Memory Grove Trail

Memory Grove Trail is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

A very decent trail with a lot of honors to the military. I originally wanted to run this, but there was so much to see that I decided to walk. Very beautiful, the only issue I had was I way off trail a couple of times. At first I thought it was me, but then I realized that it was the map. I had to just leave the trail and walk on the road around the southern band and then I was trailer again after.

Pretty woodland setting. Add or subtract a star depending on whether hordes of off leash dogs and their abandoned waste is a pro or con for you.

Easy short walk/hike. Mix of sun exposure and shade. Good for dogs and kids.

I’m an out of shape lady and this trail is great. It has a nice incline, length, and diverse landscape for a beginner trying to get out of the house for some light exercise.

There is plenty of parking, a fair number of people, and the trail is wide enough that it’s never weird skirting by other walkers— lots of dogs, families, and people from all walks of life. I enjoy this walk at dusk. You’ll find plenty of shade walking on the east side of the stream on the dirt path (with lots of places to sit and rest along the way), or a paved road on the west of the stream (with no places to sit). It’s feels a little cooler temperature wise from the stream.

This is noted as an up and back walk, however—you can walk up one side, cross either one of the two bridges to the west/east side of the stream then walk back. Enjoy! (Lastly, to my knowledge, there is no open bathrooms/water fountains in this area— I might be wrong, but I’ve never come across any.)

I love this trail! I've gone almost every day for the past week now. It's an off leash dog trail. The dogs love it. It's a very shaded area so you and your dogs wont over heat, and there's water EVERYWHERE. Easy for you and your pooches to keep cool and for them to get some nice, cool fresh water. It's not very long of a trail, if you're not comfortable taking the dogs up a VERY STEEP incline. At the end of the easy trail, it starts going up pretty steeply, and I'm not comfortable with my dogs doing it just yet. They'll need to mellow out. Overall, I love this for the dogs!

Even though it says only 203 feet elevation gain, I felt it! :) I don't prefer to walk on this trail because of the fact that it's paved. I guess there is a grassy/dirt/forest trail on the other side of the creek which I will try next time. There are also a few waterfalls along the creek which are nice to see!

Outside the busy city traffic of Salt Lake you can bike from downtown SLC thru Memory Grove up to City Creek Canyon where you can escape. A fairly significant climb. Road surface needs repair.

Not exactly a hiking trail, but it’s a very nice area to walk around with your dog

Not really a hiking trail but really fun with the kids. Lots of people. We swam in the river. Had a blast. We have gone back a few times with friends.

That was not a hiking trail. It was a dog park.

Beautiful park where the trail starts. Very dog friendly. Paved trail option for strollers. Gorgeous scenery including the top of the capital building peaking over the hill. Only downside is there is terrible parking availability.

Neighborhood favorite. It's not stunning but it's really great for a quick woodsy walk- I prefer the dirt side, then you can dip your toes in the stream!

Pup loved it..too easy for me!

Super easy trail. One option is ADA accessible and the other is a dirt path on the other side of the creek. Great for kids or those who don't like an incline.

this was a fun trail that you can let the dogs play only wish other pet owners would keep a better eye on there will go again when o need an easy hile

Fun place to take the dog! He loved getting in the river and we loved the mostly shaded walkways

This is a ok trail. Unfortunately some dog owners don't know how to clean up after their dogs, which leaves an undesired odor.

Fun with an old friend!

Saturday, June 03, 2017

The park is closed off by a gate. This is where the trail should really start since its the road that runs through the park. The park is beautiful. There is also an off leash walk for dogs.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

absolutely beautiful, easy family hike. great for dogs

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Charming place good for all ages and abilities IF you love dogs since they are roaming free and happy. Took the road up and hoped over to the dirt trail on the way back. Great place to renew your respect for Memorial Day or any day. Can't wait to come again and show my kids.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Lots of people but many opportunities to stray off a little. Fun place to adventure

Friday, May 19, 2017

My pup and I love this trail. It's not a crazy workout but it's scenic, well-shaded, and offers plenty of opportunities for my dog to swim and socialize with other dogs. I feel very safe doing this trail alone, which is an added bonus.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Beautiful area as you walk into Memory Grove. We took the harder Trail to the right (east) of the creek but came back on the paved route. Enjoyable hike for the whole family!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Very pretty trail. Lots of places to sit and enjoy the scenery. However, be warned that there are a TON of wet dogs running free all through the park and trail! I got jumped on a number of times. Yuck.

As someone else mentioned, once you are out of the "park" trail, parts of the trail are eroded and sometimes kind of scary. Definitely wear good shoes if you plan to do the entire trail as listed.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Very easy hike, you do have an option where you want to be adventurous or just an easy walk. There is paved roads that you can take or the dirt road. Do know that the dirty road is being eaten away at some parts, so if you have hiking shoes with better grip...that will definitely help. If you have a puppy and want to take it for you to hike...this is a great place to hike with your pet. There are so many dogs everywhere.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Getting There:
Take the 600 N. exit in Salt Lake City and turn east. Then turn right onto 300 W. Turn left onto N. Temple. Follow that street until you reach B Street and then turn left. Follow B street, which will take you up by the Capitol and around a little canyon. After a little loop in the road you'll see a large Trail head sign for City Creek Canyon. The trail starts just south across the street from this sign. You can also start at the opposite end of the trail by walking the paved path from Memory Grove and heading north.

The entire trail is paved which makes it accessible for strollers and wheel chairs. There were a lot of people with dogs and a lot of bikers. On the way down we stayed on the west side of the creek, which was partially shaded. Part of the way down there are little pools in the river that people have made with little rock walls. It's really cool to see. On our way back we tried to take the east side of the river, but should only have taken it from Memory Grove to about halfway. We tried to go the whole way, and due to a lot of wash outs, and multiple trails made for a harrowing journey with a 5 and 8 year old. It was a fun trail and was really nice since it was a much shorter drive than most hikes in other canyons. If you stay on the paved trail it was very easy and enjoyable.