Mill Creek Pipeline Trail

Mill Creek Pipeline Trail is a 13.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

21 minutes ago

As a beginner and a big gal, I loved this hike. :)

The trail is very nice. Steep in the beginning with rewarding views. The people who bring their dogs need to be held accountable for leaving bags of dog poo on the sides of the trail. Don't bag it if you are just going to leave it, just throw it off the trail with a stick...

Great trail! Dog friendly. Very steep at the beginning but flattens out once you get about a half of a mile up!

Absolutely gorgeous up there right now! Not muddy at all, those the horse flies are really bad right now so bring bug spray or be prepared to get bitten.

Which trail is good to start at - needs to be easy and not too steep? Thank You

Great for walking the pup!! Beautiful wild flowers in May!

This is such an amazing hike. You start off with a steep hike upwards(not too strenuous) and then you get up to the shoreline trail, which wraps around the mountain, and gives an amazing view of SLC.

Nice easy hike. Mostly uphill obviously. if you head East and get bored 2 hrs in like me you can just shortcut back down the side of the mountain, if you're at least 1/4 mountain goat.

Great winter walk. We started out with snowshoes and after several yards we decided the trail was packed well enough to go without.

Quiet trail and moderate traffic. Nice getaway close to town.

I loved it!! It is a moderate beginner hike but well worth the views!!!

I particularly love this trail in the fall months. Explodes with gorgeous colors. Great for hiking, running, and biking, especially for amateur mtn bikers like myself. Dog friendly. It has multiple entry points so you can decide just how long you want to make your hike/ride.

Love biking this trail!! It’s great for beginners who are learning to handle their bike or for someone who wants a relaxed ride. There are only a couple of technical spots that are easily walked.
I prefer to start at the top of the canyon and bike to the end. Then I turn around and come back. But it can be done either way. Some people start at the top, bike to the end, turn around and only come part of the way back up when they go down a side trail to the canyon road. They then ride the canyon road down to the mouth of the canyon where a second car picks them up and takes them back to their car. Sound complicated but it’s actually fun.
Busy trail so watch for hikers and other bikers.

It's a steep start for the first 1.5 miles or so (started at the Rattlesnake Gulch Trailhead), but so worth it once you get to the top & the trail evens out.

Steep to get started but definitely worth the view of SLC!

Steep beginning but worth it!

Great hike! Started at Mount Aire trail head; once you get into the Wasatch National Park you will have multiple options for which trailhead you want to take. Mount Aire was bout 4 miles total round trip. 3/4 of the trail is covered by thick Forrest which is beautiful and follow a small stream - great for the dog to cool off in and grab a drink. You'll reach a spot where you think you've "reached the top!" Keep going to the right, but it's a great place to catch your breath and take in the awesome views. Starting at this point the trail does narrow and you are exposed to the sun the majority of the way up so bring water and coverage for the intense sun. Very worth to go all the way up, you see 360 degree views. Dogs are allowed off leash on ODD number days, we appreciated this! Only saw a few other hikers and dogs on a Wednesday afternoon. Can't wait to start at another trailhead to extend this hike!

Meh

Hiked on pipeline trail from Burch hollow trailhead to grandeur peak trail then cut down into church fork picnic area. 1.6 miles of 90% downhill hiking, plus bridges and stream at the end - great for little kids. There are some steep drop offs so keep the kids close, but it was certainly doable with the two year olds holding hands with adults. We had a perfect hike!

Such a fun and easy "hike" for anyone just getting into enjoying the Millcreek Canyon. Get an early start to beat the weekend trail traffic. Crossed paths with other dog walkers and trail runners. I'll definitely be returning.

So, so, so much dog poop all over the trail and bags of dog crap thrown everywhere. Ruins this hike for me. Clean up after your dang animals or stay out.

I love this trail as easy to access and reliable for running but if you are a beginning runner, remember you must hike up to the trail before it levels off. Saw a rattler down low on the trail this last run.

Great easy hike in a beautiful canyon, and the multiple trailheads let you decide whether you want a short or a long hike. Trail is VERY narrow in places, so watch out for mountain bikes zooming around the bends. We went on an odd-numbered day when biking is prohibited, but we still had to look out for a few bikes racing along who had no intention of giving us the right of way as instructed by numerous signs. There is no shade anywhere near the western-facing lookout over the valley, so be ready for that if you plan to stick around there for a while, particularly in the afternoon.

Started at the top and did about 2 miles of it then had to turn around because it was getting dark. On Monday I plan on hiking this entire thing & cant wait ! Did not gain a ton of elevation on the part I did which was the last 2 miles of the trail or so. Relatively easy & flat

Great for newbie mountain bikers.

Nice trail when you are looking for a relatively flat run

Really good, well worn trail and flat for most of it, so good for trail running but no much to look at.

This is a great a place to trail run!

I was stoked for the trail, and was not let down!! Great incline and great views. CAUTION: the trail head sign mentioned that dogs are only permitted to be off leash for odd numbered dates. I.E if I went with my dog in the 2nd of any month, my dog would have to be on a leash. Bummer. Where is the dog trust?

There are 4 trailheads starting from the bottom of Millcreek Canyon Road and heading up from which this trail can be accessed from: Rattlesnake Gulch, Church Fork, Burch Hollow, and Mount Aire.

I read on here that starting from Rattlesnake is quite steep and not very scenic. Since I started the hike quite late in the evening (7:30PM or so) I wanted something that I could easily do in and out. So I started from Church Fork. Immediately you are placed in a very pretty trail, with lots of trees and greenery. There is a waterfall at the trailhead which is cool too. Again, almost immediately you get amazing panoramic views of Millcreek Canyon.

I hiked from Church Fork to Burch Hollow. It is 1.6 miles, plus 1.6 miles back. Super easy, not steep at all, most people and kids could do it. I would have liked a bit more of a "hike", it felt more like a nature walk. Lots of people trail running and mountain biking. Dogs are allowed.

What's nice is you can do the trail in sections. Since the sun was going down, I only did one small portion. I would like to try another section of the trail very soon. Also, Grandeur Peak can be accessed from the Church Fork trailhead. I would like to try that as well. Supposedly it's a hard hike.