Loafer Mountain Trail

Loafer Mountain Trail is a 11.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Santaquin, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from June until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Always one of my absolute favorite hikes! Not the easiest but certainly doable, even for inexperienced hikers. Well with it too.

the last 2 miles was scary with a 6 and 8 year old but they did it

Has two or three step sections the rest is really flat. Beautiful flowers when you are above the tree line. It took us 7 hours to complete with a 30 minute break at the top

Very scenic and beautiful! It is a difficult hike but most anyone could do it if they work up to it and are in decent shape. Bring lots of water!

steep!! but gorgeous!

Beautiful fun hike, but we were unable to reach the summit. At mile 5.25 we encountered a snow drift that covered the trail. We tried crossing but decided it would be too dangerous to do without the proper equipment. We are excited to try this hike again when the snow melts.

I enjoyed the views. I hiked up the trail, and ran down. I will definitely do this one again.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Fun hike with some good views. Took me about 3.5 hours round trip. Pretty flat till the peak.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Thursday, August 11, 2016

This hike is difficult in a few areas, one had an increase in elevation over a mile long, then the rest was quite manageable. There is a great view of South Utah county along the way, and again at the top. Take plenty of water!! I carried a 72 oz. water jug plus my insulated camelback. I had some water left over. The hike downhill was almost as difficult as going up. I only shaved off 15 minutes on the descent. The entire hike took me 6 hrs and 20 minutes. There are lots of wildflowers along the route but no wildlife other than a horny toad. I didn't see a single person going up or coming down.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Monday, July 18, 2016

A bit overgrown in the early parts of the trail. Very steep in places, overall a great trail!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Lots of wildflowers and beautiful views in all directions. One of the best views from a summit that I've seen from the 3 other Peaks I've visited in the area. There are some steep and rocky parts of the trail but they're mixed in with a lot easy going soft dirt trails that the rocky steep parts didn't bother me much. There is a view of the summit from the first saddle that makes reaching it look daunting but most of the trail from that point on is easy to moderate. It mainly walks the ridge line and is flat and has excellent views of Nebo, Payson Lakes, Timp, Utah valley, as well as many more. My Garmin Fenix tracked 14 miles round trip starting at the Loafer Mt. trailhead at hwy FR15. I think the real distance is somewhere in-between there and what All Trails has, 11.4 RT miles.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

One of my favorite peak hikes on the Wasatch front. I agree with the others regarding water. I rarely run out on hikes and I ran out a mile away from reaching my car. My favorite way to enjoy this home is to leave late at night, sleep under the stars in the area you can view the city lights, and summit and exit the next morning.