Lost Creek Falls Trail

Lost Creek Falls Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Lost Creek Falls is an out and back trail located in Provo Canyon. The trailhead is just off of Highway 189 and it is a easy-moderate hike to the waterfall. This trail is not very well known as it is overshadowed by Bridal Veil Falls. Avoid in winter and early spring as avalanches are frequent.

The first time I tried it I was on the right path but then realized I wasn't following the trail as it's shown on AllTrails. So I went back down before reaching the falls only to be disappointed that the marked trail here just dead-ends. The second attempt I reached the falls. Lots of bouldering and loose rocks to reach the actual falls. The first attempt I only saw 4 other hikers as I was coming down. The second time I saw no one.

Really nice hike...very quiet, no other hikers when we went...serene

Lost Creek Falls is a short and steep day hike best left to experienced hikers. The parking area is not obvious, but hit "DIRECTIONS" from within the AllTrails app and then Google Maps will take you to the correct place. When you reach the turn in the trail (where it crosses the creek), instead of following the trail to a dead end, continue following the creek until you reach the falls or don't want to hike anymore. I reached a waterfall just above the 6068 contour line. Watch out for snakes! I encountered a massive one nearby the waterfall (see picture).

Also, if you do follow the trail where it bends, as suggested by the official route, you will find an impressive fire pit overlooking Bridal Veil Falls.

Overall, good hike. But if you are looking for a waterfall hike, I recommend more Bridal Veil Falls Trail for a short hike and Stewart Falls Trail for a longer hike.

great hike without a lot of people on the trail. starts steep but then as you walk up the river it becomes a gradual incline. pretty creek to explore--no major waterfalls just lots of little falls.

Loved it! Bring good hiking boots if you want to hike up the river to avoid bad ankle twists.

The trail is somewhat short, steep, and undefined at times, but that can be a good thing. The waterfall at the top is way cooler than pictures can show, as the whole area near the top is full of falls and cool things. When we got to the falls we were past the red line on the map that turned to the right. To get to the falls just follow the creek until you get to the top.

Took the family up here today and we loved it! It was steep but totally worth it. The creek was awesome. Not too cold yet either! We did feel like the hike could have ended once you get past the creek and to the little rock couch area. It's about 1.2 miles round trip that way. We hiked past it to the end and there wasn't much there and the trail is a bit washed away. The trailhead isn't marked but if you follow the map it's on the left hand side when you go up Provo Canyon. It's a small gravel road with a small dirt parking area. You just walk up the gravel road past the gate and head upwards once you see a small maintenance shack with graffiti all over it.

Couldn't find the trailhead. Pretty hike though!

It's a straight up steep hike. Once you get up to the water it is fun to explore, but don't expect a good trail. It's still a lot of fun to explore. I'll definitely do it again except I want to see how high up the canyon I can go.

I loved this hike totally worth going! just be prepared to take a sharp right off of the freeway at a high speed a rate lol

this trail now appears to be a construction site. the trail has been ripped up by large construction equipment in order to fun el the creek into an underground pipe. only the last 300yrds or so of the original trail exist. the view of bridal falls is still very nice but hike up the dusty dirt road that's littered with construction equipment was not very nice...the hike was super fast so it may still be an option for someone who wants a quick under 45min hike with a decent view of bridal falls.