Mill B North Fork Trail

Mill B North Fork Trail is a 10.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 4.4 miles up the canyon to trailhead. Trailhead is located on the north side of the S curve 0.1 mile past Mill B South Fork Picnic Area. Trailhead sign marks the beginning of the trail.

It's a very rocky incline at first. It does level off but remains a steady incline. You will want good shoes. There are plenty of places to stop and rest and take in the amazing views. I didn't make it to the top but I will do this one again. Most beautiful hike I've done in a while.

There was snow about half way up that could be passed by taking a brief off-trail shortcut on some leafy and slightly muddy terrain. There were a few very small snow patches on the trail that I could just walk over. And about 0.5 miles from the end of the trail there was a very large snow patch covering steep terrain and I could not find any way around that. It is still worth it to hike this trail even though I couldn't quite reach the end this time.

Beautiful trail. Very well maintained for as far as I was able to go. Big snow patches at about 8200ft. Crossed a few until I got to a large one with a ~50° incline. Nah, I'm good.

Great Hike! A little muddy throughout the hike. Near the end of the hike there is a little bit of snow that requires hiking sticks or crampons. Great views.

Pretty hike!

Love this hike even took my son on it in my pack when he was two good hike
Last Spring:
Mill B North Fork was especially breath taking on this rainy hike. The rain clouds moving into the canyon might of made it hard to see the few that most people hike up to the look out spot to see but I would not change the weather for a farther few that day, the clouds rolling in made a fantastically mythical atmosphere that was really enjoyably to see. The cloud cover and rain also made all the colors on the trail come alive, the greens were so vibrant, It was so hard not to take pictures of everything I saw!
I loved this trail because of its winding paths that take you up at a faster pace giving you a little work out bringing the heart rate up. About 10-15 min into the trail it evens out to an area that has vary little of an incline and you can competently enjoy the nature around you and running stream to the left of the trial once you get closer to the look out point the trail gradually steepens.
Once I arrived to the look out the rain had picked up greatly and it was quite windy. And as soon as I stepped up to the top of the look out the rain instantly turned to snow as it fell, through the weather you can see the road going farther into Big Cottonwood Canyon and you can look the opposite direction and see the road leading back to Salk Lake. The best part was when I started to walk back down and I took only About five steps lower and the snow tuned back to rain and as i looked up i could see where it was still snowing, there was a fine line between snow and rain.

Hiked and Snowshoed the trail today. Hiked until he snow started getting deeper up on the ridge the snowshoes did make it easier about half way up. Light snow was falling all morning.