Lower Emerald Pool Trail

Lower Emerald Pool Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

partially paved

Easy trail in Zion National Park. Minor drop-offs. Paved trail leads to the Lower Emerald Pool and waterfalls. Connects to the Middle Emerald Pools Trail.

Very easy hike, with a nice waterfall at the end. Stunning with the snow today.

Not difficult. Family friendly. Can get very crowded.

Beautiful views in the snow on 12.30.18

Easy trail and fun for all member of the fam. Old to young we were able to make the lower pool no problem.

We went Dec 12th, there wasn't a lot of people but middle and upper pool is closed. We saw two waterfalls and it was very muddy/slippery at the pools. We also saw deer and turkeys while on our way in! Definitely a great hike.

This place is beautiful!! A must see.

Easy paved hike to the lower Emerald Pool. The Trail to the upper pool was closed. I went on a rainy day so there were two waterfalls at the lower pool. It’s pretty, but not quite as memorable as some of the other Zion hikes. Good for a rainy day though as it’s not really a hike for views/vistas.

Made the best of the Emerald Pool and waterfall since the others were closed. A good walk, on mostly pavement, that almost anyone could do. Beautiful views all around you along the way.

MEH. Uneventful, compared to other water features. Muddy trail and a lot of traffic. The views are all looking UP.

Nice short hike. Beautiful colors. Would love to see in the spring with more runoff.

Wanted to do some short hikes before we drove back to Vegas. The upper and middle pool trails were closed due to rock falls so that left the lower pool. It was Ok. Real easy. I will say the fall colors were really gorgeous on the trail! Other than that, the pool at the end was nothing special. If you have time to kill and want to get in a short hike, I would recommend this one.

This trail is fun and simple! Great cool down/warm up. The rock can be slippery when wet so watch your footing! The upper pools are closed due to rock falls in July.

I went at dusk and so avoided the crowds (well, other than a pack of photographers with their 3-legged companions at the start). Trees are changing here and they look spectacular against the canyon walls. The walk from the lodge to the lower pool (as far as you can go right now) was shorter than I would have liked but it was a very welcome opportunity to stretch my legs after a long drive in.

Activity wise not much to speak if but photographically is was fabulous

This was a very crowded hike, way to many people on the paved trail that went to the dirty pool of water. I think there are a lot better hikes to do while here in Zion. The best part was the weeping walls at the top by the pool.

Good little hike for anyone. I recommend doing this hike before angels landing as this is nothing in comparison.

An easy, paved trail that's relatively steep in places, but the hike is worth it.

It looked like a dirty pond. I guess I’m spoiled by other hikes but this one didn’t do it for me. Nice walk to kill some time before dinner. That’s about it.

The upper part of this trail was closed when we went at end of September because of falling rocks and I believe flooding. It was beautiful none the less. This was one of my first times seeing the destruction of nature and one I will remember.

I did this hike in the dark so I didn't the best view of the pools. I have heard they are not as green as they look in pictures due to photographers adding filters to their photos.

Cool walk, very crowded. Middle and Upper pools are currently closed due to flooding.

see

Rock fall had blocked access to the upper and middle emerald pools but this trail is still worth the time. Great photo opportunity on the bridge across the Virgin River. This is a popular trail and will be crowded but it is wide enough to accommodate

This was a very short, paved trail. There wasn’t much water in the pools. If you’re an experienced hiker, I would recommend exploring other Zion options over this.

middle and upper emerald pool trails were closed at the time...settled for the lower which was ok. steady quick climb.

Decent trail, lots of shade, all paved. Not much water in the pool or flowing from the falls. Still great views of the surrounding canyon.

Short hike with beautiful views (rock formations, waterfall, lots of deer). Great hike for beginners who want to warm up to the other popular hikes in Zion National Park.