Mill B North Fork Trail

Mill B North Fork Trail is a 10.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 4.4 miles up the canyon to trailhead. Trailhead is located on the north side of the S curve 0.1 mile past Mill B South Fork Picnic Area. Trailhead sign marks the beginning of the trail.

Moderately difficult trail with beautiful views. We had to turn back at the end when too much snow was falling. We could barely fund the trail. Plenty of stunning views. Just remember the weather can change quickly towards the top.

This hike was absolutely beautiful! The trail starts at the TH sign, then crosses the road and continues up the stairs on the right. The first bit is the hardest, switchbacks in the sun on rocks. Once it curves around to the back side of the mountain it follows a creek for a little ways. Then you continue up the mountain. I went up about 2.5 miles and most of it was in the shade. I didn't see anyone else on the way up. The views were spectacular!! Will definitely do this one again!!

Rattle snake on trail.

Hiked this on 7/1/17. The views were spectacular and the wild flowers even better! I would have rated this as difficult but then again I'm used to hiking at 1,200 ft. Elevation. I'm an avid hiker, but 52 yrs old and about 30 lbs overweight. We saw a few others that were running it as this trail intersects with a few other trails. It took us four hours up and 2.5 down. We started at 7am and was in shade most of the way up. Coming down, we were mostly sun exposed and it got quite warm. A beautiful day!

Lots of green along the trail. Came across a couple of rattlesnakes. Other than that, beautiful hike.

It's a very rocky incline at first. It does level off but remains a steady incline. You will want good shoes. There are plenty of places to stop and rest and take in the amazing views. I didn't make it to the top but I will do this one again. Most beautiful hike I've done in a while.

There was snow about half way up that could be passed by taking a brief off-trail shortcut on some leafy and slightly muddy terrain. There were a few very small snow patches on the trail that I could just walk over. And about 0.5 miles from the end of the trail there was a very large snow patch covering steep terrain and I could not find any way around that. It is still worth it to hike this trail even though I couldn't quite reach the end this time.

Beautiful trail. Very well maintained for as far as I was able to go. Big snow patches at about 8200ft. Crossed a few until I got to a large one with a ~50° incline. Nah, I'm good.