Middle Fork Wheeler Creek

Middle Fork Wheeler Creek is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Snow Basin, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The Middle Fork Wheeler Creek Trail is an easy walk through a wooded area. It is less traveled than the other sections of Wheeler Creek trails. Here you will find a multitude of birds, and wildlife including deer and moose. Trail is a natural surface single track. The Middle Fork Wheeler Cheek Trail is just one of many wonderful recreation trails in the Snow Basin, Ogden Valley area. This trail is popular among hikers, bikers, and horseman alike. It is an easy walk through green meadows marshes and scrub oak. Here you will find a multitude of birds, and wildlife including deer and moose. Due to it's approximately to the Snow basin ski resort this trail is also popular for back country skiers and snowshoeing. So no matter what your pleasure or time of year you will find it on this trail.

One of my favorite hikes so far. Cant wait to hike the trail next weekend.

Fun little hiking trail, but nothing spectacular in terms of views. The climb was so gradual it felt like a level walk most of the time, and the loop is a actually a series of connecting trails so without a map it got a bit confusing in areas. They should put in a map at the trailhead. Loved the wildflowers and beaver pond though.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Monday, September 28, 2015

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Easy but what ever you do. Do not go of the trail or you might get bit by wasps and hornets. One of my sons got 7 stings and my other son got 3 and their cousin got one on the eye.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

I hike this one a lot. I usually run into moose and other wildlife and it's not too crowded. I like to connect to this from the Wheeler Creek trail. It's an easy and pretty trail.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Sunday, April 19, 2015

This is a much quieter section of trail than I expected - I did not see anyone else during my walk through this section. Must have been my lucky day.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mild winter allowed for this amazing hike with my brother. The trail was hard packed snow and we even saw a couple of mountain bikers out. I will be back in the summer to hike this amazing trail again.

Thursday, September 05, 2013

I have hiked and biked this trail several times. If you hiking it, it is best to to this one in the morning, by the afternoon this trail is usually being used quite a bit by bikers. When we biked this we went across the old snowbasin road took it up to the top of the hill and finshed out the trail by looping along the mapels trail around to snowbasin and back to the Green pond trail, about 8 miles, tons of fun.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Beautiful bike or hike. I think best enjoyed on a Mt. Bike.