Lower Emerald Pool Trail

Lower Emerald Pool Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Easy trail in Zion National Park. Minor drop-offs. Paved trail leads to the Lower Emerald Pool and waterfalls. Connects to the Middle Emerald Pools Trail.

Beautiful pools! Great hike for off season hiking.

Was nice easy walk. Watch out for wildlife, heard a bear right off the trail and saw plenty of deer. Trail is icy in winter

First hike in Zion, and is a great start to the park. Very easy climb to all 3 pools, and I recommend hiking to each one. While the park says to use the Emerald Pools trail, it is actually much, much, MUCH prettier to hike up the Kayenta trail to the pools and come back down the Emerald Pools trail. The views down-canyon, especially at sunset, from the Kayenta trail are breathtaking and you don't get those on the Emerald Pools trail. This was a nice surprise and I wish Zion told people about this more!

This trail really didn't do anything for me. There were tons of people and I didn't think the pools were anything to get excited about. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.

Easy out and back paved trail that crosses the Virgin River and ends at a beautiful waterfall set back from the valley.

Our first hike in Zion. Beautiful walk and temps were perfect first thing in the morning.

Beautiful place in October

We were in st George and had a free pass to get into the park. it cost $30 to get in and parking is awful, and may cost you an extra $20. We went in late September and waterfalls were all but dried up. had to drag kids up, only to be disappointed by whay we saw. I live in Utah, and I prefer lower calf creek, near Boulder for an amazing waterfall, and Jones Hole nest Vernal for cool red cliffs.

Simple, not so nice in summer time, water level is too low.

Very great views. the best way to hike is to start at the Kayenta trail. it's worth it. best view and it s more into the wild that the paved trail and you have a little bit less of a croud.

We did the trail over the Labor Day weekend with 9 and 5 year old. They loved it, but if you have a wild child... I would consider harnessing them :)

Loved the waterfall caused by water seeping from the rocks just before the first pool.

I wouldn't say this hike is very kid friendly, maybe older kiddos, yes. There are cliffs and with the crowds it made all of us nervous. We only made it to the 2nd pool, kids refused to go all the way up, they were afraid.

Easy hike for the family but was extremely crowded. We went on a Tuesday morning in July and were planning on going to the upper pools but the kids didn't want to deal with the crowds the rest of the way up.

Easy paved trail! Rewarding little waterfall.

Easy hike for the whole family.

It's a nice stop to take a lunch break but keep going to the upper pools to make it worth your while.

On the weekends the trail is overly crowded which ruins the experience and the beauty. If you want to enjoy this trail or even the park plan it so that you are not in the middle of the hustle and bustle. The views are breathtaking and worth the time to plan a great trip. To read more about our trip check out my blog https://lovz2hike.com/2017/04/29/emeraldfalls2017/

Happy Hiking :)

We really enjoyed this hike!

Beautiful hike.