Lower Emerald Pool Trail

Lower Emerald Pool Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Easy trail in Zion National Park. Minor drop-offs. Paved trail leads to the Lower Emerald Pool and waterfalls. Connects to the Middle Emerald Pools Trail.

I did this hike in the dark so I didn't the best view of the pools. I have heard they are not as green as they look in pictures due to photographers adding filters to their photos.

Cool walk, very crowded. Middle and Upper pools are currently closed due to flooding.

see

Rock fall had blocked access to the upper and middle emerald pools but this trail is still worth the time. Great photo opportunity on the bridge across the Virgin River. This is a popular trail and will be crowded but it is wide enough to accommodate

This was a very short, paved trail. There wasn’t much water in the pools. If you’re an experienced hiker, I would recommend exploring other Zion options over this.

Decent trail, lots of shade, all paved. Not much water in the pool or flowing from the falls. Still great views of the surrounding canyon.

Short hike with beautiful views (rock formations, waterfall, lots of deer). Great hike for beginners who want to warm up to the other popular hikes in Zion National Park.

saw deer, great views

Though short, it was beautiful. Not as high a priory as the other more popular hikes, but worth it.

Easy hike. We saw deers and squirrels as my team and I were on our way back. You can also get in the Virgin River. It's so refreshing!

This trail was well populated with families, as it should be (keep them off Angel's Landing!!!) It's an idyllic hike to a cool pool, with many opportunities along the way to drop into the river. I'd recommend this for a hot summer day because of the access to water.

Easy trail. Nice views through the valley. Only 3 stars as it is just not comparable at all to some of the other hikes you can do in Zion. If you only have one day in Zion and are happy to do a harder hike I would suggest hiking Angel’s Landing (even if you don’t do the chains) or Observation Point.

Middle and upper pools are closed I would save your time and energy for another hike. Was extremely crowded around 10:30-11 am when we went.

this was the only trail we could do in the time we had as we arrived at 5 and left at 7. you take shuttles to the various trails which took up some time. The valley was shady. the pool was not spectacular but the trickling water was nice to see and hear. Views of the peaks with the setting sun striking them from the shadowed path. easy hike.

fun little walk

Scenic trail with good views and leading to a small waterfall.

I really enjoyed this hike with the running water of the Virgin River next to some of it. The waterfall was nice and there’s so much to look at along the way.

Nice easy hike on a path. We only made it the first pool due to time. Was crowded in the late evening around 6pm on 6/3

More steep than descriptions sound. Pool is not picturesque. Very busy.

Super easy hike for all skill levels with rewarding views at the end. The pools are spectacular.

We did this hike as part of a loop from the Lodge to the grotto and back to the Lodge. It was a nice hike to get up and see the Lower Emerald Pool (we chose to not go up to the Middle or Upper pool). A bit steep but not too bad and nice views of the Lodge area from the top.

We try it as a dessert after Observation Point but no leave it with tourists and families..

Mixed terrain and breathtaking views made for an invigorating hike and great photos!

We took our family of 5, and my husband walking with a Flexleg due to an injury and it was beautiful. Family/leg disability friendly.

Beautiful pools! Great hike for off season hiking.

Was nice easy walk. Watch out for wildlife, heard a bear right off the trail and saw plenty of deer. Trail is icy in winter

First hike in Zion, and is a great start to the park. Very easy climb to all 3 pools, and I recommend hiking to each one. While the park says to use the Emerald Pools trail, it is actually much, much, MUCH prettier to hike up the Kayenta trail to the pools and come back down the Emerald Pools trail. The views down-canyon, especially at sunset, from the Kayenta trail are breathtaking and you don't get those on the Emerald Pools trail. This was a nice surprise and I wish Zion told people about this more!

This trail really didn't do anything for me. There were tons of people and I didn't think the pools were anything to get excited about. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.

Easy out and back paved trail that crosses the Virgin River and ends at a beautiful waterfall set back from the valley.

Our first hike in Zion. Beautiful walk and temps were perfect first thing in the morning.