Mansard Great Diverse Trail

Mansard Great Diverse Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kanab, Utah that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 908 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Nice trail

A real gem of a hike close to Kanab. Very well marked and easy to follow. Elevation gain is all close to the start. I saw lots of lizards, butterflies and bunnies. No rattlesnakes. Views are awesome. Cacti are blooming with beautiful flowers. I was the only person on the trail all morning. The trailhead is a short ways down the dirt road after GoogleMaps says you have arrived, which is at the gate at the end of the paved road. Stay to the right instead of going up to the water tank. Apparently, you can drive an ATV to the top on a different route, but I don't see that road on the map.

This is a great hike. It’s not easy. There’s a good deal of elevation gain. It took me about 1.5 hours up and back down. Don’t bring your dog. It’s a long journey to the pictographs and it’s HOT in the summer. Bring water and pack a lunch. Follow the trail. Rocks have been stacked to help keep you on the right path. It’s amazing to see pictographs from so long ago. Please help keep them safe and preserved for the next generation to enjoy!

DOG OWERS.. although this trail is dog friendly we had to turn around because of large boulders but suitable if you can carry your dog. Also a local I met said she does not take her dogs now because the snakes (rattlers) are out and there are so many boulders/rocks/crevices where rattlers love to hang out. Personally, we my dog and I had no problems on the trail we could do The trail is lovely, great views! Follow our full time RV adventures on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/Apackof2ForTheRoad/?ref=bookmarks

This is a great trail near Kanab. The first part is steep with a lot of elevation gain but then levels out. There is one place where you'll have to scramble a bit up the rocks but it wasn't too difficult. The trail was full of beautiful wildflowers and great views the entire way. The petroglyph panel was remarkable. The hike was about 5 miles. I don't know who doesn't mileage for BLM, but all of their docs rate it much shorter. All Trails has it about right. Very good hike...with a lot to see.

Nice, uncrowded hike. Trail was well-marked enough and easy to follow. When you get to the gate at the end of the road, drive up towards the water tower and park in the area to the right of the water tower road. The alcove at the top has some nice petroglyphs and is a really nice spot to hang out and relax before heading back down. Saw 4 people on the trail.

I lost the trail a few times so I didn’t finish but I enjoyed what I was able to do. Thick sand for sure.

recorded Mansard Great Diverse Trail