Learn more

Lower Pine Creek Waterfall Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(242)
Zion National Park

Lower Pine Creek Waterfall Trail is a 0.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 55 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This fun hike takes you to a beautiful pond and 15-foot waterfall on Pine Creek. Boulder-hopping or wading is required. The trail is not maintained or listed on any park maps, but it is easy to find and follow. The trailhead for Lower Pine Creek is the first (bottom) switchback. Pine Creek flows year-round and comes from a spring near the base of the Great Arch. Seasonal runoff can increase the flow dramatically. You'll have to cross Pine Creek a couple of times. Most people will be able to jump from rock to rock and keep their feet dry. Keep an eye out for tadpoles and other critters in the stream. Right before the large waterfall are a couple of ponds that are big enough to swim in. Lower Pine Creek Falls is about 15 feet tall. The pond at the base of the falls is knee to waist deep.

Low water level and some difficult scrambling at the end to get there. Beautiful hike and waterfall.

Shallow pools to chill. Can go farther if you go a bit higher over the canyon to get over the small waterfall area.

Fun short hike with beautiful pools and a small waterfall at the end. There is a bit of bouldering just before the falls but we managed just fine with our four boys 3, 7, 10 and 12.

Wow this is an awesome trail! Bring a swimsuit as there are a couple of dammed up pools by the waterfall that are deep enough to fully swim in. Awesome tadpoles all along the way. A bit sandy so wear some water shoes like chaco’s. We took our three year old and 1 year old in hiking packs and were able to make it the whole way with no real problems.

beautiful. fun hike with little swimming holes

Worth it. A million times. Pretty sandy though. Bring swim suit!

One spot is tougher for smaller young kids - outs were 11 and up and did fine once they got a bit of assistance. There’s just the one spot that could be a bit scary ... but 7 of us did it. 3 Adults, and 4 kids from 11-16. The trail is fun working your way through the creek and over rocks - quick 45m or so. Depends on how long you’d like to spend at the small pool of water at the base of the waterfall. Pool is amazingly refreshing - small tadpoles in there which the kids loved trying scoop up in their hands and release. We loved the hike and enjoyed it

Very fun trail. Many places to swim. I did it without getting wet at all with a camera, but to do so you have to do some shimmying? Up rocks. I went up right and down left. We spent about 30-45 min. Easy parking and good trail to do while waiting for narrows to open

My absolute favorite adventure. It’s a bit tricky for a hefty person, and I found I had to scramble and climb differently than everyone else but this trail is possible for larger body types. Good shoes is a must! There was a hole that made me nervous but I was able to pull myself up and into it. Starts off with an amazing view and ends with an even better view. Go with a friend/s as I can imagine injuries happen frequently with this one. We found ourselves crossing left and right side to try to find safer ways of reaching that waterfall. It’s worth the exertion. Kids loved sliding down the left side of the waterfall.

Well, I attempted to record my hike but I couldn’t see the map well on record. There isn’t a particular made trail for this (at least not one that I found) and we climbed some rocks and a tree branch to get to the final destination. It was worth it!!

Great trail. Not as kid friendly as we were anticipating. Beautiful area though.

Got almost all the way there. Involves technical bouldering to get to the falls.

Beautiful little hike in. Bring your trunks. Watch for slippery patches.

Not the easiest trail to go on if it has been raining. If it rained prior to hiking, there will be a lot of rock-hopping across the creek and climbing to get to the waterfall. Was very fun but would have been easier if it had not rained the night before going.

Nice little waterfall

Fun hike, with just enough scrambling to make it interesting. Waterfall is beautiful.

icy