Lower Emerald Pool Trail

Lower Emerald Pool Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Easy trail in Zion National Park. Minor drop-offs. Paved trail leads to the Lower Emerald Pool and waterfalls. Connects to the Middle Emerald Pools Trail.

Mixed terrain and breathtaking views made for an invigorating hike and great photos!

We took our family of 5, and my husband walking with a Flexleg due to an injury and it was beautiful. Family/leg disability friendly.

Beautiful pools! Great hike for off season hiking.

Was nice easy walk. Watch out for wildlife, heard a bear right off the trail and saw plenty of deer. Trail is icy in winter

First hike in Zion, and is a great start to the park. Very easy climb to all 3 pools, and I recommend hiking to each one. While the park says to use the Emerald Pools trail, it is actually much, much, MUCH prettier to hike up the Kayenta trail to the pools and come back down the Emerald Pools trail. The views down-canyon, especially at sunset, from the Kayenta trail are breathtaking and you don't get those on the Emerald Pools trail. This was a nice surprise and I wish Zion told people about this more!

This trail really didn't do anything for me. There were tons of people and I didn't think the pools were anything to get excited about. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.

Easy out and back paved trail that crosses the Virgin River and ends at a beautiful waterfall set back from the valley.

Our first hike in Zion. Beautiful walk and temps were perfect first thing in the morning.

Beautiful place in October

We were in st George and had a free pass to get into the park. it cost $30 to get in and parking is awful, and may cost you an extra $20. We went in late September and waterfalls were all but dried up. had to drag kids up, only to be disappointed by whay we saw. I live in Utah, and I prefer lower calf creek, near Boulder for an amazing waterfall, and Jones Hole nest Vernal for cool red cliffs.

Simple, not so nice in summer time, water level is too low.

Very great views. the best way to hike is to start at the Kayenta trail. it's worth it. best view and it s more into the wild that the paved trail and you have a little bit less of a croud.

We did the trail over the Labor Day weekend with 9 and 5 year old. They loved it, but if you have a wild child... I would consider harnessing them :)

Loved the waterfall caused by water seeping from the rocks just before the first pool.

I wouldn't say this hike is very kid friendly, maybe older kiddos, yes. There are cliffs and with the crowds it made all of us nervous. We only made it to the 2nd pool, kids refused to go all the way up, they were afraid.

Easy hike for the family but was extremely crowded. We went on a Tuesday morning in July and were planning on going to the upper pools but the kids didn't want to deal with the crowds the rest of the way up.

Easy paved trail! Rewarding little waterfall.

Easy hike for the whole family.

It's a nice stop to take a lunch break but keep going to the upper pools to make it worth your while.

On the weekends the trail is overly crowded which ruins the experience and the beauty. If you want to enjoy this trail or even the park plan it so that you are not in the middle of the hustle and bustle. The views are breathtaking and worth the time to plan a great trip. To read more about our trip check out my blog https://lovz2hike.com/2017/04/29/emeraldfalls2017/

Happy Hiking :)

We really enjoyed this hike!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Beautiful hike.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

A beautiful winter hike with my infant. If hiking in winter, wear ice spikes. It gets slippery.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Saturday, January 14, 2017

A short, easy, and very popular hike to the first of three beautiful pools. We arrived late in the afternoon at the beginning of our first trip to Zion and managed to squeeze in all three pools just before sunset. This was a nice introduction to the park. And it made for a comfortable hike on what had been a warm day in the canyon. It also helped to thin out the crowds. There was still some water descending from the middle section into the Lower Pool. It was neat passing behind the two waterfalls before beginning to make our way up to the next level.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

good relaxing trail

Friday, December 02, 2016

Slow easy hike. Loved it for an after lunch adventure.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Lovely, easy hike on a great trail with unbelievable views every direction. November was the perfect month to be here.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Easy hike to dripping water forming small pools. Walked along the creek. Wear water shoes if you have them. There were tadpoles in the middle pool. Saw collared lizards and ducks. I have to say though if I were coming back to Zion, I would NOT come in July! Way too hot and crowded. We did this particular hike at 8:00 pm which helped with heat and crowds. Also saw the sunset.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great family friendly trail. I was skeptical about it being paved (not being challenging or interesting enough). But we took our 4 year old twins and saw two deer, had amazing views of the waterfall... From a distance and up close. And we took the Grotto Trail down. Another great hike!