Lone Peak via Jacob's Ladder Trail

Lone Peak via Jacob's Ladder Trail is a 11.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Climb to the top of this 11,000 foot Wasatch Peak which rises above Salt Lake City with a massive glacial cirque. This is a fairly strenuous climb to the top of one of the tallest peaks of the Wasatch Range. Reaching the cliff-lined summit will require some scrambling up steep slopes and over boulders. Follow the track in this guide closely to find your way up a variation to the top that takes you up a steep coulouir. Bring a camera as you will have specatacular views.

Awesome hike, make sure to keep track of where you are going thought because you can easily lose he trail near the top.

Extremely hard trail to follow. Be patient and look for cairns. the final ascent is a lot of bouldering. you need to be comfortable with class 3s. if I remember right, there might be one little class 4 if you go all the way to the summit. this hike is way harder than timp, just so you know. pay attention and take your time when trying to navigate because my friend and and I turned this 11 mile hike into probably 14 miles. one of the more rewarding hikes I've ever done

The trail is very hard but the payoff at the top is amazing. And thanks to the many souls who've put up rock cairns to guide the many different ways to approach the peak.

This is one hell of a hike! The first two miles are a slightly moderate incline and a nice warm up. Around two miles you hit the "Jacobs Ladder tr. no. 186" sign. It's a steep uphill from there for about 1.8ish miles. You then descend into a beautiful meadow and stay there for about a half mile. You begin another short ascent through pines which leads to an open area where you cross over rock slabs with stunning views around you.

As you continue, you begin climbing into a valley with a stream running through it and wildflowers galore! You will come upon a boulder field and you will want to stay to the left. Look for the cairns and stay to the left some more which leads you to the saddle. More steep climbing which eventually gets you to the Lone Peak!

Start early. 6AM. Bring a lot of water (5 liters) and snacks. I tracked 13.7 miles on my Garmin GPS.

Crazy hike ! Me and my husband tried hiking this trail from Alpine but the road getting to the trail went through a construction area that wouldn't allow you to park and hike so we lost time getting to Jacobs Ladder and started at 7:00 and hiked up the Peak view biking trail to access it. It took us an hour to connect with Jacobs ladder trail I wouldn't want to do again for it was probably a mile more going and coming. Easy trail but long. We took great pictures but it ended up taking us 9 hours round trip and we only got to the ridge. We also got off the trail coming back and had to bush wack up a steep incline to get back on the trail. Hard following the Caren's coming back. Thanks to our all trails tracker we got back on track. Four other hikers did the same thing. Thanks to my trekking poles I got down safe but my knees and back were sore. Coming down was the hardest for me because of the peebles and steepness. I'm a pretty good hiker for my age of 58 but this was a test of endurance. Easy to get dehydrated. We had a water filter that saved us for a spring towards the top was good enough! Boulder hopping for an hour was hard both going and coming back. I will be better prepared and know how to tackle it better if I get a chance to do it again :)

As was said before Lone Peak itself is amazing. If you like trails that go straight up for hours, starring at oaks trees, and no shade this is the hike for you. This was the hardest hike in the wasatch range for sure.