Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir Loop

Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

one of my favorite go-to hikes. do this a couple times a week.

so this is the very first hike i did and by my self!! now, this wasnt horrible...when i read easy, i thought the terrain would just be flat basically, but it wasnt...it is a little steep...at first theirs some stair like way that is as if you were going on a kinda steep staircase basically...i didnt make it to even the reserve because apparently their was still an hr to it, and i had already been walking for 40 min....i did ask an 'older' couple, probably in their late 40s or early 50s...and they said they took 2 hrs to get to the reserve and 2hrs to get back down....i still recommend it even if you just want to walk a bit like i did

Great hike, although I did see a rattle snake as I was heading up, I’m assuming it’s because it’s been so hot lately, I would recommend doing it earlier in the day.

This is a great hike! I would grade it as more moderate than easy especially for kids and adults that are shorter. There are a lot of high, steep steps in the beginning going up. The lake and the view at the top are beautiful!

pretty great hike.. the entire family loved it

probably do e this one 100 times by now. recommendations: hike October-April. WAY too hot in the summer. Rattlesnake sightings also present during summer months

Great hike. Short, took us about an hour. It was raining so super muddy. Hard to find the trail around the lake, possibly due to the rain and mud. Lots of ducks! Fun and easy- a bit of an incline going up but nothing difficult. And fun going down! Great views of the valley.

I did this loop earlier today...did a little geocaching and then because I am a glutton for punishment I hiked up to the lower falls. Both are good hikes....just different and the difficulty level is harder for the lower falls. This loop trail still gives you a workout because the first part of it is going uphill so ignore the difficulty level rated as easy and give it a try and if it's not enough then go up to the falls....I am sure that will be enough unless you are in incredible shape. have a good one all.

It is a steep hike, but is very short. It’s beautiful once you get up there, just watch out for the ducks and geese

This is an easy trail for OCR racers. It’s a doable trail for the rest of us.I think I’ll add this trail for my Spartan practices.

very inclined, but beautiful and totally doable for kids.

Screw All Trails for claiming this is easy. Definitely difficult hike. Pretty, but difficult

It says easy... I guess that’s subjective, but it is very worth the effort.

I left my toddler's small, blue and yellow flip flops somewhere along the trail between granite trailhead and the reservoir. I uploaded a photo of the shoes in the photos. If anyone finds them, please text me at 801-653-0403!! Thank you:)

Quick hike, beautiful views!

Loved this hike but it should be rated moderate based on other nearby hikes. Starts off fairly steep and rocky. My 4 year old crushed it though. Don’t feed the geese. They nearly attacked us because of people who have fed them.

Beautiful views. Difficult to find the trail on the other side of the lake, but really a nice hike.

Great hike! I would recommend going in the fall or in the spring, it gets hot!

I loved this hike! It was short, but steep. My 2-year-old handled it like a boss, though. The little reservoir is so peaceful and beautiful! We saw ducklings and geese! We will definitely be doing this again!!

Beautiful trail with a beautiful lake, has huge steps and stairs though so if you have bad knees I wouldn’t recommend it. We continued on down the path and around the lake. There are many trail options which is nice.

This is rated easy for hiking, but it's definitely moderate for trail running because there isn't an even running surface. The 1/4 mile is marked so it's perfect for hill sprints.

beautiful Trail scenery hiking not bad for 55 year old people nice views

Fun little hike we were staying at snowbird. I’ve always wondered why all those cars were parked at the mouth of the canyon for. Now I know and will definitely go again. Great for birding saw quite a few species up close and personal. The fishing was fun too caught two cutthroats where the creek feeds into the reservoir. Took my daughters the first day. Make sure to take water with you this time of year it can get hot. The first quarter of the hike was the most challenging for my girls both 12 and 15. I saw some younger kids around 5 and 6 not having as much fun but still able to complete the hike the payoff is the reservoir. Do it you’ll be glad you did.

So pretty with wild flowers right now. It’s pretty steep and rocky. Started getting busy after 8am., but it’s also a holiday.

Rocky. Steep. Narrow path. Lots of people. It really is a “hike”. Took my 6 year old she made it but it was hard. Pretty lake at the end. A great reward for the work out.

Great for kids. Head to the falls for a little more challenge

It was a steep hike but very pretty at the lake!

Best scene I’ve seen so far in trialing!

Very easy!!’enjoy it.

Maybe I haven’t been on enough hikes to rate this fairly, but I thought this was hard and very rocky. Not ideal for little ones. Hardly any path without having to climb large rocks. It was fun and a pretty location. Nice to hear the nearby running river and ends at a beautiful lake. Went Sunday at 1:30 and it was very busy.