Middle Fork Wheeler Creek is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Huntsville, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,033 feet Route Type: Loop

The Middle Fork Wheeler Creek Trail is an easy walk through a wooded area. It is less traveled than the other sections of Wheeler Creek trails. Here you will find a multitude of birds, and wildlife including deer and moose. Trail is a natural surface single track. The Middle Fork Wheeler Cheek Trail is just one of many wonderful recreation trails in the Snow Basin, Ogden Valley area. This trail is popular among hikers, bikers, and horseman alike. It is an easy walk through green meadows marshes and scrub oak. Here you will find a multitude of birds, and wildlife including deer and moose. Due to it's approximately to the Snow basin ski resort this trail is also popular for back country skiers and snowshoeing. So no matter what your pleasure or time of year you will find it on this trail.

Trail is very dry now. Everything was very green and saw lots of snakes, luckily moving away from me. There was a good amount of shade on the west part of the loop. Overall a decent leisurely hike.

flooded

Not my favorite. I wouldn’t do this until later in the spring. It is really muddy and washed out. Some snow as well that is hard to walk in. I didn’t like the trail not just because of the mud. That’s what happens in spring. I just found it boring and not a lot to look at. Maybe late spring or fall would be prettier.

March 4. great trail, not too hard. a bit of incline. great walk for our 9 month old puppy. not sure this trail gets enough shade in summer. The trees that you go through look dead. the trailhead packed snow on it, no need for snowshoes, but in some spots spikes might be convenient

Beautiful morning! Trail packed. No snowshoes needed for trail travel.

good cool down hike after sardine peak loop

This is a great trail! I would suggest starting at old snow basin road, rather than the suggested route, just alot more fun..not difficult, well maintained trail, few bikes or others on trail when I went there, incline is gradual, there are some rocky areas but overall its on the lower end of a 'moderate trail..this is a must for fall colors!

it was pretty hot. didn't finish and quite a bit of

Decent trail. About 50% tree coverage, and the coverage there is isn't that great. There's a small creek about halfway you can refill water at if you have a filter. Otherwise you'll probably be happier with 2 liters. I was up there in about 80 degree weather 3pm-6pm and the sun was brutal. A lot of nice views though. I saw a total of three people on the trail, all on bikes. And I didn't see the first one until about 5 miles in.

Wed May 30 2018

Beautahful

Thu Apr 05 2018

Looks great for later in the season but still too muddy for us after a day of skiing... We were passed by some trail runners though!

Sat Dec 23 2017

Combined with the lower Wheeler Creek trail this was a slow burn of a fat bike ride. I also enjoy this route on metal edged cross country skis when fresh snow has deep cover, as it can become quite rutted as it is a popular snowshoe trail.

Tue Jul 25 2017

This was one of the first mountain biking trails I've ever done. It was challenging for a beginner, but very doable.

Tue Jul 11 2017

Good easy hike. Always lots of people and finding a place to park can be hard.

Mon May 29 2017

We did the East Fork/Middle Fork loop this afternoon. It wasn't too busy considering the holiday but we should have either started earlier or waited for the evening-our dog had a hard time b/c it was pretty hot. Good thing there were plenty of streams to wade through. Middle Fork has more shade but East has better views. A great hike!

Sat May 06 2017

One of my favorite hikes so far. Cant wait to hike the trail next weekend.

Mon Jul 04 2016

Fun little hiking trail, but nothing spectacular in terms of views. The climb was so gradual it felt like a level walk most of the time, and the loop is a actually a series of connecting trails so without a map it got a bit confusing in areas. They should put in a map at the trailhead. Loved the wildflowers and beaver pond though.

Sat Sep 05 2015

Easy but what ever you do. Do not go of the trail or you might get bit by wasps and hornets. One of my sons got 7 stings and my other son got 3 and their cousin got one on the eye.

Thu Jun 11 2015

I hike this one a lot. I usually run into moose and other wildlife and it's not too crowded. I like to connect to this from the Wheeler Creek trail. It's an easy and pretty trail.

Sun Apr 19 2015

This is a much quieter section of trail than I expected - I did not see anyone else during my walk through this section. Must have been my lucky day.

Sun Apr 12 2015

Mild winter allowed for this amazing hike with my brother. The trail was hard packed snow and we even saw a couple of mountain bikers out. I will be back in the summer to hike this amazing trail again.

Thu Sep 05 2013

I have hiked and biked this trail several times. If you hiking it, it is best to to this one in the morning, by the afternoon this trail is usually being used quite a bit by bikers. When we biked this we went across the old snowbasin road took it up to the top of the hill and finshed out the trail by looping along the mapels trail around to snowbasin and back to the Green pond trail, about 8 miles, tons of fun.

Mon Jul 23 2012

Beautiful bike or hike. I think best enjoyed on a Mt. Bike.

recorded Middle Fork Wheeler Creek