Mill B North Fork Trail

Mill B North Fork Trail is a 10.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 4.4 miles up the canyon to trailhead. Trailhead is located on the north side of the S curve 0.1 mile past Mill B South Fork Picnic Area. Trailhead sign marks the beginning of the trail.

Great Hike! A little muddy throughout the hike. Near the end of the hike there is a little bit of snow that requires hiking sticks or crampons. Great views.

Pretty hike!

Love this hike even took my son on it in my pack when he was two good hike
Last Spring:
Mill B North Fork was especially breath taking on this rainy hike. The rain clouds moving into the canyon might of made it hard to see the few that most people hike up to the look out spot to see but I would not change the weather for a farther few that day, the clouds rolling in made a fantastically mythical atmosphere that was really enjoyably to see. The cloud cover and rain also made all the colors on the trail come alive, the greens were so vibrant, It was so hard not to take pictures of everything I saw!
I loved this trail because of its winding paths that take you up at a faster pace giving you a little work out bringing the heart rate up. About 10-15 min into the trail it evens out to an area that has vary little of an incline and you can competently enjoy the nature around you and running stream to the left of the trial once you get closer to the look out point the trail gradually steepens.
Once I arrived to the look out the rain had picked up greatly and it was quite windy. And as soon as I stepped up to the top of the look out the rain instantly turned to snow as it fell, through the weather you can see the road going farther into Big Cottonwood Canyon and you can look the opposite direction and see the road leading back to Salk Lake. The best part was when I started to walk back down and I took only About five steps lower and the snow tuned back to rain and as i looked up i could see where it was still snowing, there was a fine line between snow and rain.

Hiked and Snowshoed the trail today. Hiked until he snow started getting deeper up on the ridge the snowshoes did make it easier about half way up. Light snow was falling all morning.

Kudos to whoever marked that little side trail that takes you to the rocky overlook, giving a gorgeous view of the canyon, almost 360 degrees around. This has been my favorite hike in my young career of hiking the wasatch.

I loved this hike! I think because the fall colors were bursting with color. Stunning! I would highly recommend it.

Guess I should have read the reviews about the gals being at the beginning :) I hiked about 2.5 miles up, which is when the path got a little sketchy after going across the face of the mountain. Some steep sections, but overall not too taxing. I think it's classed correctly at 'moderate' - though I would say it's a narrow single trail and some parts are overgrown.