Lost Creek Falls Trail

Lost Creek Falls Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Lost Creek Falls is an out and back trail located in Provo Canyon. The trailhead is just off of Highway 189 and it is a easy-moderate hike to the waterfall. This trail is not very well known as it is overshadowed by Bridal Veil Falls. Avoid in winter and early spring as avalanches are frequent.

Took the family up here today and we loved it! It was steep but totally worth it. The creek was awesome. Not too cold yet either! We did feel like the hike could have ended once you get past the creek and to the little rock couch area. It's about 1.2 miles round trip that way. We hiked past it to the end and there wasn't much there and the trail is a bit washed away. The trailhead isn't marked but if you follow the map it's on the left hand side when you go up Provo Canyon. It's a small gravel road with a small dirt parking area. You just walk up the gravel road past the gate and head upwards once you see a small maintenance shack with graffiti all over it.

Couldn't find the trailhead. Pretty hike though!

It's a straight up steep hike. Once you get up to the water it is fun to explore, but don't expect a good trail. It's still a lot of fun to explore. I'll definitely do it again except I want to see how high up the canyon I can go.

we had a great time, it didn't take very long but was fun climbing over the rocks and across the stream!

I loved this hike totally worth going! just be prepared to take a sharp right off of the freeway at a high speed a rate lol

this trail now appears to be a construction site. the trail has been ripped up by large construction equipment in order to fun el the creek into an underground pipe. only the last 300yrds or so of the original trail exist. the view of bridal falls is still very nice but hike up the dusty dirt road that's littered with construction equipment was not very nice...the hike was super fast so it may still be an option for someone who wants a quick under 45min hike with a decent view of bridal falls.

lots of fun! a little rough on the ankles because you're hiking up a steeper stream for most of it, but very pretty and quite refreshing.

I didn't mind how steep it was, but I wasn't sure where the end was supposed to be, since the trail kind of disintegrates after you reach the creek. We found a cool little alcove in the rock farther up though, so that was fun.

Pretty steady incline til you reach the creek. Not too long though. I crossed over the creek to try and continue on a trail that was marked on the app and found the cute rock sofa fire pit area. The app said the trail continued on that way. If there ever was a trail there it is completely overgrown. I went as far as I could that way just walking through brush and found nothing at the end of the "trail". Headed back to the creek and decided to venture up stream. Definitely worth it! If I had someone else with me I probably would've kept going. It is absolutely gorgeous up there. Very secluded hike. I saw one person coming down on my way up and he said he had been the only one up at the creek. Also LOTS of big spiders crawling around the rocks while I was climbing up stream.

Me and my 11 year old boy did this trail! It was So beautiful A little steeper than I expected but a great little work out The waterfall was amazing!!!! Very recommended!!

The trailhead is not marked and it was definitely more uphill than I was thinking after hitting Bridal Veil Falls, but nice hike.