Maybird Lakes Trail

Maybird Lakes Trail is a 7.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Lots of snow on the last mile to the lakes. We kept losing the tail but thanks to this app we found our way up. My boots were filled with snow melt when we were done. Don't try this hike with sneakers! The lakes were beautiful and still partly frozen. Pfeifferhorn looms large in the background.

Beautiful views. Luckily there were other footprints I could follow. Snow is pretty deep in spots. Spikes and gaiters are very helpful

A few inches of snow and the trail is impossible to see after the Red Pines/Maybird fork. Only one person had been to the Maybird lakes since the last snowfall so I just followed their tracks. GPS did not match the trail.

one of my favorite trails. very quiet. very beautiful

Monday, July 24, 2017

Smaller lakes mostly surrounded by rock, but the walk over from the Red Pine trail is beautiful. Also minimal people on that side.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Small but pretty lakes, with Pfeifferhorn in the background. First mile to the Red/White Pine Junction is relatively easy, after the 2nd junction its steep & muddy in some places. Absolutely no traffic, enjoy the solitude!

recorded Maybird Lakes Trail