Lofty Lake Loop Trail

Lofty Lake Loop Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and fishing and is best used from June until September.

Lofty Lake Trail is located near Kamas, Utah and features a lake. The trail is primarily used for hiking. This Hike starts at the Pass Lake Trailhead just on the Highway near Pass Lake. Start on the Weber River trail. After a short distance you will come to the Lofty Lake Trail on the right. Continue around .7 miles and you will come to the Cuberant Lake Trail junction but continue to the right past Kamas Lake 1.3 miles until you arrive at Lofty Lake less that 1 miles from Kamas Lake. Either return the way you came or continue up the pass and drop down to Scout Lake near a boy scout camp working south and west until you arrive back at the Weber river trail and return to you car.

suprisingly scenic for the distance. Snow crossing as late as June 24th.

Did this a couple days ago. About 90% of the trail was heavily snowbound; it could be found in spots at the beginning and the end but I was largely depending on GPS to find the route. Microspikes and poles with baskets worked but snowshoes would've been preferable. Stunning views!

Not too hard. But not easy peasy either. May be easier to go counter clock wise, which is what we did. You would climb more in the first third and enjoy the more steady descent in the latter part.

Trails are pretty clearly marked. Beautiful all around. Many lakes. Weather changes quickly. Be careful with high altitude.

Great views. Did the loop clockwise. Definitely a work out due to the altitude and the rocky trail. Would definitely do it again.

If I could give this a minus, I would. After the first half mile of maintained trail, this is scree, gravel, small rocks, medium rocks, large rocks, really large rocks. In short, both sides of the loop are a scramble up, over and around rocks and over rocks. THERE IS NOTHING FUN ABOUT THIS TRAIL! Most of the trail hasn't been maintained in years. There are so many wonderful, equally pretty hikes up there . This one should be a pass. Nice views, but those are everywhere. I think this trail should be CLOSED!!!

Beautiful! Definitely would recommend doing the counter clockwise loop! This is a hike with so many rewards all along the way. Definitely a new favorite.

Decided to try this with my 8 and 6 year old sons. The length was right, but it was probably a good thing I didn't realize how steep it was or I probably wouldn't have chosen this one.
Having said that, the boys were awesome! they carried their own sleeping bags, clothes, and food/water, and complained very little! We ascended on the Scout Lake side & camped at Lofty and descended the next morning. About 2 1/2 hours up and 2 hours down; not bad with the little ones packing! All of the lakes at intervals on the trail kept them interested, engaged, and motivated. And when we got back to the car, they were so proud of themselves! It truly couldn't have turned out better (unless we hadn't lost our water filter!) but I wouldn't recommend it to kids under I generally unless you know they're tough!

Beautiful hike, should be rated strenuous, not moderate as you do have a gradual incline for the first 2 miles, regardless of which route you take. Lots of loose rocks and steep steps make up the trail, I recommend trekking poles for those who are not considered very experienced hikers. Beautiful views, lakes, meadows and sounds but lots of bees, flies and mosquitos give this hike a 3/5 for me.

Comfortable hike with beautiful views!

fly fishing

Great relatively short loop hike with gorgeous views. Fishing was good in scout lake. I also did it counter clockwise as the East half has most of the vertical. Most flowers were in full bloom.

Beautiful hike.

Great hike, we love loops! Prefer to do this counter-clockwise, so you get all the major climbing done upfront (not really bad) while you're fresh, then you're treated with a beautiful, gradual decline the rest of the way. Took us 3 hours with a very leisurely pace, stopping for pictures and water breaks. No snow on the trail when we went (as expected), but the bugs were thick. Lakes were crystal clear and the trail was easy to follow.