Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir Loop

Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Great hike! I would recommend going in the fall or in the spring, it gets hot!

I loved this hike! It was short, but steep. My 2-year-old handled it like a boss, though. The little reservoir is so peaceful and beautiful! We saw ducklings and geese! We will definitely be doing this again!!

Beautiful trail with a beautiful lake, has huge steps and stairs though so if you have bad knees I wouldn’t recommend it. We continued on down the path and around the lake. There are many trail options which is nice.

This is rated easy for hiking, but it's definitely moderate for trail running because there isn't an even running surface. The 1/4 mile is marked so it's perfect for hill sprints.

beautiful Trail scenery hiking not bad for 55 year old people nice views

Fun little hike we were staying at snowbird. I’ve always wondered why all those cars were parked at the mouth of the canyon for. Now I know and will definitely go again. Great for birding saw quite a few species up close and personal. The fishing was fun too caught two cutthroats where the creek feeds into the reservoir. Took my daughters the first day. Make sure to take water with you this time of year it can get hot. The first quarter of the hike was the most challenging for my girls both 12 and 15. I saw some younger kids around 5 and 6 not having as much fun but still able to complete the hike the payoff is the reservoir. Do it you’ll be glad you did.

So pretty with wild flowers right now. It’s pretty steep and rocky. Started getting busy after 8am., but it’s also a holiday.

Rocky. Steep. Narrow path. Lots of people. It really is a “hike”. Took my 6 year old she made it but it was hard. Pretty lake at the end. A great reward for the work out.

Great for kids. Head to the falls for a little more challenge

It was a steep hike but very pretty at the lake!

Best scene I’ve seen so far in trialing!

Very easy!!’enjoy it.

Maybe I haven’t been on enough hikes to rate this fairly, but I thought this was hard and very rocky. Not ideal for little ones. Hardly any path without having to climb large rocks. It was fun and a pretty location. Nice to hear the nearby running river and ends at a beautiful lake. Went Sunday at 1:30 and it was very busy.

So pretty!!!

I would hike here everyday for the view and peace if I could. Went high noon on a Tuesday and it was practically empty minus a select few. Highly recommend going to the other side of the lake for sure.

This was our first hike in Utah. It was a great beginner hike. It had some nice views and a few alternate paths to travel for a more “off-road” experience. It was pretty crowded when we went, but it was on a weekend.

Great hike for come back hikers. Easy to complete and it’s fun to be around water for sometime. It’s reasonably busy and can completed in couple hours.

This was such a fun hike. There is a great climb for the first half of the hike and then the rest is just a nice trail hike around the lake. Super fun to come down as well!

Great hike! Easy enough to do, but hard enough to definitely break a sweat. It was also a good enough hike to do it barefoot!

Very easy and short. good for a quick hike

Beautiful.

Hiked this trail with my two kids last week, my five year old did great. this Trailhead is a little bit steeper than the Granite trail head that also leads to Bell Canyon reservoir but it was still a nice Trail. The reservoir water line is still low as of last Sunday; leaving the lower Creek bed dry, but this means you can easily hike around the reservoir without getting your feet wet. It is also not stocked for fishing yet from what I heard from other hikers.

Steep first .4 miles. Fairly nice walk around the lake. Some snow on north facing trials. Overall a very pleasant hike.

Very steep. Went a few days ago and is currently covered in snow and some ice. This hike is basically you climbing the entire time until you reach the lake and then climbing back down. Would not recommend toddlers due to steep stairs and ice. The lake was semi frozen but still beautiful. Gave my thighs a workout for sure.

This is the steeper but shorter trailhead. It’s less popular so I have found it easier to get parking.

I went in from the south but the ending point was amazing.

I made it till the lake , next summer will hike till the waterfalls. I started from trailhead at waswatch and it was steep when coming back down. It was easy going up .

Quick and easy!

Relatively quick hike to get away. late October the reservoir is pretty barren.