Longbow Arch Trail

Longbow Arch Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from March until November.

From the center of Moab, travel north on Highway 191 for 5.9 miles and turn left on Highway 279. Continue 6 miles from this junction until you reach the "Dinosaur Tracks" sign, where the route leaves the pavement. The parking lot is at the top of this hill.

Unique hike with lots of sandy trails plus a couple steeper rocky parts that were a little tricky with 12 and 2 year old Golden Retrievers but since I am able to lift it all worked out...and my 9 and 11 year old daughters liked it!

This hike was awesome! I loved how secluded and private it was. The arch was totally worth the hike, and there were lots of other amazing scenic spots along the way.

just wanted to post an FYI for others who perhaps saw this hike as "dog-friendly" on discover Moab... don't attempt it alone with dogs you couldn't hold in one arm. right after trail breaks off from dinosaur tracks one, you're faced with a short climb. it isn't far at all, and there are handles built into rock for humans..but I have two dogs of medium size that are GREAT at scrambling and hiking and neither could get up this incline. (they had both just done Corona Arch and scrambled at the two places where there's ropes/ladder for humans) it was a little too tall for me to lift them up, and I was alone so we weren't able to get beyond this spot.

Packs a lot of punch for a 2 1/2 mile hike ... Dinosaur tracks, petroglyphs and an arch. The trail itself is alright. More sand than I expected. Still, I'm glad I did it.

Saturday, July 23, 2016