Mendon Peak Trail

Mendon Peak Trail is a 6.2 mile out and back trail located near Mendon, Utah that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and horses. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

We did this trail today (7/24) and it is HUGELY overgrown. 6 foot tall weeds lined a lot of the trail, along with loads of stinging nettle and bushes. Tons of flies. It is gorgeous when you can see through the weeds and some of the more clear spots have pretty fields of wildflowers. I wouldn't recommend to anyone who isn't at least mildly active.

Monday, June 13, 2016

I like to do this one every year. Overall it is pretty steep continuous climbing with some switch backs. Once you reach the saddle rock, you have great views of Cache Valley and Box Elder. You can continue this trail south and go down Cold Water Lake trail at Stewart's Cone, or keep going and come down Rattlesnake Trail in Sardine Canyon, and find the geo marker on top of Box Elder Peak. (Make sure you have someone to come pick you up. Lol)

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

My daughter and I hiked up as far as we could go on Saturday Evening. We got to a point where there was still snow on the trail and it was quite muddy so we came back down. But it was a really good hike, not too hard, but good views of Logan as we hiked.