Mill B North Fork Trail

Mill B North Fork Trail is a 9.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 4.4 miles up the canyon to trailhead. Trailhead is located on the north side of the S curve 0.1 mile past Mill B South Fork Picnic Area. Trailhead sign marks the beginning of the trail.

Beautiful view and trail with uphill and canyons!! Really enjoyed!

Moderately difficult trail with beautiful views. We had to turn back at the end when too much snow was falling. We could barely fund the trail. Plenty of stunning views. Just remember the weather can change quickly towards the top.

This hike was absolutely beautiful! The trail starts at the TH sign, then crosses the road and continues up the stairs on the right. The first bit is the hardest, switchbacks in the sun on rocks. Once it curves around to the back side of the mountain it follows a creek for a little ways. Then you continue up the mountain. I went up about 2.5 miles and most of it was in the shade. I didn't see anyone else on the way up. The views were spectacular!! Will definitely do this one again!!

Rattle snake on trail.

Hiked this on 7/1/17. The views were spectacular and the wild flowers even better! I would have rated this as difficult but then again I'm used to hiking at 1,200 ft. Elevation. I'm an avid hiker, but 52 yrs old and about 30 lbs overweight. We saw a few others that were running it as this trail intersects with a few other trails. It took us four hours up and 2.5 down. We started at 7am and was in shade most of the way up. Coming down, we were mostly sun exposed and it got quite warm. A beautiful day!

Lots of green along the trail. Came across a couple of rattlesnakes. Other than that, beautiful hike.

It's a very rocky incline at first. It does level off but remains a steady incline. You will want good shoes. There are plenty of places to stop and rest and take in the amazing views. I didn't make it to the top but I will do this one again. Most beautiful hike I've done in a while.

There was snow about half way up that could be passed by taking a brief off-trail shortcut on some leafy and slightly muddy terrain. There were a few very small snow patches on the trail that I could just walk over. And about 0.5 miles from the end of the trail there was a very large snow patch covering steep terrain and I could not find any way around that. It is still worth it to hike this trail even though I couldn't quite reach the end this time.

Beautiful trail. Very well maintained for as far as I was able to go. Big snow patches at about 8200ft. Crossed a few until I got to a large one with a ~50° incline. Nah, I'm good.

Great Hike! A little muddy throughout the hike. Near the end of the hike there is a little bit of snow that requires hiking sticks or crampons. Great views.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Pretty hike!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Love this hike even took my son on it in my pack when he was two good hike
Last Spring:
Mill B North Fork was especially breath taking on this rainy hike. The rain clouds moving into the canyon might of made it hard to see the few that most people hike up to the look out spot to see but I would not change the weather for a farther few that day, the clouds rolling in made a fantastically mythical atmosphere that was really enjoyably to see. The cloud cover and rain also made all the colors on the trail come alive, the greens were so vibrant, It was so hard not to take pictures of everything I saw!
I loved this trail because of its winding paths that take you up at a faster pace giving you a little work out bringing the heart rate up. About 10-15 min into the trail it evens out to an area that has vary little of an incline and you can competently enjoy the nature around you and running stream to the left of the trial once you get closer to the look out point the trail gradually steepens.
Once I arrived to the look out the rain had picked up greatly and it was quite windy. And as soon as I stepped up to the top of the look out the rain instantly turned to snow as it fell, through the weather you can see the road going farther into Big Cottonwood Canyon and you can look the opposite direction and see the road leading back to Salk Lake. The best part was when I started to walk back down and I took only About five steps lower and the snow tuned back to rain and as i looked up i could see where it was still snowing, there was a fine line between snow and rain.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Hiked and Snowshoed the trail today. Hiked until he snow started getting deeper up on the ridge the snowshoes did make it easier about half way up. Light snow was falling all morning.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Kudos to whoever marked that little side trail that takes you to the rocky overlook, giving a gorgeous view of the canyon, almost 360 degrees around. This has been my favorite hike in my young career of hiking the wasatch.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

I loved this hike! I think because the fall colors were bursting with color. Stunning! I would highly recommend it.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Guess I should have read the reviews about the gals being at the beginning :) I hiked about 2.5 miles up, which is when the path got a little sketchy after going across the face of the mountain. Some steep sections, but overall not too taxing. I think it's classed correctly at 'moderate' - though I would say it's a narrow single trail and some parts are overgrown.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I didn't have time to check out the falls, but the main hike was beautiful and just strenuous enough to be a nice workout without being too hard. Great for if you don't have tons of time but want to see gorgeous views.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Beautiful views from the overlook, although it is very easy to miss the path branch to get to. Hike was moderately difficult, lots of switchbacks so not going too vertical at any point. Mostly shaded in the morning, nice and cool.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Liked this trail not too crazy difficult but definitely some steep spots. View is nice at the top, right in the middle of everything!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Me and my fiance completed this trail and it is actually where he proposed to me because of the beautiful scenery at the top. Great hike to do if you are trying to get better at hiking and want to see some great views!

Monday, August 15, 2016

There are a couple cool campsites close to the beginning of the trail

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Great night hike with a pretty cool view of the city lights as you walk the trail!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

It was a nice trail. Great scenery. The majority of the falls are at the trailhead and not along the trail. For me, mountain hikes are always great and humbling.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Beautiful view

Sunday, July 17, 2016

There is a waterfall 100 yards up the stream from the road. Take the small unmarked path next to stream just to the left of the trail on the north side of the road.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

made it to Raymond peak. good hike. the falls is at the trail head across the road from the s curve. it's like 100 ft from the road.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Shaded most of the way, easy enough for kids although the first part is a climb it does get easier. We packed out a lot of extra trash from careless people that built campfires too close to the trail. PLEASE practice "Leave No Trace" so others can enjoy the wilderness.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Short. We like snowshoeing it.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Really pretty hike, couldn't find a trail to get down to the actual waterfall. But there was an awesome overlook

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Great hike with the kids!