New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Logan River Trail: Canyon Entrance Park

Logan River Trail: Canyon Entrance Park is a 5.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.6 miles Elevation Gain: 541 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Very nice, scenic trail right next to the Logan river the whole time. Easy and level. Lot of mountain bikers so just keep your eyes open because they ride like no one is walking on that trail.

I did this trail with my two young kids in a double (non-jogging) stroller. We went from the Hydro park to Stokes Nature Center. We did this mid-day in August. It was hot but a good hike. One good hill, the rest was pretty flat. I don’t have the best stroller but it did fine. We will be doing this hike again, hopefully more often!

I chose this trail at mid-day at the end of July hoping for mostly shade, which proved to be true. Starting at the Stoke’s Nature Center, the trail parallels the river for quite a distance and is fairly flat and easy. Once the switchbacks begin up the hillside shade is still good for quite a ways. I turned around when views of the highway became more prevalent than views of the river or rock and less shade was available. While the trail is beautiful with lovely river views, the highway traffic is a constant so this hike was not as peaceful and serene as I like to enjoy.

Great for kids and wife enough for strollers!

Nice trail, however every single dog encountered was off-leash. Runners everywhere. Nice views.

ok trail. if you need a quick get away for a walk, this is the place.

I definitely recommend this trail to anyone looking for a dog friendly beautiful trail!

Just went today. Saw multiple snakes, so they might be out, so be cautious.

Easy but can be cool in the evening in spring. When out and about in mountains bring water, light, radio or cell phone, jacket.

awesome trail. you can keep going if you want. flat most of the way. good for running.

Cool trail with beautiful views of the river. Great spots to fish from as you can see the trout swimming in the clear water. As you get near Spring Hollow keep your eyes open, I’ve seen a moose feeding every time I walk through this section of the trail this spring.

Visiting Logan from out of town and I found this trail on AllTrails. I parked at the sign for the Cache National Forest. I wasn’t sure what to expect but it turned out great, even for this moderately fit casual runner from the super flat Midwest. I ran a nice gradual 2.5 miles up hill and 2.5 back down. The turn around point worked out to be just after the trail gets switchback-y for about 0.5 miles and I got to the [temporary, I assume] detour onto the Bridger Look Off trail. Ran along the Logan River mostly. Passed 2 dams I think, one lake. Water so clear I could see trout swimming. Absolutely beautiful. I’d run this trail again in a heartbeat.

Tue Oct 23 2018

This is the perfect date hike. Very easy hike along the Logan river. can hike to second dam, third dam, or just around first dam, depending on the length you desire.

Mon Sep 24 2018

beautiful easy level trail!

Sun Jun 17 2018

Loved it for biking about 2 miles in and 2 miles back

Sat Apr 21 2018

Perfect family balance

Thu Feb 15 2018

First hike in the Logan area, nice and easy one to start off with. Includes lots of great views and we even enjoyed a little picnic on the rocks next to the tranquil river. The view at the top is very beautiful 360 degrees around.

Sun Sep 17 2017

Great little walk along the Logan river. Watch for dog poop seems not many clean up after their pets. Easy but beautiful walk with a few points of access to do some fishing. Overall a great afternoon of hiking and fishing...

Thu Jul 20 2017

Great running trail

Wed Jun 14 2017

pretty and quiet. the river was raging!

Fri Apr 28 2017

This is a great trail for walking, running, and biking. It is probably one of the most popular hikes near Logan. The switchbacks (a couple hundred yards up canyon) provide some nice variety and moderately gains in elevation. Bridger Lookout can be accessed by Bridger Campground which takes you up higher on the mountain and will spit you back down at Spring Hollow Campground. The map shown cuts the trail short, ending at a campground area below third dam. If you walk the road up canyon it will turn back to trail taking you to Spring Hollow Campground. From there the trail continues on the East side of the campground which will take you to the Guinavah-Malibu Campground.

Sat Sep 03 2016

We were visiting Utah for a pickleball tournament and the Logan River trails were recommended as a great place to find some hiking ventures. This trail did not disappoint! It is a total of a little over 6.5 miles if you take the lookout turn off (can't remember the name of it). Such beautiful scenery and you really are hiking on the side of a mountain! The trail is fairly easy as far as navigation and ruggedness. Most of the trail is well marked and maintained until you hit the "less kept" portion about 1/2 way in. This is more of a typical hiking trail with rocks, uphill climbs, narrower path, etc. I cannot emphasize enough the beauty of this hike! Until the veer into the mountain, you are walking right beside of the river. So serene and relaxing. Would be a great place to stop and have a picnic or read a book by the flowing river. Definitely recommend if you are in the area!

Sat Jul 30 2016

Great trail for walking - definitely not that difficult. We had 20+ youth so this was a good choice.

Fri Jul 29 2016

Tips for Out of town visitors or joggers: I ran this trail this morning. I'm not an experienced trail runner but I needed somewhere to do a longer marathon training run, found this one through AllTrails. Ran it out and back twice. It has much more uphill segments than advertised-- probably doesn't make much of a difference if you're walking it, but you'll certainly notice if you're running. Good practice for a downhill race on the way back though! Also if you're from out of town and were confused as to where the trail head is, Google Maps tells you the River trail is on the golf course near Providence. There is a ~1 mile trail (I think it's actually cement) that is also called the Logan River Trail, sometimes called the Logan River Walk Trail. If you are looking for the trail you are on this page for, it starts just a few miles after the mouth of the canyon. Also, if you use Google Maps from the location on this website it almost takes you to the right parking spot, but most people on the trail were coming from the next parking area by the "Cache Valley" sign. Park there, and the gate to the trail is just across the street. If you do park at the location this website provides, it will bring you to a parking area with a nearby sign for the Logan River. There is an asphalt beginning of trail that starts at Ray Hugie Hydro Park. Following that path for about a mile (has a big hill if you're running) and you will connect to this trail just after the bridge. Hope this answers someone's question as I spent far too much time trying to figure out what trail this really was and where to go!

Fri Jun 10 2016

Great to go run or bike but if you want to hike, don't waste your time! It was a long boring trail for me! Go up the canyon more and do the wind caves instead!

Mon May 30 2016

Great trail for family's . My hubby and I took our 9 month old in her stroller and we did most of the trail pretty easy in about 2 hours !

Mon May 30 2016

Real mellow trail up to second dam. Pretty crowded but usually pretty cool in temp.

Mon May 30 2016

18 family members enjoyed this hike. ages ranging from 3 to 58. the boulders were a challenge but we'll worth the hike.

Mon May 16 2016

It's an easy hike/jog/biking. The first bit of the trail from parking is really gravely and rocky, if you run in five-fingers / minimalist shoes it's a little precarious at this point. It's also a well traveled, BUSY trail with lots of bicycles and people with dogs OFF their leashes. Perfect afternoon hike with lots of tree cover and the river right next to the trail