Lofty Lake Loop Trail

Lofty Lake Loop Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and fishing and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lofty Lake Trail is located near Kamas, Utah and features a lake. The trail is primarily used for hiking. This Hike starts at the Pass Lake Trailhead just on the Highway near Pass Lake. Start on the Weber River trail. After a short distance you will come to the Lofty Lake Trail on the right. Continue around .7 miles and you will come to the Cuberant Lake Trail junction but continue to the right past Kamas Lake 1.3 miles until you arrive at Lofty Lake less that 1 miles from Kamas Lake. Either return the way you came or continue up the pass and drop down to Scout Lake near a boy scout camp working south and west until you arrive back at the Weber river trail and return to you car.

Snow on the trail, other than some slippery spots and occasional concern we had lost the trail...beautiful hike! Felt the elevation so took it slow. Went yesterday (Wednesday) and we didn't see anyone else along the trail or at the trailhead.

Awesome views... did it in July and there was still some snow on the pass before the drop down to lofty lake. We did it counter clockwise passing Picturesque and Scout lake first. It was an easy route but I had my wife and 10year old who were new to hiking. And coming from Florida where our highest elev. is about sea level, the altitude got to them quickly. In hindsight I think it's 50/50 on going clockwise or counterclockwise from the trailhead. Either way you gotta climb. Our hike was somewhat rushed due to trying to get to Vernal by nightfall but I think it took about 4/5 hours if I remember correctly.

The views at the pass, Lofty lake, coming out to the overview looking at Cuttthroat lake and Kamas lake are amazing! I have to say I really wish we could have spent more time and maybe fished at Kamas. Anywhere would be an ideal lunch spot.

The trail itself is in pretty decent shape. The only moderately sketchy part was coming off of Lofty and heading towards Kamas. There are several trails meandering about but as long as you have a basic map and know your directions it's pretty obvious which direction to head with using the mountains as landmarks. Sooner or later you will pick up the trail again.

There were several people (not too many) on the trail throughout the day so that put my little one at ease that we weren't lost. All in all, an awesome adventure! Highly recommended.

One of my all-time favorite hikes! The picture moments just keep coming.

An annual hike that we do counter clockwise. We like starting early in the morning and we always bring Deet to fend off the hungry mosquitoes! Wonderful views of many lakes, including Mirror Lake. Great hike!

Beautiful hike, did it counter-clockwise. We hiked trail to Lake Ruth and back to Lofty Lake trail, added 1.4 m. Rugged in a few places up and down. Eat lunch at Lofty lake and seemed to stop every bend or rise to take pictures. With pics and lunch and Ruth: 5 hour hike for us.

amazing hike! many more lakes than listed in the description. it's about 3 hours home for me, without stopping for the views.

excellent loop trail. a bit steep in places, but just awesome! several more lakes are visible than are noted in the description. it's about a three hour hike for me, if I hadn't stopped to enjoy the view so often.

Perfect short day hike with gorgeous views and some challenging spots.

Very nice hike that is not terribly difficult and offers great views of the western side of the Uinta Mountains.