Lone Peak via Jacob's Ladder Trail

Lone Peak via Jacob's Ladder Trail is a 11.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Climb to the top of this 11,000 foot Wasatch Peak which rises above Salt Lake City with a massive glacial cirque. This is a fairly strenuous climb to the top of one of the tallest peaks of the Wasatch Range. Reaching the cliff-lined summit will require some scrambling up steep slopes and over boulders. Follow the track in this guide closely to find your way up a variation to the top that takes you up a steep coulouir. Bring a camera as you will have specatacular views.

I did this yesterday and it kicked my butt. I hike every other day and struggled to do this!! also, directions are wrong here and take you too a closed road. i hiked from a parking lot many miles away. very steep and easy to lose the path at the end. bring water and company.

We do this hike every year. Jacobs is always hard (up and down). Minimal snow on the top. There is some ice, but going to summit is not a problem.

Made the summit just after sunrise today with help of crampons and ice axe. Others who came later behind me didn't use such gear, though a few had some on hand.
Finding the trail at night was tough, but the full moon was a great help in saving batteries on the simpler paths. A tiring but absolutely excellent experience!

Very challenging but worth it! We did this Oct 7th and made it to the top. There was snow on the ridge line but it was doable!

Climbed this on September 30. Talked to some campers who said there were others attempting it on prior days but gave up 100 meters from the summit do to the slippery snow conditions. We (stupidly) pressed on and made it.

The last 50 or so meters was super scary and dangerous. With only 4 inches of snow on most of the boulders, there isn't enough to remain stable on top of the icy base. The block with the survey marker was under about 2.5 inches and way too slippery for my comfort.

I would recommend everyone ether wait for more snow pack and have proper mountaineering gear, or do this one when there is no snow or ice.

amazing hike I've done it over 20 times there is no water after June bring lots of water start before the sun comes up it gets very hot. I'm going up in a few days I'll post how much snow is up there when I get back

Challenging hike but the best peak around, hands down.

Awesome hike, make sure to keep track of where you are going thought because you can easily lose he trail near the top.

Extremely hard trail to follow. Be patient and look for cairns. the final ascent is a lot of bouldering. you need to be comfortable with class 3s. if I remember right, there might be one little class 4 if you go all the way to the summit. this hike is way harder than timp, just so you know. pay attention and take your time when trying to navigate because my friend and and I turned this 11 mile hike into probably 14 miles. one of the more rewarding hikes I've ever done