Lofty Lake Loop Trail

Lofty Lake Loop Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and fishing and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lofty Lake Trail is located near Kamas, Utah and features a lake. The trail is primarily used for hiking. This Hike starts at the Pass Lake Trailhead just on the Highway near Pass Lake. Start on the Weber River trail. After a short distance you will come to the Lofty Lake Trail on the right. Continue around .7 miles and you will come to the Cuberant Lake Trail junction but continue to the right past Kamas Lake 1.3 miles until you arrive at Lofty Lake less that 1 miles from Kamas Lake. Either return the way you came or continue up the pass and drop down to Scout Lake near a boy scout camp working south and west until you arrive back at the Weber river trail and return to you car.

I loved this hike. Very rewarding, beautiful views along the way. Not hard. Very very green in the middle of the the summer. Great escape!

Snow on the trail, other than some slippery spots and occasional concern we had lost the trail...beautiful hike! Felt the elevation so took it slow. Went yesterday (Wednesday) and we didn't see anyone else along the trail or at the trailhead.

Awesome views... did it in July and there was still some snow on the pass before the drop down to lofty lake. We did it counter clockwise passing Picturesque and Scout lake first. It was an easy route but I had my wife and 10year old who were new to hiking. And coming from Florida where our highest elev. is about sea level, the altitude got to them quickly. In hindsight I think it's 50/50 on going clockwise or counterclockwise from the trailhead. Either way you gotta climb. Our hike was somewhat rushed due to trying to get to Vernal by nightfall but I think it took about 4/5 hours if I remember correctly.

The views at the pass, Lofty lake, coming out to the overview looking at Cuttthroat lake and Kamas lake are amazing! I have to say I really wish we could have spent more time and maybe fished at Kamas. Anywhere would be an ideal lunch spot.

The trail itself is in pretty decent shape. The only moderately sketchy part was coming off of Lofty and heading towards Kamas. There are several trails meandering about but as long as you have a basic map and know your directions it's pretty obvious which direction to head with using the mountains as landmarks. Sooner or later you will pick up the trail again.

There were several people (not too many) on the trail throughout the day so that put my little one at ease that we weren't lost. All in all, an awesome adventure! Highly recommended.

One of my all-time favorite hikes! The picture moments just keep coming.

An annual hike that we do counter clockwise. We like starting early in the morning and we always bring Deet to fend off the hungry mosquitoes! Wonderful views of many lakes, including Mirror Lake. Great hike!

Beautiful hike, did it counter-clockwise. We hiked trail to Lake Ruth and back to Lofty Lake trail, added 1.4 m. Rugged in a few places up and down. Eat lunch at Lofty lake and seemed to stop every bend or rise to take pictures. With pics and lunch and Ruth: 5 hour hike for us.

amazing hike! many more lakes than listed in the description. it's about 3 hours home for me, without stopping for the views.

excellent loop trail. a bit steep in places, but just awesome! several more lakes are visible than are noted in the description. it's about a three hour hike for me, if I hadn't stopped to enjoy the view so often.

Perfect short day hike with gorgeous views and some challenging spots.

Very nice hike that is not terribly difficult and offers great views of the western side of the Uinta Mountains.

great loop trail. we went backwards and liked it just as much.

My favorite day hike I've found in the area so far. Mountain peaks, several lakes, and beautiful flowers. Less crowded in the morning. Easy to make it shorter by stopping at lakes along the way. I bring my dogs and they love it.

This was the perfect trail for a quick overnight backpacking trip--we left right after work and had camp set up by 730 pm. Lots of Lakes, mountains, and views. Definitely recommend counter clockwise but mostly because of the views.

This was great hike. I think Kamas lake was the most beautiful of all the lakes you see. It is hard in some spots but totally worth the hike. Also I would recommend going from the trail head that begins in the north west section of the parking lot. Took my dog and she did great. There is a little stream at the beginning and the lakes for the dog to drink so you don't need to pack a lot of water for them. Went on a Sunday morning and it wasn't that busy.

One of the best I've done in the Uintas! great variety in the terrain, and easy enough for kids! Hiked with my 7 and 5 year old girls in about 3.25 hours. Stunning views at the top!

Utah spectacular. Stunning beauty at every turn. Very moderate hike. I can't say enough how gorgeous today was. Definitely suggest counter wise. Hiking uphill first is the best way. You'll hike into the stunning vistas on the gradual decline vs having the beauty at your back. Love this hike!

Really pretty

I loved everything about this hike: from the meadows of wildflowers, to gurgling streams, to a variety of lakes, and the panoramic views from the top.

This hike is beautiful. There are a bunch of lakes to see, and the views are spectacular. The only downside is parking can be tight on a busy weekend.

Took 3 hours. No bugs with an 10 am start time going counter clockwise.