Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Little Valley Trail

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(27)
Main Park

Little Valley Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Centerville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,965 feet Route Type: Loop

A water fall few people have seen, and if you continue to keep hiking up even more waterfalls Most every one who reads this web site loves a good hike and everyone who loves a good hike loves a nice waterfall. That is exactly what you will find at the end of this hike a Very nice water fall. In an area known as Little valley, about half way between Centerville and Farmington and about 2.5 miles above the main road is a nice little water fall that few people have ever seen. Here Davis creek cascades around 20-30 feet. on its way down the valley. Along this trail you will also enjoy wild flowers and tree cover that is not common to other trails here in Utah There are some nice little camp and picnic spots to enjoy along the way also.

This was a butt kicker of a trail. It definitely lived up to it's hard rating, as it was fairly step nearly the entire time. The first portion of the trail does not have any cover so it would be really hot on a sunny day (it was overcast and cool when we went). It also seemed like you were hiking on an OHV trail for the majority of the first portion as well. Once you get to the first camping area it starts to get into a more forested area which was really pretty even at this time of year. We somehow missed the trail to the waterfall but ended up going around another way to Prayer Rock. It was a neat break spot and from the rock you could actually see the waterfall. Overall, I would recommend this trail if your willing to have some great elevation gain and cool scenery up at the top.

Mon Sep 04 2017

This trail went to the same waterfall that we saw from Davis creek trail. I liked the Davis creek trail better. This one was very open which made it hot. We did it on Labor Day. It was pretty dry and only at the very top had the trees started changing color. It was steep but very doable. Carried our 9 month old in a backpack. We only saw two other people hiking this trail and it was at the top by the waterfall. The trail was overgrown toward the end but we never got lost using this app map. There are lots of trails at the start so we used the app to make sure we stayed on the correct trail. We hiked a total of six miles.

Mon Jun 19 2017

The first part of the trail is along a dirt road covered in loose rocks. Once you get past that the trail is beautiful. A wild trail, not very maintained, but that made the adventure more exciting. A slow and steady incline most of the time, passing wild rose bushes leading to a hidden waterfall! Great morning hike.

Sat Oct 29 2016

Considering it was my first solo (with my dog) hike & no ideas on where I was going. It was not hard or too steep in any of the areas that I found. I did see a creek & bridge woohoo! I'm on my way to bigger & better views.

Sun Jul 03 2016

Nice quick hike. Just far enough from the city for a quick hike and campout. Careful on some spots especially with kids.

Sat Jun 04 2016

There is no waterfall because it's too hot so it dried up. It was stupid because a couple times lost with no good markers. Make sure you look constant at your map to know which way to travel. But it was good and great to see the Farmington pond in a higher view. But yes it is confusing to know which trail to go but I made it to the top.

Tue Oct 20 2015

Loved this hike! Absolutely beautiful views of the Salt Lake and the waterfalls were worth it. Trails can be confusing with a lot of twists and turns. Will definitely be back to this trail.

Fri May 22 2015

Easy hike but it's very easy to get lost but just follow the trail.

Thu Feb 05 2015

OOPS, Mistook Little Valley for Pretty Valley. Pretty Valley is nothing that great for the elevation gain to get there.

Wed Jan 22 2014

Went up with some friends. Was walking through deep snow. Trail is hard to locate but it ends up in some amazing thick pines. We found a geocache actually just by a tree in thick Forrest which was super lucky. We reached small stream and wanted to hike up but had to leave for work. Will be going back to find it.

Tue Sep 27 2011

This was a beautiful hike but I got lost several times. I did not find the waterfalls. It was a beautiful view. If anyone can show me the trail that would be awesome. I'd like to try it again.

Thu Apr 21 2011

Very pretty hike and nice because not well published

Sun Apr 07 2019