and trail runners. I'll definitely be returning.

So, so, so much dog poop all over the trail and bags of dog crap thrown everywhere. Ruins this hike for me. Clean up after your dang animals or stay out.

I love this trail as easy to access and reliable for running but if you are a beginning runner, remember you must hike up to the trail before it levels off. Saw a rattler down low on the trail this last run.

Great easy hike in a beautiful canyon, and the multiple trailheads let you decide whether you want a short or a long hike. Trail is VERY narrow in places, so watch out for mountain bikes zooming around the bends. We went on an odd-numbered day when biking is prohibited, but we still had to look out for a few bikes racing along who had no intention of giving us the right of way as instructed by numerous signs. There is no shade anywhere near the western-facing lookout over the valley, so be ready for that if you plan to stick around there for a while, particularly in the afternoon.

Started at the top and did about 2 miles of it then had to turn around because it was getting dark. On Monday I plan on hiking this entire thing & cant wait ! Did not gain a ton of elevation on the part I did which was the last 2 miles of the trail or so. Relatively easy & flat

Great for newbie mountain bikers.

Nice trail when you are looking for a relatively flat run

Really good, well worn trail and flat for most of it, so good for trail running but no much to look at.

This is a great a place to trail run!

I was stoked for the trail, and was not let down!! Great incline and great views. CAUTION: the trail head sign mentioned that dogs are only permitted to be off leash for odd numbered dates. I.E if I went with my dog in the 2nd of any month, my dog would have to be on a leash. Bummer. Where is the dog trust?

There are 4 trailheads starting from the bottom of Millcreek Canyon Road and heading up from which this trail can be accessed from: Rattlesnake Gulch, Church Fork, Burch Hollow, and Mount Aire.

I read on here that starting from Rattlesnake is quite steep and not very scenic. Since I started the hike quite late in the evening (7:30PM or so) I wanted something that I could easily do in and out. So I started from Church Fork. Immediately you are placed in a very pretty trail, with lots of trees and greenery. There is a waterfall at the trailhead which is cool too. Again, almost immediately you get amazing panoramic views of Millcreek Canyon.

I hiked from Church Fork to Burch Hollow. It is 1.6 miles, plus 1.6 miles back. Super easy, not steep at all, most people and kids could do it. I would have liked a bit more of a "hike", it felt more like a nature walk. Lots of people trail running and mountain biking. Dogs are allowed.

What's nice is you can do the trail in sections. Since the sun was going down, I only did one small portion. I would like to try another section of the trail very soon. Also, Grandeur Peak can be accessed from the Church Fork trailhead. I would like to try that as well. Supposedly it's a hard hike.